• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Verge: Xbox E3 teasers contain hidden Project Scorpio messages (and sick PS4 burns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/7/15754260/microsoft-xbox-e3-project-scorpio-teaser-trailers

Microsoft has started posting E3 teaser videos for its Project Scorpio unveiling on Sunday. While the minute-long teasers look innocent, some of them include hidden messages. Twitter users have discovered that one particular teaser includes a “6>4” hidden next to a Ferris wheel. The 6 is greater than 4 message is clearly a references to the 6 teraflops of power in the Xbox Project Scorpio console compared to Sony’s PlayStation 4 Pro with around 4 teraflops of power.

Let's get this console war GOIN'! Wooooo!

In another teaser posted yesterday, there’s a message displayed on a stage with a crowd of people. Microsoft typically uses this type of date format for its Windows and Xbox software builds, so if you separate out the X10S to refer to the console, then the remaining 101317 could mean October 13th. Windows Central points out this is a Friday, a typical console release day. The X10S could mean anything, but it does come just a few days after Microsoft filed a trademark for a mysterious S logo that’s related to gaming.

A little more at the link.

Theorry

And as people already pointed out. If you put in google it links to this.
DBul-LTWsAApwHp.jpg:large

cilonen

This 'S' trademark and 'X10S' is intriguing. Really interested to see how they name this with the X1S already out there.

Where's everyone getting this price thing

In any case well yes it's 399 max as predicted by everyone with a functioning brain

AmuroChan

Day 1 for me if it's $399. That will also force Sony's hand to lower the Pro to at least $349 I would think.

Kevin

For me it's all about the games. So far I feel like Sony has the games and Microsoft does not. Hopefully Microsoft will bring their A game to E3 this year with some fantastic reveals. Microsoft really needs a much stronger first party lineup.

Called it! $399! I wouldn't even be surprised if they went $349 to kill off the Pro completely.

I can't believe anyone really thought this would ever go above that price. MS isn't stupid.

Jeff from Giantbomb had the theory that XBOX division went to the higher ups and basically said "look guys, if we want to be competitive with Sony we're going to have to sell this thing at $399 and lose money to gain mindshare."

If that's true, then wow. MS is not playing around when it comes to gaining that good will back. Now I just hope they're not banking on Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3 to be their only flagship titles. They need a steady production of 1st party games if Scorpio is going to succeed in NA and globally.

dugdug

Banned
If they want to compare numbers, they should compare the numbers of exclusive games in 2017 ayyyyyyyyyyy

But, yo, if $399, you got my sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom