• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Republican compares American Tax Code to Zelda; Nintendo founded in 1985

BY2K

Membero Americo
https://www.gop.gov/legend-zelda-am...utm_source=Twitter&utm_content=ZeldaTaxReform

The Legend of Zelda series is Nintendo's best-selling video game franchise enjoyed by more than two generations of gamers. The action-adventure game was released in 1986, only one year after Nintendo's founding in 1985.

And you know what else was released in 1986? Yeah, you do. The last major reform to the American tax code was signed into law in 1986.

It's been 31 years, and our current code is far beyond repair.

House Republicans have been working for years on bold ideas to overhaul our nation's broken tax code. Now, with the Trump administration, the House, and the Senate working together, we're on track to take up tax reform in the fall.

You stupid motherfuckers.

PMS341

Seeing the word "Zelda" on gop.gov makes me want to jump into one of those giant horse grinders.

For real though, this is shit.

The fuck was the point of that reference lol

How do you do, fellow kids.

churchbarf1.jpg

georly

Wait, the only comparison they could draw is they were both released in 1986?

If that isn't a blatant way to get gaming twitter to retweet for them, then I don't know what is. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. Don't retweet this, don't give them the time of day. Come on.

Oppo

omg

besides being nonsensical did they confuse 1985 with 1885?

i haven't looked at the exact date but i bet

ChrisD

I want this to annoy me but I'm too baffled and confused for it to do so

yeah please don't retweet this
yeesh

Everyone knows the story of Johnny Nintendo and Margaret Sega's great 1984 tax evasion scam which led to the founding of both rival companies a year later.

BiggNife

The Hyrule in Breath of the Wild is very similar to current day US because everyone is trying to live normal lives while trying their best to ignore the evil cloud of pure hatred at the country's capital

Plum

The Hyrule in Breath of the Wild is very similar to current day US because everyone is trying to live normal lives while trying their best to ignore the evil cloud of pure hatred at the country's capital

The Yiga Clan are the alt-right.

It all makes sense now.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It has not been 31 years since the bush tax cuts though. Which is all they want to do, more tax cuts for themselves and their friends

KingBroly

Banned
The US Tax Code is like Kingdom Hearts

No one fucking understands it except for paid professionals.

There, a better analogy.

Fuck Paul Ryan (YES, THAT ONE)

Neiteio

Their vision of providing tax cuts for the rich and comfortable while cutting social services for the poor and anxious, so that the rich can continue to horde their wealth in off-shore tax shelters and not reinvest them to create jobs.

They should probably focus on addressing the debt ceiling so the government doesn't shut down. Maybe not fund that racist-ass wall that won't make a difference since most illegal immigrants are in the country on expired visas anyways.

Ah, but what's the point. Calamity Trump will probably piss off North Korea and turn this whole country to irradiated slag anyways.

When Democrats push for healthcare reform and single payer they should just mention free healthcare works in Pokemon

They'll at least get Herman Kaine to support it that way

House Republicans remind us how much they know about business by getting the facts about the only actual business they bring up incredibly wrong.

edit: what I really don't get is why they don't bring up the fact that the series seriously turned around this year because of major formula reforms. That seems like it'd be the obvious metaphor they'd want to go with.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
How fucking high is the GOP intern in charge of the twitter account right now?

Top Bottom