• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games Announces 4 New Versions of L.A. Noire coming November 14, 2017

Widge

PC version was broken last time I checked in. Has that been resolved yet?

EDIT: Switch version is a nice caveat though. I have a real hankering for that system. If it had the PS2 FF remasters ported to it, I think that would be tipping point for me. Less fussed about the PS1 games as they're just fine on phone.

EDIT 2: oh Vive? Interesting.

GDGF

Soothsayer
So it's true.

I know it's supposed to be a mediocre game, but it's film noir and the interrogation videos from last gen versions still look pretty damn amazing to me.

In for Switch.

Rockstar Games support on my Switch?

This is something I definitely never would've thought possible. Don't even care that it's the PS360 version apparently. That version looked great already (and still does in my opinion).

For the record: I liked L.A. Noire until the last (or so) chapter. Even though I really didn't understand much of its story for some weird reason.

So the Switch version of the game

L.A. Noire for the Nintendo Switch features the complete original game and all additional downloadable content, with specific enhancements including a Joy-Con mode with gyroscopic, gesture-based controls, HD rumble and new wide and over-the-shoulder camera angles, plus contextual touch screen controls for portable detective work.

Wollan

Cool. An interesting game that was close to be lost in time. Still feels like the definitive 50's detective noir game.

StereoVsn

Wonder what the price is going to be for these releases. I can see them going for $40-50 on the Switch especially if there is a physical version but not on xbone/PS4.

Ventara

I really enjoyed this game and even went on to platinum this, so I'll probably pick this up. Most likely not day 1, though, and probably on the Switch.

I literally had no idea that I wanted this until right now. Might have to buy two copies because I feel like I "need" to support the Switch version.

OK we need dozens of "but why ?" gifs in here stat people. I mean correct me if I am wrong but whilst LA Noire was a minor success with critics didn't it pretty much get ignored by the paying public ?

Ah the software industry, sometimes it just makes you smile at the insanity of it all.

PC version was broken last time I checked in. Has that been resolved yet?

PC version is fine. Need a touch of work to enable 60fps. The only broken thing about this is the POS gameplay. One on my most infuriating gaming experiences ever.

JP

Weird, I did quite enjoy the game but I never really felt like a game that I'd want to play again. It;s nice that they're improving the graphics on the PS4/Xbox version but I don't really think that's where improvements were needed.

Slightly worried that it's announced only two months before launch, I will keep an eye on the game though...just in case.

jett

D-Member
I wonder what are those video-faces going to look like in "stunning" 4K

29974origi8i3.jpg

Interesting that they're bringing this IP back for some reason. p.s. it's not a good game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Seem like they taking the Switch version serious with the extra features they are adding. Interested to see how it looks and performs - good to see a R* game on a Nintendo system again.

Reminds me of Scarface on Wii....heh.

nelo_inc

And to think that i have bought it along with DLC on PS3 and still haven't played it yet,
it's happening alot to me, too many remasters and ports..

Top Bottom