• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

Skilletor

2015-06-10_zpsvyjbpugj.jpg~original

Got it all installed. Kind of sucks that I had to tear the default art off, but I won't be using it ever again, so no big deal.

My plexi is thin, but it's not moving around at all. I made sure to put screw everything really tight when I put it back together. Love the way everything looks all blue. :)

This'll be the stick I'm taking to EVO. Need that hand space.

Gears

Any opinions on the Qanba fusions? They look really nice.

Also, are there just no nice skullgirls sticks out there? I feel like Id have to ask for a custom made by the looks of things.

alstein

Any opinions on the Qanba fusions? They look really nice.

Also, are there just no nice skullgirls sticks out there? I feel like Id have to ask for a custom made by the looks of things.

I think that was an igg reward ages ago.

I'm waiting for a good Qanba PS4 stick- if the response time is like the Q4 I'd snap it up in prep for SFV.

I'm somewhat surprised the VLX is still up for sale. I bought two on preorder thinking they would sell out immediately. I could have taken my time apparently. No regrets but did they make more or something?

I ordered my first arcade stick but I have a couple questions. (Madcatz FightStick Tournament Edition S)

I prefer clicky buttons with feedback. I know the Sanwas that come stock in this have no tactile or click to them unless you bottom them out. I hear GameFinger buttons with blue switches is a good alternative. Would they fit in this stick? Anyone have any experience or suggestions for getting that clickly tactile feedback without sacrificing quality?

Duxxy3

I ordered my first arcade stick but I have a couple questions. (Madcatz FightStick Tournament Edition S)

I prefer clicky buttons with feedback. I know the Sanwas that come stock in this have no tactile or click to them unless you bottom them out. I hear GameFinger buttons with blue switches is a good alternative. Would they fit in this stick? Anyone have any experience or suggestions for getting that clickly tactile feedback without sacrificing quality?

HBFS-30 should drop right in without a problem.

Got it all installed. Kind of sucks that I had to tear the default art off, but I won't be using it ever again, so no big deal.

My plexi is thin, but it's not moving around at all. I made sure to put screw everything really tight when I put it back together. Love the way everything looks all blue. :)

This'll be the stick I'm taking to EVO. Need that hand space.

Looking good! That royal blue is awesome.

gw820Z0.jpg

Never was a fan of the TE2 body style. Gimme dat PS4 version!

Wow, surprised they are still going to make 360 sticks. Also that's a lot of red.

Are the side panels a new design or does it just look that way in the photo?

From looking at the pics on twitter, it's the same thing as the TE-S.

FinKL

Decided to pop in this thread to get opinions on the HBFS-30, for a PS3 SE stick as I just got SF4 on PS4. Anyone use them vs the stock Sanwa that is in Mad Catz sticks?
EDIT: Searched and saw two positive reviews, so theres that :)

Never was a fan of the TE2 body style. Gimme dat PS4 version!

Then you go and show me this. I have the OG TE and it's been my favorite design EXCEPT for the storage for the cord, the plastic broke off on mine and I'm sure many others.
From looking at the pics on twitter, it's the same thing as the TE-S.

I hope not, they look different as the pic looks like the OG TE. The TE-S has the art dig into your skin which I dislike and is sharp, while the OG TE is smooth

vg260

Hm. I'm thinking about switching out the Hori stick in my Kai for a Sanwa JLF. Not been getting out dashes cleanly. Not sure if it's my imagination. Anyone have any thoughts on the pros/cons of each stick?

Juraash

So back when SF4 was out I had a stick built for 360. Now I'm looking to convert it to PS3/4 but I'm not really sure of the easiest way. Is there a stick that the board could be gutted out of relatively easy? I seem to recall there was a custom board you could get for ps3 sticks way back when. Not really sure if that's an option anymore.

So back when SF4 was out I had a stick built for 360. Now I'm looking to convert it to PS3/4 but I'm not really sure of the easiest way. Is there a stick that the board could be gutted out of relatively easy? I seem to recall there was a custom board you could get for ps3 sticks way back when. Not really sure if that's an option anymore.

If you can get a GG Xrd or Hori Fight Commander 4 you can gut the board from it and mod the thing that way.

What is the response time on Hori FC4s?

I have one of those $50 Tekken Sticks, could I gut that and replace the guts with Hori FC4?

I'm not sure, but it's wired and most Hori stuff is pretty good on latency.

Really, you could pop out any board form any stick, given height restrictions, and wire it up. I was considering doing just that to my RAP V3 Kai until I got another RAP 4 Kai.

xabi

Hi all,

I have not been playing the SF4 series since Super, and I just got Ultra for PS4. I dusted off my old Mad Catz TE (one of the original models), and for some reason the down-back motion is really hit or miss in terms of it registering properly. Is it a common problem with sticks that after awhile they don't register motions well?

What would you guys recommend to try to fix it? Is there a way to clean it? Should I just order a new joystick?

PS - I also tested it out on PS3 and am seeing the same issues, so it is not a problem with the PS4 driver.

FinKL

Hi all,

I have not been playing the SF4 series since Super, and I just got Ultra for PS4. I dusted off my old Mad Catz TE (one of the original models), and for some reason the down-back motion is really hit or miss in terms of it registering properly. Is it a common problem with sticks that after awhile they don't register motions well?

What would you guys recommend to try to fix it? Is there a way to clean it? Should I just order a new joystick?

Had this happen to me, I think it affected my up direction though. You can open it up to try to clean/fix it as thats what I did. I've been looking for the last 10minutes for the video/tutorial I used, but I can't find it. Basically I found out if you open the microswitches for the directions, you can add slits of paper to help register the input. Apologies I can't find the tutorial I used I swear it was on youtube, with captions =/

EDIT Sweet I found it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QytcbzZmXaI

xabi

Had this happen to me, I think it affected my up direction though. You can open it up to try to clean/fix it as thats what I did. I've been looking for the last 10minutes for the video/tutorial I used, but I can't find it. Basically I found out if you open the microswitches for the directions, you can add slits of paper to help register the input. Apologies I can't find the tutorial I used I swear it was on youtube, with captions =/

EDIT Sweet I found it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QytcbzZmXaI

Great, will give that a shot! thx

Running Wild

Neo Member
New stick acquired -

6bqAQm1.jpg

Hori's Kuro Buttons aren't really as bad as I thought they would be, didn't take long for me to adjust to them. I may stick something else in there though down the road, I'd like to try those Gamer Finger buttons sometime.

I had a Hori Hayabusa at one point in a HRAP2 I used to have, I liked it quite a bit.

Now I just await the official release of Yatagarasu: Attack On Cataclysm next month on Steam. Til then I'll be busy playing lots more Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, The Last Blade 2 and I've been getting into Skull Girls a bit. Beowulf is amazing...

New stick acquired -

6bqAQm1.jpg

Hori's Kuro Buttons aren't really as bad as I thought they would be, didn't take long for me to adjust to them. I may stick something else in there though down the road, I'd like to try those Gamer Finger buttons sometime.

I had a Hori Hayabusa at one point in a HRAP2 I used to have, I liked it quite a bit.

Now I just await the official release of Yatagarasu: Attack On Cataclysm next month on Steam. Til then I'll be busy playing lots more Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, The Last Blade 2 and I've been getting into Skull Girls a bit. Beowulf is amazing...

The kuros aren't half bad after some extended use with them but goddamn that options button utter shite.

Top Bottom