• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Shipments and Digital Sales Exceed One Million

Shahed

Well deserved and hopefully more. My favourite game of the generation so far, beating the likes of Zelda, Bloodborne and Witcher

D-Man

Great to hear! I beat the game during the weekend and it's easily one of my favorite games of the year. Well deserved.

sirronoh

Well deserved! Very happy to see the developers rewarded for their hard work and for being bold.

Also hope that we can now stop referring to this and Nioh as niche games. Hitting 1 million sales in under a month (each) shows there's a sizeable audience still for high quality, unique single player experiences.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Amazing news

I was expecting this one to be a very small seller given the crowded release schedule and the niche appeal of Taro's work but this is a wonderful outcome.

S-E must be pleased. The game was probably pretty low budget so this is a great return.

Yogg

Great news, and absolutely deserved. I'm playing through route B and it's my top GOTY contender so far.

mieumieu

It is a great game but the framerate tanks a lot in some vast open spaces
near the hole on the ground
. Apparently it is very much fixable so awaiting for that.

You play as A2 later? That's cool. I just got to the part where you meet her.

Kudos to Yoko Taro (and his team) and Platinum. I bought it sort of on a whim and I am really really liking it. The characters and especially the music really stick with you.

Really good stuff.

I still can't believe they made a sequel to NieR.

And then had good Platinum make it.

This logically should have just been some cheap tossed off low quality budget thing set in the universe of NieR SE put some young people on to kill time. Like something on the level of I am Setsuna

Fangdangle

Neo Member
I'l add another sale once I've finished Persona5/Yakuza0/Horizon. Great year for Japanese developers and PS4 gamers!

bebop242

Just finished this a few days ago and while the game didn't blow me away like I had hoped, I'm still thrilled to see it sell well. This world needs more games that dare to exist.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
800k PS4 copies shiped also demonstrate that the other countries love Japanese games more than UK...

Clov

Great news! Hopefully Yoko Taro is able to get some more work. I'd love for some more entries in the Nier/Drakengard universe.

Imagine if in 2011 someone told you the sequel to Nier would be critically acclaimed with a 90 on metacritic, and sell over a million copies.

black070

You play as A2 later? That's cool. I just got to the part where you meet her.

Kudos to Yoko Taro (and his team) and Platinum. I bought it sort of on a whim and I am really really liking it. The characters and especially the music really stick with you.

Really good stuff.

Yeah, I thought that was a bit strange to include.

maskrider

Great news ! And congratulations to the team.

I suppose we will be getting more content with N:A, and hopefully, a remastered NieR and Drakengard 3, too.

A Yoko Taro game...

A Platinum game...

Simply incredible...

Totally deserved with one of the absolute best games of the generation but so unexpected...

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah, I thought that was a bit strange to include.

Nah, we've known we could play as A2 for a long time lol, though at times they did weirdly try to play coy about it

Imagine if in 2011 someone told you the sequel to Nier would be critically acclaimed with a 90 on metacritic, and sell over a million copies.

89 actually

UQvtzHE.jpg

Top Bottom