• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner reveals Monolith's (FEAR dev) Guardians of Middle-Earth game

Loudninja

F.E.A.R. developer Monolith is making Guardians of Middle-Earth for release on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live this autumn, Warner has announced.

Guardians of Middle-Earth is an multiplayer online battle arena game. In it, two teams of up-to five will fight, cast as some of the best known characters (known as guardians) from The Lord of the Rings.

There will be more than 20 guardians in all, including Gandalf, Gollum, Sauron and Thrain.

Guardians of Middle-Earth will tie-in to The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey movie. Warner will release more guardians for the game in the build up to the film's release on 14th December (UK).
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-30-warner-reveals-fear-devs-guardians-of-middle-earth-game

Acosta

Big meh from me.

For god's sake, you can do something better with The Hobbit than another multiplayer arena, where is your imagination?

Pociask

The Hobbit, or There and Back Again - a story of how a middle class, respectable hobbit goes on an adventure, sees the wider world, and grows as a person. He has to overcome his own fears and prejudices, and ends up showing courage and bravery.

The Lord of the Rings - the epic tale of the One Ring, and how the friendship of the hobbits triumphs over the armies of the Dark Lord, and how the one true king retakes the throne. Also, in the end, a story of the growth of the hobbits, who grow to the point that they lead a successful rebellion against Saruman without any help from the outside world.

NOW, FROM WARNER GAME STUDIOS, AND MONOLITH:

FIGHT AS THE AWESOME BAD ASS GUARDIANS, TO AN EPIC SOUNDTRACK PENNED BY TRENT REZNOR. FINALLY, THE CHANCE TO SUPLEX SAURON WHILE PLAYING AS GOLLUM. ONLY ON PSN AND XBOX LIVE. COMING AUTUMN 2012!!!

SparkTR

What the fuck is wrong with this gen?

XDGbl.jpg

People like this.

Dambrosi

Banned
Hopefully this will be as brilliant as Warner's other recent licensed arena multiplayer game, Gotham City Impostors!

Monolith was also demoted to make that terrible Batman FPS thing.

Why can't we have another NOLF? or Condemned?
Whuh? Gotham City Impostors is bad now? I thought it was alright for what it was.

Though, yes, I would have preferred a new NOLF myself, having never played the original.

1-D_FTW

This is the Hobbit tie-in game they've been working on?

I hereby retract every benefit of the doubt I've given Monolith. They're officially off my radar from here on out.

Randy

The Lord of the Rings-universe has so much potential for a free-roam third-person adventure. Think LotRO, but better suited for a SP or co-op game. Not this *bleep*.

Kifimbo

This is the Hobbit tie-in game they've been working on?

I hereby retract every benefit of the doubt I've given Monolith. They're officially off my radar from here on out.

There must be a full-fledged The Hobbit game. Maybe it'll launch in fall 2013 and it will cover both movies.

Wiktor

Monolith used to be the best FPS dev around. It's heart breaking to see them reduced to making cheap downloadable games :(

Ceebs

I am still waiting to see the first good console MOBA hit to see if the console crowd goes crazy over it like they did with Minecraft.

Top Bottom