• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Verge: Xbox E3 teasers contain hidden Project Scorpio messages (and sick PS4 burns)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelipeMGM

And as people already pointed out. If you put in google it links to this.
DBul-LTWsAApwHp.jpg:large

hot damn, thats huge info to put on a tease

Let's go MS, kick some sony ps4 pro ass...LMAO, I mean you came out at the same time and got the brakes beat off you, so you come to the party a year later hoping Power is the answer.

How can you burn a company that beat the brakes off you when you squared up one on one?

kevin1025

Banned
I was way out due to price (here in Canada, it would have been $600 or even $649 if $499 US). If it hits at $399 and is $499 in Canada, then that's Pro territory and makes me very, very interested.

Xbox 10 S would be neat!

$399 would be a great price for the hardware. I don't think Sony would be too bothered if they have enough room to offer price cuts on their systems.

Honestly still shocked people thought it would be over $400. It's a stronger console but coming out a year later...

And MS isn't stupid.

Cels

so they did some SEO/googlebombing for X10S101-317 and now the intended image result is gone cause it only links to the articles about the teaser...?

oti

Banned
Called it! $399! I wouldn't even be surprised if they went $349 to kill off the Pro completely.

I can't believe anyone really thought this would ever go above that price. MS isn't stupid.

I'd doubt that. The Pro is doing fine for what it is. A better version for enthusiasts.

Jeff from Giantbomb had the theory that XBOX division went to the higher ups and basically said "look guys, if we want to be competitive with Sony we're going to have to sell this thing at $399 and lose money to gain mindshare."

If that's true, then wow. MS is not playing around when it comes to gaining that good will back. Now I just hope they're not banking on Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3 to be their only flagship titles. They need a steady production of 1st party games if Scorpio is going to succeed in NA and globally.

I hope that's true, at the same time though I wonder how the break-even point has changed. They have to sell a lot of them then, if true.

ianpm31

The scorpio can help be competitive in NA/UK but really that's it. People need to realize price point is what matters and the xbox has a BRAND problem world wide.

ShdwDrake

Banned
It has to be 399$ now or the salt will be real. TBH I'm not that interested in an Xbone but 399$ would be a super tempting price to play Blue Dragon in 4k XD.

I dont know why people think 399 is a hard target to hit.

PS4 Pro hit 399 and was a money maker day 1. Scorpio seems like its PS4 Pro with a 2017 GPU and upclocked version of basically the same CPU and better cooling but Xboxs have had great cooling since the 360 slim.

Maybe MS takes a hit on each unit early on, maybe if they are using a SSD or hybrid drive. But unless the known specs are a ruse and they announce a dramatic spec boost at e3 I think 399 is totally a realistic target.

They won't, they'll cut PS4 Pro to $299-$349 and drop PS4 to $249.

Unless their games aren't that compelling.
Still, this does give Microsoft the edge of a significant power boost for just an extra $50. And as people do start to upgrade to 4K & VR, they'll have the most capable box on the market. That ain't nothing.

Lineup for the Fall is going to be important, though. Crackdown could look great, but it isn't a name that really sells consoles. Same with Sea of Thieves and State of Decay. Plus with Sony making a huge landgrab on co-marketing, MS may struggle to communicate exactly why their box is worth the money.

I could also see them slashing the S to $199 for the holidays, hitting Sony on both ends.

I don't get how we are even having "console war" talks anymore... didn't Microsoft check out of it when they decided there will never be exclusives on Xbox one anymore? At this point it's just a decent computer box option if you want to save money.

6 > 4 if you can actually utilize it and make exclusives solely for that power... at this point multiplatform games will all just look slightly better on scorpio, with a possibly better framerate.

The pro was never meant to be a new console, it was meant to be able to run the 4k converter for people with 4k tv's.

Zedox

6>4 is a sick burn? Uhm ok.

Also i wish they would put this much effort in their first party lineup.

So...putting the characters "6>4" is the amount of effort you want them to put in the 1st party lineup...so you don't want them to do much...OH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE...

Jeff from Giantbomb had the theory that XBOX division went to the higher ups and basically said "look guys, if we want to be competitive with Sony we're going to have to sell this thing at $399 and lose money to gain mindshare."

If that's true, then wow. MS is not playing around when it comes to gaining that good will back. Now I just hope they're not banking on Sea of Thieves and Crackdown 3 to be their only flagship titles. They need a steady production of 1st party games if Scorpio is going to succeed in NA and globally.

That's how it went for the original Xbox too

$400 is the right price, but I need to see some exlclusives at E3 to guarantee a purchase. Also I hope it isn't called the X10S that is just....bleh.

I dont know why people think 399 is a hard target to hit.

PS4 Pro hit 399 and was a money maker day 1. Scorpio seems like its PS4 Pro with a 2017 GPU and upclocked version of basically the same CPU and better cooling but Xboxs have had great cooling since the 360 slim.

Maybe MS takes a hit on each unit early on, maybe.

MS PR worked wonders.

Lothars

The scorpio can help be competitive in NA/UK but really that's it. People need to realize price point is what matters and the xbox has a BRAND problem world wide.
Yup and I think they need to hit 399 for it to be competative at all but I still doubt it will be.

Fliesen

You put what in Google?

X10S101-317

but i feel that's a false positive. It's a scribd upload from 2013(!).

you also get this

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/yy1Nmsj.png[/IMG]
Scorpio has heart rate monitor confirmed?

it looks more like X105101-317 anyways, which doesn't result in said picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom