• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games Announces 4 New Versions of L.A. Noire coming November 14, 2017

jelmerjt

Rockstar Games Announces 4 New Versions of L.A. Noire coming November 14, 2017

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep. 7, 2017-- Rockstar Games®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO), is proud to announce new versions of the blockbuster detective thriller, L.A. Noire, are scheduled to release on November 14, 2017 for the Nintendo Switch™ system, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems and for Xbox One games and entertainment systems.

Alongside these three new console versions comes LA Noire: The VR Case Files, featuring seven select cases from the original game rebuilt specifically for a virtual reality experience on the HTC VIVE™ system.

L.A. Noire takes place in the seedy and violent underbelly of 1940's Los Angeles as decorated veteran and newly minted detective, Cole Phelps investigates an escalating series of cases inspired by real-world crimes. Each successfully solved case brings Phelps greater success, but also brings him closer to the dark criminal heart of post-war L.A. The game was an Official Selection of the Tribeca Film Festival for its cinematic approach to gameplay and narrative.

Utilizing a unique type of facial capture technology called MotionScan, L.A. Noire breathes unprecedented life into character performances, creating brand new gameplay out of the art of interrogation.

”We're excited to bring L.A. Noire's unique mix of real detective work, classic Hollywood atmosphere and thrilling action to these new platforms," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. ”Now with a choice of spectacular virtual reality, stunning 4K, or the freedom of portable play, these enhanced versions are a perfect opportunity for players to experience this richly detailed world in a whole new way."

L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files for HTC Vive delivers seven of the original engrossing, self-contained cases from LA Noire rebuilt specifically for virtual reality, blending breathtaking action with true detective work to deliver an unprecedented interactive experience.

L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch features the complete original game and all additional downloadable content, with specific enhancements including a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic, gesture-based controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles, plus contextual touch screen controls for portable detective work.

L.A. Noire for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One delivers the complete original game and all additional downloadable content with a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, including enhanced lighting and clouds, new cinematic camera angles, high resolution textures and more. L.A. Noire plays natively in 1080p for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, and stunning 4K for PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X, capturing the grit and grime of the City of Angels like never before.

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2299157

93fgCnp.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So Nintendo skipped on their November Switch release to let LA. Noire shine ?

Zedark

Well, look at that, seems like NateDrake was right after all!

Is this a good game? Never seems to have had a hold on public discours from what I have seen.

S2580

Neo Member
I was only thinking of LA Noire yesterday and how did like to go back and play it. Feels like an odd announcement tho.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
9777b74c903fdcad28f05b165c65879548711642.jpg

Today, we're proud to announce new versions of the blockbuster detective thriller L.A. Noire, are scheduled to release on November 14, 2017 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Alongside these three new console versions, we're taking our first steps into virtual reality with L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files, featuring seven select cases from the original game rebuilt specifically for a virtual reality experience on the HTC VIVE.

Set against the seedy and violent underbelly of 1940's Los Angeles, L.A. Noire is the story of decorated veteran and newly minted detective Cole Phelps as he investigates an escalating series of cases inspired by real-world crimes. Each successfully solved case brings Phelps greater success, but also brings him closer to the dark criminal heart of post-war L.A.

L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files for HTC Vive delivers seven of the original engrossing, self-contained cases from L.A. Noire rebuilt specifically for virtual reality, blending breathtaking action with true detective work to deliver an unprecedented interactive experience.

L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch features the complete original game and all additional downloadable content, with specific enhancements including a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic, gesture-based controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles, plus contextual touch screen controls for portable detective work.

L.A. Noire for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One delivers the complete original game and all additional downloadable content with a range of technical enhancements for greater visual fidelity and authenticity, including enhanced lighting and clouds, new cinematic camera angles, high resolution textures and more. Plays natively in 1080p for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles, and stunning 4K for PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X, these versions capture the grit and grime of the City of Angels like never before.

For more information, visit the updated website at rockstargames.com/lanoire and keep an eye out for more from L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files and L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One both there and at the Newswire in the weeks ahead.

Is this a good game? Never seems to have had a hold on public discours from what I have seen.

I remember it fondly, from what I remember of it. I'll probably pick it up again at some point.

Shiggy

Not sure if I want to play it if they didn't improve the gameplay and empty overworld. I mean, you couldn't even run over pedestrians, what kind of game is this :p

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Touch screen, gyro/motion and HD Rumble for Switch.

I'll probably pick it up. Never finished the original but I remember thinking it was pretty neat.

mrqs

WHAT. I MEAN, WHAT???

They should use that time to port Red Dead Redemption to PS4/XBONE/PC :(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

From what I've accomplished, it could have been better, storywise.

Plus I felt like there's not much to do in the game except solve mysteries with shooting.

Bendo

Huh, so I guess all those Switch rumours were accurate. Never got around to completing it, but I might just double dip if the price isn't too outrageous.

Certinty

This is hilarious. A simple port of the 360/PS3 version of GTA V for the Switch would do insane numbers but instead they do this?

Top Bottom