• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Fool Around!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelatedBookake

So the other day, I (a 20 year-old guy) was studying with this girl in my Econ class. We'd been sitting next to each other all semester and I've come on to her a few times during the semester and she'd mostly play it off in jest. I was a little serious, but didn't expect anything to come out of this.

Well, the other day, we texted each other about meeting up after class to study in the library. We study, she has a good time, she finds me pretty funny so there were a lot of laughs going around. It was at this point I had planned to ask her if she wanted to "fool around" in her car before she left for class.

Fooling around was me thinking we could make out or me finger her or whatever, but I digress...

So, afterwards we walk to her car and ask she begins to put her stuff in the vehicle I say something along the lines of "Hey if it's cool with you, do you wanna 'fool around' before heading off to class?" She asked what does "fool around" mean. I said "nothing crazy" Then she laughs and says "I have to get to class" and then I say "How about for three minutes?" she says no again and I accept the rejection and say goodbye and start to leave.

It was a little awkward, but I feel like I went about that very poorly. After battling depression and hitting the gym for six months, this was my first real shot at getting involved with girls again. It's kind of embarrassing, but I've never kissed or girl or sex or anything due to my low self-esteem and confidence issues in the past. But now that I over came those issues, I feel as if my first try this year was me being oblivious and dumb.

I'm open to take advice on how to improve myself in this department.

UPDATE: I have an update. I texted her this morning an apology saying I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable and I feel like a creep for what I did. She replied "lol not at all"

She sat next to me at the extra credit thing and we are talking like it didn't even happen.

Soooooo yeah

UPDATE 2: Extra credit thing ended. We parted ways afterwards. I did notice when I said I wasn't taking her path to the library she got sad. Also looked at me every time something funny happened/ I laughed during the movie we had to watch. That's it. In my science class. That's prolly the last update until Monday.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
#1. Don't ask another person if they want to "fool around" unless you are already dating, basically.

painey

If you wanted to do something you should have asked her out rather than finger fuck her in a car for 3 minutes from the get-go

Smooth lol.

Don't take it too hard though. Doesn't sound like you blew it like that dude who admitted to stalking his coworker. You'll be okay

Next time just ask her out first OP. Also...

v0bfc.png

So uh have you talked to her since?

Also you went straight to "fool around"? You gotta be more subtle than that. Ask if you want to "hang out" in her car.

Tenck

"Nothing crazy."

Honestly cringed when I read that. Should have told her what you meant lol.

To me fooling around is getting a little more personal than kissing.

Greddleok

Next time ask her "hey do you want to make out a little and let me finger you on your car?"

Might be slightly less cringey.

PixelatedBookake

If you wanted to do something you should have asked her out rather than finger fuck her in a car for 3 minutes from the get-go

Okay you might have a point, but I didn't think she was a good match for me dating wise she cute and whatnot but we don't have much in common. Maybe this is due to my inexperience, but the dates I have gone on in the past went nowhere and I was out $20 bucks. And that was with girls I thought I had chemistry with.

akira28

not the best opener, but you're not down and out yet OP. just next time, don't try to fuck your friend 3 minutes before she has class, in the school parking lot.

no one is that good.

but you should probably figure out a way to go on an actual date or make your intentions known that you would like to get intimate.

213372bu

Banned
You asked a girl if she wanted to "fool around" in her car, followed her to her car as she brushed you off, and then asked again if she wanted to "fool around" in her car for a couple minutes as she tells you she has to go?

Is this a cringe copypasta?

PixelatedBookake

So uh have you talked to her since?

Also you went straight to "fool around"? You gotta be more subtle than that. Ask if you want to "hang out" in her car.

I haven't talked to her since, but there's an extra credit thing for our class tomorrow and she said she was gonna be there. Hopefully it's not gonna be awkward, but who knows.

Teggy

Ok, granted it's been a while since I've been in college, but is this what things are like now? Quickie hookups between classes? I guess I missed out on the second sexual revolution where girls are just down for anything whenever.

The first time she played off you "jokingly coming onto her", you should have stopped.

I mean if you have any time/space continuum manipulation you should go back and stop before that, but... yeah.

Tenck

You asked a girl if she wanted to "fool around" in her car, followed her to her car as she brushed you off, and then asked again if she wanted to "fool around" in her car for a couple minutes as she tells you she has to go?

He asked twice when they were at her car.

PixelatedBookake

No I didn't ask her to fool around until we got to her car. She rejected me and then I left. This isn't a copypasta.

Piichan

Banned
I haven't talked to her since, but there's an extra credit thing for our class tomorrow and she said she was gonna be there. Hopefully it's not gonna be awkward, but who knows.
Look up her address online, and then ask to fool around in the comfort of her own home. Girls like a guy that prepares like that.

besada

Banned
You just need to be clearer. Next time, make sure you say "Hey, can I fingerblast you for three minutes?"

Women like confidence.

v1lla21

"Nothing crazy" and Op wants to get to second base already. Lmao. Fool around is something I expect a future creep to say.

Makonero

Ah the wafting scent of a late night GAF thread backfire

Anybody got any marshmallows?

(Btw dude most women want to start with kissing or dinner, you can't skip to the end)

I've been reliving that moment since and I can't stop thinking about it. At least the final is on Monday, so that drastically lowers my chances of seeing her again if its still awkward and everything.

It's okay, you'll think back on this in 10 years and laugh about it. It's normal to be awkward around that age. Just learn from it for next time -- take it slower, unless you're at a party I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom