• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Shipments and Digital Sales Exceed One Million

FelipeMGM

PR:

SQUARE ENIX® announced that the worldwide shipment and digital sales of the critically acclaimed action-RPG, NieR: Automata™ have exceeded one million.

Upon its release for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PC last month, the game received critical acclaim across the world for its fantastic blend of action-packed high-speed 60 fps battles, and deep, captivating storyline from Director YOKO TARO (NIER®, Drakengard® series).

Developed in collaboration with PlatinumGames Inc., NieR: Automata delivers the perfect mix of action and RPG gameplay. Players will battle as androids 2B, 9S and A2 as they fight to reclaim the world for their human creators and uncover truths long forgotten.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I did my part and it was well worth it. Really loving the game and I'm only early on in my second play through. Congrats Yoko Taro, Platinum and Square Enix for taking the risk and creating something truly special!

Zedark

Damn, first Nioh and now Nier, great numbers for these games! Let's hope more successes are coming for Japanese games.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Good news. I was actually just thinking if it had hit a million last night.

Fantastic after the million sales of Nioh, although in Nier Automata's case we have to thank the PC (220,605 owners right now according to SteamSpy) and Japan (almost 200K).

As they say, "Become as Gods!" It really feels fantastic to see the charisma of creative designer Yoko Taro finally getting well deserved reception as a notable auteur in the gaming world. Hopefully the success of this title will translate into another big project underneath Square-Enix whether it's another follow-up to "Drakengard/Nier" or something new entirely!

kewlmyc

I'm happy. Yoko Taro deserves to finally have a success on his hands.

Let's hope he'll continue to depress us with his storytelling for years to come.

We live in the best timeline.

We're definitely gonna see NieR brought to PS4 now.

Hope they fix the gameplay and/or give us both Nier Replicant and Nier Gestalt in the same release.

Definitely well deserved. Probably my favorite game of the year so far, and that's saying a lot, considering how stacked the last few months have been.

mrmickfran

A sequel to a extremely niche game, developed by Platinum no less, sells a million in less than a month.

What a time to be alive.

jacobeid

Banned
YES. So happy to see it get a million sales so soon. Well deserved; the game is far exceeding my high expectations and will likely end up high at the top of my GOTY list.

tumblr_o15ktbqo2g1spb0xzo2_500.gif

Great to hear. Nier Automata is amazing game and i want more.

Yoko Taro is the best. GOTY contender for me.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
Pretty good, a little slower than Nioh

Top Bottom