• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War art

JlNX

god-of-war_2017_08-30tfsdb.jpg

For a second I thought this was in-game until I looked at the sky, it shows how well they took the concept art and transitioned it into the game. I agree with everyone else I also prefer the boys hair in the concept art.

FelipeMGM

For a second I thought this was in-game until I looked at the sky, it shows how well they took the concept art and transitioned it into the game. I agree with everyone else I also prefer the boys hair in the concept art.

yeah, had the same reaction. Looks really good

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'm guessing this might not have those lush palaces and shit from the past games, given the mythology is vastly different this time around. Seems more like broken down architecture and harsh environments.

Bear one.

Yeah. I noticed.
First I thought it was his dagger but this one looked longer. Also Kratos is wearing a boar fur in this picture.
Items and weapons Kratos uses, don't appear suddenly. He carries them all: Axe, dagger, bow, purse, horn, the blinking living head and now the long sword. I like how this game is longing for realism this time.

I'm guessing this might not have those lush palaces and shit from the past games, given the mythology is vastly different this time around. Seems more like broken down architecture and harsh environments.

For sure. This stuff is all way more earthy and natural than the beautiful marble palaces and statues of the Greek mythos. Both are beautiful, SSM has always has fantastic art and this new shit looks great.

About the kid's hair, I hope he slowly grows it out a bit over the course of the game. I think I like the red hair more than blonde hair.

Also, this art. It's wallpaper worthy. It's amazing to see how well it's represented in game, props to everyone involved with that.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Have you checked the Sony Santa Monica Facebook page? They upped a podcast with Cory and the writer of the game, talking about the norse world and more. They have also upped the first episode of the Lost Pages where they talk about the lore and what happened before the game. Check it out.

Have you checked the Sony Santa Monica Facebook page? They upped a podcast with Cory and the writer of the game, talking about the norse world and more. They have also upped the first episode of the Lost Pages where they talk about the lore and what happened before the game. Check it out.

Will listen to the podcast later, thanks.

Top Bottom