• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost in life? Here are some people who didn't become successful until they were old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korey

GuZPA2d.png

Cool like maybe two people who read this thread will be lucky enough to be on a graph like this 10 years down the line.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Early 30s and younger, which is 10/12 of this list, is not remotely old.

Sesha

"Look at this incredibly exceptional individual that quite possibly had a great deal of luck in becoming successful. Are you motivated yet?"

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
"Old"?

But yeah, just because you hit 30 without having any idea what you want to do with your life that doesn't mean you're doomed forever. I worked in a bank call center until I was 34, now I'm in school for electrical engineering. A few years ago I never thought I would have turned my life around like this.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't stop believing. Hold on to the feeling.

Jon Hamm and Stan Lee are some decent ones (first role, Spider-Man). Think they were around or over 40.

Lol at Mark Cuban though. Man had his own bar at 25.

watdaeff4

I'm 42 and happy with where I'm at in life.

Was a "hot-shot" to a degree in my profession and realized I was completely missing out on my kids, damaging my marriage, missing out on life (and stressed)

Changed things up. Work less, (and yes make less money but still comfortable), but my marriage is 4x better now, am a real father now and enjoy life and my job a hell of a lot more now

It's all about what you want out of life

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
25-33 is old?

This had the exact OPPOSITE effect of making me feel better, op.

"Old"?

But yeah, just because you hit 30 without having any idea what you want to do with your life that doesn't mean you're doomed forever. I worked in a bank call center until I was 34, now I'm in school for electrical engineering. A few years ago I never thought I would have turned my life around like this.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't stop believing. Hold on to the feeling.

I'm going to preface this with I'm not judging, but really curious about your situation.

You're not afraid that you won't have job prospects once you're done with school? An employer probably isn't going to want to hire a 35 year old engineer fresh out of college. At least based on what I've heard.

riotous

Banned
Glossing over owning a bar at 25 as not being successful 🤔🤔

Honestly kind of meaningless really; means he had at least a small amount of money to start a business and pay for a lease. it doesn't take that much money to start a business and the majority of people end up broke after.

AlexBasch

I'm turning 29 this year and I'm still a failure as a human being. So yeah, 30 will be the coronation of a wasted life.

Sure, it's fine and cool to hear about "well I was a janitor at 39 and became a top banker at 48" and whatever, and I'm glad for you, but it does nothing to erase that "your life is meaningless" dread feeling that it's always in my mind.

So yeah, at least for me and in my case, 30 is "I'm so fucking old".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom