• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games Announces 4 New Versions of L.A. Noire coming November 14, 2017

Krakatoa

tenor.gif

I enjoyed playing, but I got tired of the slow pace after a while.

Drackhorn

Although I enjoyed it for the exploration and the atmosphere the game never really worked for me in gameplay. The interrogations were very hit and miss and felt random.

Alienfan

Odd choice, but then again a Red Dead or Bully Remaster would likely require a hell of a lot more work seeing their age.

GDGF

Soothsayer
This thread is bigger :)

So it's true.

I know it's supposed to be a mediocre game, but it's film noir and the interrogation videos from last gen versions still look pretty damn amazing to me.

In for Switch.

Widge

We'll have to see how it looks and runs compared to the PS4 and XB1 version.

I mean I have the PC version, which I would assume trumps all visibly, but playing it on the go trumps graphical wizardry for me. All eye of the beholder stuff though.

JayEH

What a weird way to announce this with "4 new versions" headline. i was expecting something other than ports.

PulseMC

Neo Member
I'm in for the Switch version. Hopefully this leads to Rockstar putting other games out on Switch/PS4/Xbox.

Bully pls R*

boekeboekeboeh

Neo Member
So the rumors way back where true... cool, haven't played it yet so will be getting this for switch. interested in the motion gestures!

Reading the description: probably not. Cool Switch is not skipped though.

I imagine there will be some sort of upgrades but nothing like what PS4 and Xbox 1 get. I nean, the Switch in portable mode is still a good deal above last gen. If it's a pure untouched port that wouldn't interest me. I have a PS3 already.

oti

Banned
Who wants this seriously? Why not red dead, bully remaster gta v for the switch huh.

Nintendo: Hi Rockstar, buddy, how's it going? Can we get GTA on Switch?
Rockstar: No.
Nintendo: Ok. Can we have something else for Switch?
Rockstar: There's an L.A. Noir re-release coming up. You want in?
Nintendo: Sure....

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo even paid some of the development costs. Otherwise it doesn't really make much sense for Rockstar to port this on Switch. Not before we knew how successful Switch would be anyway.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
What a weird way to announce this with "4 new versions" headline. i was expecting something other than ports.

what exactly? 4 new versions ... that's what we're getting. the game has been ported to these new platforms so they are new versions.

I'm one of the few that loved this game, even though it was flawed. Definitely getting this for the Switch. COLE PHELPS, FBI! I'M COMANDEERING YOU'RE VEHICLE, MAAM.

[edit] So this means, they must be considering a sequel right, if this sells well? Ace.

atr0cious

We'll have to see how it looks and runs compared to the PS4 and XB1 version.
I have the pc version, so visual fidelity means nothing to me. Having gesture controls and possibly fleshed out hd rumble adds more to the game than a few more frames or polygons. It's why the re4 wii edition is the superior version.

Hard to believe they put time and effort into this when it had a PC port. RDR would have done awesome as a remastered edition right before the RDR2 release. I would have bought it again and I even replayed the X1 BC.

Widge

PC version is fine. Need a touch of work to enable 60fps. The only broken thing about this is the POS gameplay. One on my most infuriating gaming experiences ever.

I will have to have another check. I couldn't get it to go past the Rockstar login thing. I remember the community was saying at the time it was broken and there was a ballache-y workaround. Memory recall might be vague on this front though.

Not for me but know a few friends who will enjoy the detective series de of the game. Will probably be asked to do the more action focused segments of the game.

So weird.

LA Noire is easily Rockstar's worst game from the last 10 years. I know they didn't develop it for most of the project and they sort of rescued it from being cancelled, but it just wasn't a good game at all. I get releasing it originally, but putting any development time into it for re-release seems odd.

I wonder if investors were begging Take2 for some Rockstar release this fall/Holiday given the RDR2 delay and that GTAV DLC was cancelled, and so this was a bone they're throwing for stakeholders to hold them off for another 6 months before RDR2.

*edit*

And now we've got three threads about this.

Well that was out of left field...I was expecting the next thing they announced this summer was more news on RDR2.

I've been wanting to replay through the game recently. I will just pick this up instead.

Dat Rockstar double dip.

Yep NateDrake has been right on the money so many times and I'm glad this panned out. Sad few took him seriously.

I will never take the words of a two bit thief seriously

Cause they invested a lot of money into L.A Noire and it sold pretty bad.

This too. This is probably a good way to get their full investment back on this + test things on Switch without fucking it up on one of their big franchises

So is this Rockstars test aka Capcom test for the Switch to get GTAV or other Rockstar games lol? I'd rather get Red Dead Redemption over L.A. Noire. It was a very boring game.

I don't think it's a test.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I was only thinking of LA Noire yesterday and how did like to go back and play it. Feels like an odd announcement tho.

I too was thinking about this. I actually looked at the box today and was thinking that I need to go back and play it. It's a really good game. The city and animations looks great. There isn't a lot to do when going around the city but it apparently is an accurate representation of the city. the cases are fun and overall will be a great release for the Switch: a realistic, gritty police action game. There really isn't another game like it on any platform. Everyone should give it a chance.

Vandole

I just replayed this over the summer. Not sure I want to play it again just yet, but I love that it's happening. Definitely something I'll pick up again down the line.

Top Bottom