• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This isn't a relationship right.

So my friend (person I know, its bizarre homophobic person I have mentioned on gaf before) met this girl in Co Offaly at the end of August when he was on holiday with his family. He chatted with this girl once or twice, she gave him her phone number. Since then, he's sent her over 150 messages and she's responded twice, and hasn't text him in 3 weeks. He somehow found her snapchat and messaged her there too.

He thinks there's a problem with her phone and thats why she hasn't messaged back, and thinks she wouldn't have given him a number at all if she didn't like him, according to the youtube videos he's watched she was 'giving me all the signs she was into me' and how he thinks they're gonna be together and how they'd make a long distance relationship work etc (he doesn't drive, and Offaly is about a 3 hour drive from us) and my pointing out this was all a bit tenuous was met with 'well you're probably gay so you don't know'

Anyway, he's messaged me yesterday saying do I want to go with him to Offaly and I said no, he messaged me today saying he was in Offaly and he was going to find her by waiting at her work.

This isn't a relationship right? Or anything? I was gonna tell him again but I can't be bothered at this point, hopefully she sends him away or calls the police.

edit - I have blocked him on social media. This girl isn't working tonight and his parents have intervened to prevent him contacting her. I'm still not happy about this though.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
No, that's pretty much Stalking.

If I were you I'd find a way to warn the girl involved before she comes to potential harm.

Dabanton

Is this a mockery thread?

Sadly this guy is going to learn the hard way if a woman declines to reply to your constant messaging she's not interested.

Trickster

This friend or yours is a stalker.

And he's a homophobe too? Why are you talking to this guy, much less considering him a friend?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Is this a mockery thread?

Sadly this guy is going to learn the hard way if a woman declines to reply to your constant messaging she's not interested.
I frankly don't care about if he gets hurt feelings here. I'm worried that said put down results in unpredictable and dangerous behaviour.

The guy is clearly deluded, and tracking someone down at their workplace? That's a big red flag. Hopefully he's just an idiot and not dangerous with it.

Sanjuro

Rxcgiia.gif

Pretty sure he's well into stalking territory now, OP, so no, this is not a relationship.

The real question is will you be sending him bail money when he calls you up from jail.

Well I'm kinda tired dealing with his bullshit about women, muslims, abortions, national service to get homeless people off the street because he doesn't like to look at them, etc, that I thought I might be misreading him a tad.

What? Why are you friends with him? He sounds like a textbook creepy misogynistic asshole.

120v

i met my wife this way

but really. talk some sense into him if that's at remotely possible at this point

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm friends with a dude who is weird as fuck (e.g. he is trying to regrow his foreskin) but not like harmful weird. Your friend sounds harmful weird.

And you are friends with this person, why?

What? Why are you friends with him? He sounds like a textbook creepy misogynistic asshole.

Straight up textbook stalking. And he sounds like a shitty friend so why even talk to him?

I wouldn’t be friends with that person.

I mean I have a very small social circle. But mainly because he knocks on my door and won't piss off and harasses me on social media until I walk to the shops with him or something.

Top Bottom