• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Palmer Luckey backs Trump with shell companies using Chrono Trigger names

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
This guy must really think of himself as some sort of sly neoGamerGate super villain

http://kotaku.com/palmer-luckey-backs-trump-with-shell-companies-using-ch-1794473598

maxresdefault.jpg

Chumley

Banned
Known piece of shit continues to be piece of shit.

Didn't he claim he was libertarian voting for Gary Johnson or some nonsense in his stumbling attempt at damage control?

Yes definitely a random person, great observation

He did, but everyone saw through it almost immediately.

Gator86

Known piece of shit continues to be piece of shit.

Yeah, it's basically this. He's a rich, unemployed asshole now. Expect near unlimited stories of him throwing his money at shitty causes. Has anyone started a GoFundMe for Bill O'Reilly yet?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
It sure must feel great to wank off 100k for no fucking reason but "the lulz".

I also didn't realise US Presidents could just take huge sums of money for parties and shit straight up because what the fuck even are you America?

I wonder if this had anything to do with his removal at Oculus. I can't imagine Facebook wanted him to keep his Trump ties after the news broke last year, but yet here he was, funding Trump's inauguration party.

Not only him but Peter Thiel too. The guy who ruined Kotaku's former parent company. At least that's what they're saying. Don't know why that needed to be added.

EDIT: Dang it beaten by Cassidy!
He's not in gaming any more. He's out. It's over. Time to move on.
So then why are you here? Shouldn't you lead by example?

Neiteio

I'm still bummed by the alt-right hijacking a cute cartoon character like Pepe the Frog and turning him into a symbol of hate. Do they need to take over classic SNES RPGs now, as well?

I hope he loses all of fortune and goes back to living in his mom's basement. He the example of how wealth corrupts an individual, and quite frankly I don't think he should be discussed on the gaming side anymore since he was thankfully booted out of Oculus Rift.

Solo Act

What does he have to do with the gaming industry as of today? What's Nolan Bushnell doing politically at the moment?

Ferrio

Banned
All these people thinking it's not thread worthy cause he's not at Occulus anymore. Where you guys at when threads pop up about developers long since outta the buisness?

Tagyhag

I wonder if this had anything to do with his removal at Oculus. I can't imagine Facebook wanted him to keep his Trump ties after the news broke last year, but yet here he was, funding Trump's inauguration party.

Facebook doesn't give a shit unless he's actually caught. They probably just parted ways after his initial contract was over.

Neiteio

feels bad man
Haha :-D

But seriously... It bums me out. Best as I could tell, Pepe was once just a frog who liked to pee standing up with his pants down. How did he become so misappropriated that he's now a classified as a symbol of hate by the Anti-Defamation League?

As someone who wants people to treat each other with kindness — and who also enjoys stupid comedy — I want to reclaim Pepe from the meanies.

Is it weird that so many journalists are basically stalking Luckey as much as possible? Not saying the donations are OK (don't really care either way) but it's just weird. Dude isn't even involved with Oculus anymore.

JordanN

Banned
As reported by Mother Jones, Luckey—who last year tried to deny he was a Trump supporter—has since donated $100,000 to Trump's inauguration committee, basically the fund that was used to help the President celebrate his election victory.

First Linda McMahon, now Palmer Lucky continue donating money to the man who already has billions of dollars.

Why is Trump ok with these handouts? Doesn't he believe in bootstraps? Yet rich people wanna donate all their money to another rich guy.

Facebook doesn't give a shit unless he's actually caught. They probably just parted ways after his initial contract was over.

Probably not, I agree. But he was caught, Facebook didn't do anything, then he couldn't stop himself from getting involved more, and now he no longer works at Oculus. It's not unreasonable to suspect that Facebook found out about his continued Trump support and decided to end his contract based on that rather than face more public backlash.

Boke1879

Is it weird that so many journalists are basically stalking Luckey as much as possible? Not saying the donations are OK (don't really care either way) but it's just weird. Dude isn't even involved with Oculus anymore.

I don't think it matters. Kotaku was citing another article. Dude DID have an impression in gaming and the content of the article includes names from a game.

L Thammy

I can't imagine why journalists would be interested in a rich dude who is famous for being involved in setting off the VR trend, especially when he's also a racist who uses his money to fund a hate-based agenda.

stuminus3

I saw yosp retweet Palmer today and I just cringed. Does he not know what a piece of shit Palmer is?
There's always a very real possibility the people you think are cuddly teddy bears are in fact not. Cult of personality is a dangerous thing. A lot of us can't seperate the man from the marketing, and that's why we end up with things like Gamergate and Palmer Luckey.

Not saying Yosp is a bad guy, I hope he isn't.

Fat4all

Banned

reporting on him is stalking him?

Top Bottom