• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Ghost Story (Casey Affleck under a bed sheet and Rooney Mara)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C77-WpwX0AAgD8k.jpg:large

A24 has another horror movie coming out this summer.

Trailer drops tomorrow, and there are some positive reviews for this.

Synopsis:
A ghost (Casey Affleck) silently observes his grieving widow (Rooney Mara) in his beloved home.

Nepenthe

A man haunting his wife after he dies? That's... insanely sad to me. Poor baby.

Unless the wife killed him. In which case fuck her life up Ghostie.

Some of the reviews I've read (and impressions on Gaf) make this sound like an amazing movie. (plus Casey da gawd)

but something a lot of people will hate and find pretentious too.

This is a horror film? The premise sounds like a drama

Yeah i was gonna say, the initial reviews and impressions from screenings made very much sound like a drama, the usage of describing it as a horror is probably not accurate.

Either way this was on my must-see list, sounds like an interesting film, and also more importantly; Bedsheet ghosts! I have a affinity for those type of spooky spooks, I can't explain why, they're just great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like the title should be "Rooney Mara; Casey Affleck under a bedsheet" as opposed to the way it is, which makes it sound like Casey is under both the sheet and Rooney Mara.

B33

Banned
Making ‘A Ghost Story': How David Lowery Exorcised His Demons To Make The Best Film Of Sundance 2017

The germ of the film came from David Lowery and his spouse, Augustine Frizzell, arguing about leaving their home in Texas to move to Los Angeles.

David Lowery shot the film during the summer of 2016, between post-production wrap on Peter's Dragon and pre-production start on Old Man and the Gun.

The film was entirely financed by David Lowery and a couple other filmmakers. Mara and Affleck weren't sure it was going to be a feature. Lowery considered it an experiment and didn't tell anyone outside of the cast and crew about it.

It's a story about time and inspired by writers such as Virginia Woolf, as well Lowery's own rumination about the concept.

Lowery likens the relationship he has with his work with the core of A Ghost Story in that films aren't finished but abandoned. There will always be things that could be improved upon but with time comes peace with those things.

That's actually Casey Affleck in the ghost costume. They didn't use a double.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom