• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Republican compares American Tax Code to Zelda; Nintendo founded in 1985

Neiteio

They're gonna take Link just like they took Pepe... :(
This one still bothers me. Pepe was the best, back when he was just this innocent green frog-man who liked to pee standing up with his pants down. How he got hijacked by the fringe lunatics of GG and turned into a symbol of hate is a mystery to me, and a cause for mourning. I don't like when things that were meant to be lighthearted fun are warped into something meant to hurt. :-\

Zenner

heh, the link for income tax revisions at the bottom of the page...

https://www.gop.gov/ferris-bueller-american-tax-code-common/

giphy.gif

They tryin' really hard to get in with that pop-culture.

Neiteio

If the GOP is going to complain about stuff being outdated, maybe they should inform their president that Nazism is oh so 1940s

CamHostage

Quotes before change:

What Do the The Legend of Zelda and the American Tax Code Have In Common?

GOP.GOV / BLOG / WHAT DO THE THE LEGEND OF ZELDA AND THE AMERICAN TAX CODE HAVE IN COMMON?
COMMUNICATIONS • AUGUST 23, 2017

The Legend of Zelda series is Nintendo’s best-selling video game franchise enjoyed by more than two generations of gamers. The action-adventure game was released in 1986, only one year after Nintendo’s founding in 1985.

And you know what else was released in 1986? Yeah, you do. The last major reform to the American tax code was signed into law in 1986.

It’s been 31 years, and our current code is far beyond repair.

House Republicans have been working for years on bold ideas to overhaul our nation’s broken tax code. Now, with the Trump administration, the House, and the Senate working together, we’re on track to take up tax reform in the fall.

SO, WHAT DOES OUR VISION LOOK LIKE?

Our vision for tax reform…

tax-reform-5.jpg

According to the National Small Business Association, 65 percent of small businesses say that federal taxes have a significant to moderate impact on the day-to-day operations of their businesses.

This is absurd considering the nearly 30 million small businesses across the country employ roughly half of the private sector workforce.

“If Washington is serious about strengthening the American economy, it is time to enact a plan that will level the playing field for American businesses by encouraging investments and job creation. Piecemeal efforts won’t get us where we need to go. We need comprehensive, permanent tax reform, and we need it now.”

-Texas small business owner Rebecca Boenigk

We’re very serious about strengthening the American economy, and we’re starting now with tax reform.

As House Republicans, we want our work to reflect your voice. So take the next 30 seconds and tell us what you want from tax reform.

If you like the idea of separating wage income from small business income, then you’ll love what else we have to say about further income tax revisions under the new Republican tax reform plan.

The context where they used Zelda feels weird and kinda shoehorned.

But on the last elections the democrats and republicans did a lot of Pokémon Go references so I doubt this "'Sup kids" stuff is new :p

A friend just sent me the Kotaku article about this and I thought it was a joke or a prank. Upon realizing they were serious I had to look for the GAF thread.

Btw, the GOP has removed this fuck up from their site already!
The context where they used Zelda feels weird and kinda shoehorned.
Kinda???

Top Bottom