• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn sales (sell-through) Exceed 2.6 Million (2 weeks), DLC teased

DKHF

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/horizon-zero-dawn-worldwide-sales-top-2-6-million

Worldwide sales for Horizon: Zero Dawn exceeded 2.6 million units during its first two weeks of launch, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

The PlayStation 4 title was developed by Guerrilla Games and released worldwide starting February 28. It is the best-selling new first-party IP launch on PlayStation 4 to date and Guerrilla's biggest ever debut.

SDqxGOG.png

WXYuK15.png

FelipeMGM

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...global-sales-exceed-26-million-300424597.html

SAN MATEO, Calif., March 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) today announced global sales of Horizon Zero Dawn exceeded 2.6 million units during its two weeks of launch*1. The PlayStation®4 (PS4™) system exclusive, developed by Guerrilla, was released globally beginning February 28 to widespread critical acclaim. Praised for its unique world design, wide array of strategic action and fascinating story line, it instantly became one of the most celebrated games of the current generation. The impressive launch also makes Horizon Zero Dawn the best-selling new first party IP launch on the PS4 system to date and Guerrilla's biggest debut ever.

Horizon Zero Dawn is an exhilarating new action role playing game where you play as Aloy, a young hunter on a quest to discover her destiny among the remnants of the ancient past. The game is set in a lush, post-post-apocalyptic world where machines roam the land and mankind is no longer the dominant species.

"We knew Horizon Zero Dawn was going to be something special, so to see the incredible critical reaction to a brand new game world translate into this level of sales is really gratifying," said Shawn Layden, Chairman of SIE Worldwide Studios. "Guerrilla has created a game that is nothing short of exceptional, and the reaction we have seen from fans – from hours and hours of gameplay streaming to endless photo sharing – shows just how impactful it has been."

"We're thrilled that Horizon Zero Dawn has been embraced by critics and players alike. Developing the game was a labor of love, so it's extremely satisfying to see that it elicits the same passion and enthusiasm from the gaming public that we felt during its development," said Guerrilla Managing Director Hermen Hulst. "This is only the beginning of Aloy's story and our exploration of the world of Horizon Zero Dawn, with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story."

SIE is committed to the continuous expansion of the world of PS4 through the introduction of attractive software titles and network services.

*1 Includes both Blu-ray Disc™ sell-through quantities and download version sales on PlayStation®Store. Sales data in SIEJA regions collected 03/02/17 – 03/13/17, in SIEA regions 02/28/17 – 03/12/17, in SIEE regions 03/01/17 – 03/12/17.

That's good, right?
Great for GG. As a Dutch man, i'm proud.
But even if i was not from The Netherlands, i'd still be addicted to this game.

Hermen Hulst, Guerrilla Games Managing Director

”We're thrilled that Horizon Zero Dawn has been embraced by critics and players alike. Developing the game was a labor of love, so it's extremely satisfying to see that it elicits the same passion and enthusiasm from the gaming public that we felt during its development. This is only the beginning of Aloy's story and our exploration of the world of Horizon Zero Dawn, with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story."
It shows

Link.

Worldwide sales for Horizon: Zero Dawn exceeded 2.6 million units during its first two weeks of launch, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced.

The PlayStation 4 title was developed by Guerrilla Games and released worldwide starting February 28. It is the best-selling new first-party IP launch on PlayStation 4 to date and Guerrilla’s biggest ever debut.

Here’s a brief overview of the game, via Sony:

Horizon Zero Dawn is an exhilarating new action role playing game where you play as Aloy, a young hunter on a quest to discover her destiny among the remnants of the ancient past. The game is set in a lush, post-post-apocalyptic world where machines roam the land and mankind is no longer the dominant species.

Find quotes from Sony and Guerrilla below.

Shawn Layden, Chairman of SIE Worldwide Studios

“We knew Horizon Zero Dawn was going to be something special, so to see the incredible critical reaction to a brand new game world translate into this level of sales is really gratifying. Guerrilla has created a game that is nothing short of exceptional, and the reaction we have seen from fans – from hours and hours of gameplay streaming to endless photo sharing – shows just how impactful it has been.”

Hermen Hulst, Guerrilla Games Managing Director

“We’re thrilled that Horizon Zero Dawn has been embraced by critics and players alike. Developing the game was a labor of love, so it’s extremely satisfying to see that it elicits the same passion and enthusiasm from the gaming public that we felt during its development. This is only the beginning of Aloy’s story and our exploration of the world of Horizon Zero Dawn, with the team already hard at work on an expansion to the story.”

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow wow wow wow wow

Congrats GG! Seems like ya'll finally fixed your shit

jmaine_ph

Sounds like a hit to me. I predicted 1.5 million in the first week. I think this lines up with that.

Congrats Guerrilla Games!

pashmilla

Banned
with a female protagonist too

i never again want to hear that "women don't sell"

edit bc some people cannot humour: this is a good thing, because it shows developers that a female protagonist doesn't mean a game will bomb, thus dragging devs out of the cycle of self-fulfilling prophecy of "female characters don't sell --> don't market them --> shockingly, they don't sell".

leeh

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

U ok hun

Shredderi

That's good, right?
Great for GG. As a Dutch man, i'm proud.
But even if i was not from The Netherlands, i'd still be addicted to this game.

From a developer that hasn't had a good hit in a long time, in a game starring a woman, in a gameworld starring mostly non-white people, in 2 weeks, hell yeah that is good.

vivekTO

I updated the title a bit to reflect that it's sell-through (sold to consumers), not sell-in (shipments to stores/digital sales).

Sell-through numbers are usually a fair bit lower than launch shipment numbers, so yes.

That is even much better, its really exceeded the Expectation(atleast for me)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
For comparison, Uncharted 4 sold through 2.7 million (100K more) copies in 1 week (half the time period), so this should be Sony's second strongest debut this generation thus far.

Meh. Call me when it has a 90% attach rate.

I kid. I kid.

I am glad this game is doing great. By the end of the Holidays it should be pretty close to 8-9 million copies sold. Can you imagine how part 2 or 3 will look when it is being done from the ground up for PS4 Pro or PS5? The graphics will look otherworldly.

Ofc in just two weeks. They are sell-through figures so they prolly shipped 3.5 mil or something.

I updated the title a bit to reflect that it's sell-through (sold to consumers), not sell-in (shipments to stores/digital sales).

Sell-through numbers are usually a fair bit lower than launch shipment numbers, so yes.

Yes. Not that it matters, because I imagine Horizon 2 is already in production. Well deserved.

Err, yeah. I think :p

It was projected to sell 6mil in its first fiscal year on sale so for almost halff of that in 2 weeks...great reviews and strong word of mouth will help it along the way. Also good for a new IP with a female MC to sell really well.

Yea, that's pretty damn good. Well deserved, best game I've played so far this year.

From a developer that hasn't had a good hit in a long time, in a game starring a woman, in a gameworld starring mostly non-white people, in 2 weeks, hell yeah that is good.

Okay, okay, haha. Yeah that's great.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

wtf is this?

Great sales numbers.

Top Bottom