• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Footage shows petrified trans woman plead for her life before being beaten to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched it. Terrible.

I'm from Eastern Europe and can't find any difference between this and 1944 Nazi-occupied Warsaw executions on random Jews.

We are not yet evolved or intelligent civilized beings.

We are a joke of a civilization and we are neanderthals to thought and understanding.

Human race has centuries to go before we are enlightened, if ever.

My money is on self destruction.
Homo sapiens will never find enlightenment. We are welded to the material world. Shit like this is a part of human nature. The outsider is never welcomed.

The only real hope I have is the pace of technological change will reach a point where I can evolve myself right the fuck out of here.

Hydrus

i'd like to know this too. because if it is then it is obviously a serious problem

For a report a couple of years ago: https://journalistsresource.org/stu...ainst-lgbt-persons-2015-united-nations-report

Between 2008 and 2014, there were 1,612 murders, across 62 countries, of transgender persons — equivalent to a killing every two days.

The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights reported 594 hate-related killings of LGBT persons in the 25 members of the Organization of American States between January 2013 and March 2014.

Brazil saw 310 murders in 2012 in which homophobia or transphobia was a motive.

In 2013 the U.S. experienced 18 hate-violence homicides and 2,001 incidents of anti-LGBT violence.

Beth Cyra

Didn't watch.

As a Trans person I'm likely not as horrified, just sad because I have gotten to the point where I don't think we get the care that others do, and even something as horrific as this many will just over look.

Plus I don't expect any justice to happen given it happened in Brazil.

Platy

All the data posted was regard LGBT as a whole, so here is just the trans deaths :

http://transrespect.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/TvT-PS-Vol14-2016.pdf

sZZhCGd.png

Note that brazil has its own color

QfxLoGt.png

We are still 4th on relative numbers wohoo

Looooooooooove my country

I checked out of the video once they decided what to do with her. Utter revulsion and close to tears for the poor poor woman who was subjected to such evil violence. What

I'm sorry but the perps need to go, and I don't mean in jail, not a single fiber of their being regrets what they have done, by doing such a henious act, they burnt any bridge to live.

Jumeira

Banned
Holy shit this ruined my day. Knowing this type of evil exist is hard to comprehend. How much blood needs to spilled when we know outright with all the info available to us, wars that have been fought, records of discrimination that this treatment is vile, inhumane and needless. Someone lost a life, for what? Utterly depressing.

Yeah this is why I'm closeted.

As far as I know the average lifespan for someone who is trans was ridiculously low. So much hatred

33 years. Combination of the high suicide rate, high murder rate, and High-HIV rate due to so many being forced to do sex work to survive.

So infuriating.

What the fuck kind of masculinity are you even establishing when you're ganging up with multiple other people on one victim?

magnetic

So infuriating.

What the fuck kind of masculinity are you even establishing when you're ganging up with multiple other people on one victim?

I will never understand the state of mind you have to be in to do something like that. Maybe it's what you doing when your macho culture is built around a fragile sense on masculinity, but I simply can't begin to understand it.

Audioboxer

I wonder why the Russian numbers are so low. Are the real numbers surpressed or are just very few out trans people.

From the document

Trans Murder Monitoring is dependent both on the visibility of trans and gender-diverse people in the specific countries – especially in the public discourse – and on the existence of strong and connected trans movements / communities in these countries. When both of these factors are in place, appropriate reporting of the murders of trans and gender-diverse people in newspapers, blogs, NGO websites, and social media is more likely. These factors also allow for more accurate local and regional monitoring. Over the years, the TMM project has relied on three different methods to collect data.

1) Internet research
2) Cooperation with partner organisations
3) Contributions from activists and researchers

The three points, 1, 2 and 3, are explained in detail in the document. Basically, stat collecting may not be easy or accessible for some countries, so what they are reporting on if taken at face value may look skewed (woah, Russia, so progressive!). Often when it comes to governmental figures, the deaths/casualties/attacks are just under the umbrella of LGBT, rather than broken down further.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
That is horrific. Cannot believe someone would do that to another human being.

For those edgy posters who love to complain about the west, we're better at a lot of things, always have been. Not killing people who are different anymore is now one of those things.

Interesting... Before I saw this I would betted on Jamaica being in the top. Yay I guess? :^/

Those numbers aren't adjusted for population. In terms of population it might be.

TalonJH

Mods can lock if they want. But as a bi guy with trans freinds, I want to call out sick stuff like this that is directed at the LGBT+.

I always felt that its important to have these kind of threads. People forget how horrible the world can be sometimes to the point where they deny it and that's dangerous.

Is this shit common in Brazil?
"Between October 2015 and September 2016 in Brazil alone 123 trans and gender-variant people were murdered.

Within the same period, 295 were murdered across the world."

That would mean about 30% of transpeople murders in the world contained just in Brazil, in that period of time. Seems like a big issue there.

I will never understand the state of mind you have to be in to do something like that. Maybe it's what you doing when your macho culture is built around a fragile sense on masculinity, but I simply can't begin to understand it.
I would imagine you need to have normalisation and acceptability of high levels of bigotry in a culture or country towards some people enough to dehumanise them, and when you combine that with a sociopathic mind, that's where you get a person who's willing to kill someone not like themselves.

Those Latin American numbers in general. :/

Drug Cartels + Civil Wars + Corruption/Dictatorship means the murder high is pretty high in a large handful of central/south american nations, but even taking that into consideration yeah they are pretty ruthless when it comes to LGBT deaths. :(

Not even criminals?

I think the guys that did this to the trans women deserve worse. Treating a person as something less that human, beating them and killing them simply because they "exist" is wrong. When you do, I believe, you forfeit your own humanity and become the epitome of "less than human" through your actions. THOSE types of fucks should be beaten like the beasts they are. I have no sympathy for people like that when they get what's coming to them.

Audioboxer

I always felt that its important to have these kind of threads. People forget how horrible the world can be sometimes to the point where they deny it and that's dangerous.

The topic relates to a genuinely serious problem in Brazil, and globally, plus it has also given chance to ask some people to watch something short, but educational, as the Gaycation episode in Brazil.

Senseless violence topics that tend to get locked on GAF are usually those that have no political or social complexities behind them. Simply random acts of violence. Of course, it can be a fine line at times, but people should just leave that up to the mods to decide if there is doubt. I seriously doubt Beefy has just posted the topic to shock, as I said there are serious political and social issues in Brazil with LGBT (of which a few posters on GAF didn't know and had to ask in here).

The juxtaposition of the casual clothing, flip flops etc that these cunts are wearing and what they are doing is remarkably eerie.

What people can do when in a mob is beyond fucked up.

Poor poor bastard, nobody deserves that.

Platy

Yeah this is why I'm closeted.

As a trans person in Brazil to a trans person in the USA : FUCK YOU

I WISH I had the conditions and safety you have. This is NOTHING compared to the USA. NOTHING.

This is not why you are closeted because you don't live anywhere NEAR this stuff. Even if you are in the worst place in the USA you are miles better and you just need to move 2 states away. If I want what you have I need to move to almost another continent, where I will not only be trans, but Latina and immigrant.

driggonny

Banned
That's terrible, I can't even bring myself to watch the video :( I didn't realize how awful it could be for transgender people in Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom