• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War art

god-of-war_2017_08-30j2s63.jpg

god-of-war_2017_08-30tfsdb.jpg

god-of-war_2017_08-30j0s6y.jpg

god-of-war_2017_08-30rjsn5.jpg

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/903047295809331204

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Gotta say I like that rougher more harsh looking design for the kid. Also we GoT now.

Is that a change to the kid's character or a tease to story progression? Looks more battle worn than what they've shown before.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
My worries about the combat aside, the artstyle for this game is looking fantastic

Crossing Eden

Kid is better in final game, not a generic blonde guy.
Considering the amount of brunette males in gaming a blonde would be refreshing. And it's more how he looks more rough like a kid growing up in a world where undead skeletons are an everyday occurrence.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
In before too much gore. Kratos is an asshole. And qte canceled preorders.

Looks fucking amazing.

BigEmil

Hope it's more stylised visuals in this game, make it look less generic realistic visuals all games has so to make it stand out make it stylised heavily

GOW 3 stylised visuals is awesome still stands out and holds up to this day

Kid looks like Malfoy. I hope they make him a blonde.

I would love to imagine any sequels starring as him to star a blonde haired dude. Basically a demigod who is much more boyish and nicer than Kratos

Would be a nice change from the gruff characters like Gerald and Kratos types

Crossing Eden

Hope it's more stylised visuals in this game, make it look less generic realistic visuals all games has so to make it stand out make it stylised heavily

GOW 3 stylised visuals is awesome still stands out
Photorealism doesn't mean that a game has a lack of art direction:
This game is definitely grounded compared to the past games but no less visually striking. Like, literally the only other game with this aesthetic atm is Hellblade.

Usobuko

Banned
I look at these screenshot and I feel that this game will probably break its sales record.

It hit the right notes.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I would love to imagine any sequels starring as him to star a blonde haired dude. Basically a demigod who is much more boyish and nicer than Kratos
Leave that soft shit out of my god of war.

Id rather have the kid to grow up to have a personality similar of black panther.

Logash

Can't wait for this game. I just love ow dark everything is. My only worry at this point is how epic the boss fights are gonna be. I always loved God of War for it's amazing boss fights and I hope we get to see some really cool ones with Norse gods.

Side Note: Bought this game digital but I kind of want it physical now. Anyone know if they offer a refund when they change the date every time or just when a game is pushed back? Like God of War is labeled Dec 31st and the actual date will probably be earlier. Will they offer me a refund when the date is official or not?

gadwn

Gimme gimme gimme!

Not the biggest fan of the older games but the new one checks every box for me.

Most anticipated game of 2018 and second overall after TLOU part II.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
i don't want to weird anybody out, but is it just me who really likes how kratos is protectively shielding his son during some encounters here? this is kratos

Top Bottom