• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This isn't a relationship right.

I mean I have a very small social circle. But mainly because he knocks on my door and won't piss off and harasses me on social media until I walk to the shops with him or something.

This guy might be part of the reason you have a small social circle. Fair or not you are associated with the people you hang out with and you might not even realize that being around him is putting off other, better potential friends, from getting to know you. Drop him and don't try to indulge in even entertaining his creepy behavior.

So my friend (person I know, its bizarre homophobic person I have mentioned on gaf before) met this girl in Co Offaly at the end of August when he was on holiday with his family. He chatted with this girl once or twice, she gave him her phone number. Since then, he's sent her over 150 messages and she's responded twice, and hasn't text him in 3 weeks. He somehow found her snapchat and messaged her there too.

He thinks there's a problem with her phone and thats why she hasn't messaged back, and thinks she wouldn't have given him a number at all if she didn't like him, according to the youtube videos he's watched she was 'giving me all the signs she was into me' and how he thinks they're gonna be together and how they'd make a long distance relationship work etc (he doesn't drive, and Offaly is about a 3 hour drive from us) and my pointing out this was all a bit tenuous was met with 'well you're probably gay so you don't know'

Anyway, he's messaged me yesterday saying do I want to go with him to Offaly and I said no, he messaged me today saying he was in Offaly and he was going to find her by waiting at her work.

This isn't a relationship right? Or anything? I was gonna tell him again but I can't be bothered at this point, hopefully she sends him away or calls the police.

Is this a copypasta or a troll?

Get a new friend. He sounds like a crazy stalker and is most definitely not in a relationship with that poor girl. Get away from that homophobic dumpster fire.

mike6467

Because he won't leave me alone I guess? I didn't know if his being weird with me warranted getting the gardai involved.

Block him on all fronts, send a text asking that he leave you alone. This guy clearly doesn't respect boundaries so deal with the authorities if necessary (restraining order etc), but keeping him around is equally toxic.

Maybe at this point it might be safer that way, rather than have this deranged person come after him?

I mean, if you're in a romantic relationship with someone, this wouldn't be acceptable advice. It's not here either, he's just enabling the guy to keep up his shitty behavior and putting himself in a really shitty environment.

Raiku

He thinks there's a problem with her phone and thats why she hasn't messaged back, and thinks she wouldn't have given him a number at all if she didn't like him, according to the youtube videos he's watched she was 'giving me all the signs she was into me'.

nJ3LqdW.gif

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
If you had to ask whether this is a relationship, then it's no wonder you're stuck with this "friendship".

mike6467

He finds pleasure there apparently. He says its great craic.

I'll block him fine but I can't stop him knocking on my door yet.

Tell him you don't want him coming to your place anymore. Document every time he shows up, tell him you're documenting it and you've already spoken with the cops and you'll follow up if you need to (I had to do this with an ex of mine actually).

Option A is he's just an idiot and he'll stop when he realizes you're serious and he might actually be facing legal repercussions. Also it has the benefit of MAYBE showing him he's got issues that he needs to fix.

Option B is that he's actually crazy, in which case the cops should get involved ASAP anyways.

Ignoring the problem is not going to help anything.

Stop being friends with someone who isn't even worth the definition of a "friend". He isn't a friend, he sounds more like a piece of shit. Get a restraining order against him, and hope he leaves you alone.

Well I'm kinda tired dealing with his bullshit about women, muslims, abortions, national service to get homeless people off the street because he doesn't like to look at them, etc, that I thought I might be misreading him a tad.
Well hes crossed over from asshole to psycho. It's not just your dislike for him

And you really need to not be friends with this person.

I'll tell him to stop one more time before I block him but I doubt it'll do any good if he's gone to all that effort ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Why are you so nonchalant about this? Your attitude towards your "friend's" behavior is probably one of the main reasons why he still doing it. Put your foot down, stop being so neutral about this and tell him to fuck off before you report him to the authorities for harassment.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Your "friend" is a stalker, a creep, and an asshole. Tell him to leave that girl alone, that if he sent over 150 messages and she's barely responding SHE'S CLEARLY NOT INTERESTED FOR FUCK'S SAKE

Well I'm kinda tired dealing with his bullshit about women, muslims, abortions, national service to get homeless people off the street because he doesn't like to look at them, etc, that I thought I might be misreading him a tad.
....No, you aren't misreading him, you are reading him exactly as what he is: an irredeemable piece of shit you need to cut out of your life.
I mean I have a very small social circle. But mainly because he knocks on my door and won't piss off and harasses me on social media until I walk to the shops with him or something.
What the fuck?! You stay friends with someone because he... harasses you?

Grow a spine and cut him out of your life NOW. Christ.

Top Bottom