• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New easter egg found in Resident Evil 4.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Haha, that's awesome

This might be a good place to mention one that I noticed back when I first played it on GC but haven't seen discussed. In the area around the lake there's on corner that when you go around it, a swirling black mist quickly forms and darts off screen. I always thought that was an Easter Egg of the abandoned RE4 concept but I'm not sure. I don't have it captured anywhere.

tesqui

I would have figured someone has gone through all the texture files in the game by now? Kind of crazy that no one came across this one texture.

I would have figured someone has gone through all the texture files in the game by now? Kind of crazy that no one came across this one texture.
I'm surprised no one apparently came across this in the game's files. Neat.

It would be one thing to find this in the game files and assume nothing. Developers leave random test files and whatnot in the game data all the time, but the fact that it's actually in an obscure place in-game makes it a pretty big deal if you ask me.

Forget asking Capcom. Someone get into contact with Shinji Mikami. He's making the rounds over The Evil Within 2, right?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

tesqui

It would be one thing to find this in the game files and assume nothing. Developers leave random test files and whatnot in the game data all the time, but the fact that it's actually in an obscure place in-game makes it a pretty big deal if you ask me.

Forget asking Capcom. Someone get into contact with Shinji Mikami. He's making the rounds over The Evil Within 2, right?

Makes me wonder if there are even more out of place textures in the game world somewhere.

I just wanted to express my disappointment with the ps4 version remaster.

You can't run and pick up items at the same time, it totally ruins the fun on mercs especially.

Webacon or anyone in capcom if you are reading this please patch.

Awesome, easter egg btw.

tumblr_niagrfUTZ61rxf6yzo1_250.gif

That's insane!

RE4, the GOAT of a generation, just keeps on giving...

I just wanted to express my disappointment with the ps4 version remaster.

You can't run and pick up items at the same time, it totally ruins the fun on mercs especially.

Webacon or anyone in capcom if you are reading this please patch.

Awesome, easter egg btw.

...You can.

Yarbskoo

I feel like the best part of being an environment artist is the opportunity to put in stupid fun shit like this.

Hmmm

Is it really an easter egg if you can't even see it through normal means? I know you can sort of see an outline through the scope, but that's pretty much it.

Sad that you and others didn't even notice, this is why it will never get patched.

I made a thread a while back where some people confirmed it, you can look it up.

I've held X (run) and pressed Square (interact) to pick up items on the move on the PS4 version just like I have in every other version.

I used the last available button layout. I don't know what to tell you.

Cool find. I remember seeing this in game and thinking it was a villager scoping out my position. Didn't think much of it.

Haha, that's awesome

This might be a good place to mention one that I noticed back when I first played it on GC but haven't seen discussed. In the area around the lake there's on corner that when you go around it, a swirling black mist quickly forms and darts off screen. I always thought that was an Easter Egg of the abandoned RE4 concept but I'm not sure. I don't have it captured anywhere.
That's awesome if true. I never saw that Easter egg or heard it mentioned before. Hope they revisit that, it looked great! https://youtu.be/mOzr9hvaerE

Top Bottom