• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn sales (sell-through) Exceed 2.6 Million (2 weeks), DLC teased

jmaine_ph

For comparison, Uncharted 4 sold through 2.7 million (100K more) copies in 1 week (half the time period), so this should be Sony's second strongest debut this generation thus far.

Yea if this is the best new ip which only Bloodborne comes to mind when thinking about what competes

Megatron

Yes. Not that it matters, because I imagine Horizon 2 is already in production. Well deserved.

Dont be silly. Of course it mattere. Games get cancelled in pre productiin all the time.great news, and I am one of those sales with my collector's edition. Looking forward to finally playing it after Zelda is done with me.

Deserved. Amazing female protagonist and perhaps the most diverse and inclusive game ever. Awesome gameplay. Unprecedented visuals. Great voice acting. Amazing story. A gem of a game in every way.

Wow, incredible sales but absolutely deserved! I guess 8 million lifetime units like was predicted a few weeks ago isn't looking too unlikely now after all. I wonder how this stacks up against all Sony launches. It's got to be pretty high up the list; especially for new IPs.

I think this was actually a good question to ask. It's not as large a number as you normally get announced.

Normally you get a shipped fake number, you mean? Or just an estimated number based on hope?
Edit: Oh you answered this exactly.
Yes, these are actual sold copies to consumers then.

One of my favorite games of all time and best game I've played this generation. This is good news because we will be getting a sequel. If they expand on some ideas this will be truly phenomenal.

DukeBobby

Great news.

I can't believe Guerrilla Games went from developing my least favourite game of the generation (Killzone: Shadow Fall) to one of my favourites. What a turnaround!

i-Lo

Perhaps more game companies can now have the courage to publish games with female leads.

Also, while the number sounds good, any guesses as to how much it would require to sell to break even?

Dinda

Yay! And actually sell through, that's fantastic!

Absolutely deserved, what a fantastic game. Just finished it after 85 hours on very hard. And i want moar!

Well deserved success, just platinum'd the game last night after a marathon 8 hour gaming session (haven't done that in a long, long time) and its my GOTY.

Its jarring going from this beautiful game to the Mass Effect 4 trial :(

Yea if this is the best new ip which only Bloodborne comes to mind when thinking about what competes

Bloodborne had done over 2 million sales 9-ish months after launch, according to an announcement they made at either The Game Awards or PSX 2015. With ongoing sales and the GotY version releasing I expect its lifetime is probably 2.5 - 3 million sold-through.

Well deserved, best game of 2017 so far and by far the best looking game this gen.

And it wasn't before? Killzone 1 did it for me, although they were trending downward for a while, but that was probably Sony forcing them to continue making Killzone games. Now they are free from it. Horizon is a labor of love, and it really shows.

Horizon's release date was announced before Zelda's release date was announced.

Even James Cameron moved his Avatar release date once he saw Disney move Star Wars for the same date. It did get overshadowed somewhat, but Horizon deserves attention. I'm enjoying both. And THEY ARE BOTH DIFFERENT!!! Wish more people realized that.

danowat

Banned
That's some decent numbers.

It's a great game, bit of a slow burner (for me at least), but I eventually got into it!

Top Bottom