• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio also coming to Android, iOS

salromano

Android

26808jsr_android_4_sc9ij6v.jpg

26809jsr_android_4_scczkdb.jpg

iPad

iPhone

Press Release

Jet Set Radio Skates onto Mobile Devices This Summer

Beloved Dreamcast Classic Announced for iOS and Android Devices

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON - July 20, 2012 - SEGA® of America Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today disclosed that their much-anticipated HD remake of Jet Set Radio™ will also be available on iOS and Android devices when the world-famous graffiti game comes to consoles and PC digital download this summer.

Jet Set Radio for iOS and Android includes the same slick gameplay, genre-blending soundtrack, and pioneering art style as the other versions alongside new features like OpenFeint and Retina display support and the awesome ability to use pictures taken with your phone or tablet’s camera as in-game graffiti! Traverse Shibuya terminal on the train, silence the Love Shockers on your lunch break, blast through Benten-cho while boarding a bus and upload achievements to Facebook while riding a ferry; Jet Set Radio will be a dream come true for portable gamers everywhere!

Jet Set Radio will also be released on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®Network, PlayStation® Vita systems and Windows PC Digital Download this summer. For more information on Jet Set Radio, please visit www.sega.com.

From the press release:

"the awesome ability to use pictures taken with your phone or tablet’s camera as in-game graffiti!"

Is this feature in the Vita version?

Sega I love you, but fuck you and your pillaging of my wallet 5 times for the same game ;_;

and it can be six if you release Yakuza 1+2 HD in the US... just saying..

bumpkin

This is a nice surprise! Depending if it's $2.99 or less, I may splurge for the iPhone version.
Well, I imagine it'll be on par with Sega's other iOS/Android offerings. Hopefully they'll be smart about it given that it's a 10+ year old game. If I recall, Sonic 4 Episode 2 is something like $6.99.

SmokyDave

Oh you little fucking beauty. Didn't see this coming at all.

Looks like I'll be triple-dipping (quad if you include the DC version!).

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
When the fuck is this actually even coming out for the announced platforms.

This bodes well for their other DC re-releases being easily portable to almost all current gen hardware though, so hope Vita versions are there for each one. Portable OLED HD Dreamcast is a dream come true, especially when Shenmue comes to town.

wrowa

I have the morbid urge to play this on my iPhone even though I already know that I will hate the controls.

It'll probably look quite awesome on it, though.

How about we hold off on announcing new platforms until you've finished the game for platforms you announced were coming months ago?

Also, this is going to play like ass on a touch screen.

How is this not going to be terrible?

As you can see in this thread, a lot of people really don't care.

zooL

nice, will buy for iphone. even though controls will suck most likely, I will try to play it though... playing through gta3 on iphone was a nice flashback and felt great somehow. the progress in technology is really impressive.

stuart

Banned
It's cynical to release a game on a platform where the controls will suck, simply to cash in on the massive marketshare and lack of decent titles.

Let's face it, only specific types of games can adapt to a touchscreen interface. The rest are crap to play.

Top Bottom