• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn sales (sell-through) Exceed 2.6 Million (2 weeks), DLC teased

I'm learning so much about the world and the events that led to this current world in this first game. I haven't finished the game yet so I don't know the whole picture but I don't think I've ever been so enveloped into a video game story like I have with this game. I don't even read the books in TES games but I'm reading the individual notes I find in this one.

I'm just trying to imagine what they could possibly do in a sequel story to really grab me if most of the mysteries are revealed in this one. Like I said, I haven't finished the story yet so maybe I'm off, but that's my fear in a sequel. That there are no more compelling stories to tell. At least not on the level of what we have here.

That being said, I absolutely love the combat. If there were a few balance changes and maybe a dark souls style target-lock-on mechanism for the camera, I think a sequel could rival those combat systems from the soulsbourne series. So even if the story isn't on par in a sequel, the combat certainly could be.

A lock-on system would certainly make fighting against the humans more palatable too. I can't stand it unless I'm sneaking around machine-gunning fully buffed fire arrows at everyone from long distances.
There's so much to tell after this game for a sequel and even DLC wise. I'll leave it at that.

KingK

Well deserved. I'm level 33 and have barely touched the main quests since I got to Meridian. Loving the game.

I think this game is going to have pretty long sales legs through fantastic word of mouth too. I've had two friends who didn't know much about it go out and buy the game yesterday, after I let them play it while I was at work lol. The visuals and combat have been blowing the minds of everyone I show it to. And the controls/feel of the game is nearly perfect too.

This is probably my favorite game this gen so far, aside from Witcher 3.

Garlador

Playing the opening of Horizon, a thought crossed my mind, clear as daylight:

"I'm watching the birth of gaming's next great heroine."

So happy for GG. And I'm adoring every minute of Horizon thus far.

Top Bottom