• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Splatoon 2 bundle coming to US, Walmart exclusive

ggx2ac

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ntendo-Switch-Splatoon-2-Edition-Bundle-Heads

Splat1.jpg

Comes with:
- Nintendo Switch console
- Splatoon 2 (Digital download code)
- Splatoon themed carrying case
- Neon Pink and Neon Green Joy-Cons

Releasing September 8th, costs $379.99. Exclusive to Walmart.

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Walmart will be the exclusive retail partner for a new Nintendo Switch bundle that includes a download code for the Splatoon 2 game, a fresh carrying case and colorful new Joy-Con controllers in Neon Pink and Neon Green. The bundle will be available starting Sept. 8 at a suggested retail price of $379.99 and offers fans in North America their first chance to get their hands on that Joy-Con color combination.

“Consumers in Japan and Europe have already had a strong response to Splatoon 2 bundles in their territories,” said Doug Bowser, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “This exclusive Walmart bundle gives people who have been waiting to buy a Nintendo Switch a great value and incentive to get splatting.”

Edit:

doop_

Banned
Why the hell do the Americans and Japanese get the splatoon joy-cons while Europe gets red and blue.

Mupod

Huh, might actually go for this. The walmart near me has switches in stock regularly so maybe I could get one.

Zedark

Maybe they couldn't manufacture enough for all three continents at the same time.
Could be. The fact that they are now apparently able to, while Japan will likely continue to get those bundles for a long time still, might suggest that they have more units available in total. Hope that's the case.

zelas

From retailer exclusive dlc to retailer exclusive hardware. They really are in the same boat with the likes of Ubisoft and WB when it comes to shady practices.

Lkr

Not bad but holding out for a Mario Odyssey bundle or BF bundle. Still, this makes me hopeful for future bundles.
You think they're going to have a deal on something that's always out of stock on Black Friday? wellgoodluck.jpg

Are they gonna release these joycon colors separately? I'm still upset everyone is sold out of the Splatoon themed pro controller

ggx2ac

Oh, this would actually be the first Switch bundle ever. I remember when we thought Mario Kart 8 Deluxe would be the one to have a bundle.

Hoping now that the pink and green joycons will be available to purchase separately here in the NA once this bundle arrives.

Kyzer

Banned
Its year 1, bundle discounts wont happen until xmas season at the earliest. The Switch is actually selling well

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Im of the opinion a bundle should save you some amount of money.

...dont buy it then ? And you are saving money compared to whatever shitty Gamestop bundle or ebay offer would be the alternative.

Edit:
Damn Lkr...lol

offers fans in North America their first chance to get their hands on that Joy-Con color combination

Fuck. Looks like the Joycons won't release on that day outside of the bundle then. I'll keep watching Amazon Japan.

Edit: This does seem to imply that those Joy-Cons will be released separately at some point, just not on that date.

Top Bottom