• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii-U - Amazon listing UK prices and launch date

ksimm

Actually, Sainsburys with the SETENS12R code is currently the cheapest way of doing it. Even if it wasn't, I'd still rather get a Wii U from there than playing the Zavvi lottery.

I just used that code (thanks) as I've never purchased from Sainsburys Entertainment before.
Wii U Premium + New Super Mario Bros. U for £310.48.

I now have 3 Wii U consoles pre-ordered, your move Amazon.

Larsen B

Well, I was unsuccessful this afternoon and a different rep told me the email about the June pre-orders is only for people who re-ordered in June(?) so I don't know what's going on but I did have a fun exchange.

Janrell: Hi, I'm Ceres Janrell, Ryan's supervisor. Please give me a few minutes while I check this.

Me: Hi Ceres. Thanks. Ryan is a good guy but I think he was tired me with being insistent. I don't blame him.

Janrell: I'm sorry for that.
This is regarding the pricing issue with the Nintendo Wii U 32GB ZombiU Premium Pack, right?

Me: No. This is about me ordering a Black Wii U in June (order #203-4400883-3472330) and having it cancelled. Subsequently people ordered the same item at the same price last week and their orders are being fulfilled.

Janrell: Yes, it was cancelled in June due to being incorrectly listed. It was made available again, but the price is incorrect. There were people who re-ordered it at 199.00 GBP and those are the ones we can fulfil.

Me: There are people on this dreaded Internet who have had their June orders re-instated or have today been allowed to make new orders at the incorrect price. I can link to them if you'd like but I'm an honest guy. All I'm hoping for is that I get the same treatment as them.

Janrell: I believe that we did not reinstate the orders made in June, and no one should've been allowed to make new orders now at the incorrect price.

Me: So does this mean some of your contemporaries are operating outside of the rules? I don't want to start an internal investigation but it seems like you've got some rebels on the team.

Janrell: If there were reps who promised to honour the incorrect price, that would be incorrect.
I'll pass this on to the relevant department so it will be investigated. Nonetheless, we really can't offer the item at 199.00 GBP. I'm sorry for this.

Me: I get what you're saying, Ceres. Now I don't know this MichH dude I'm about to quote but his words have touched me, you know? "I didn't have a problem getting the price changed at all. The rep just checked my old order and told me to make a new order for the premium. He then changed the price. No begging, no convincing. It seems to depend on the different reps and how they handle things."
(PS. I was only joking about the investigation)

Janrell: Based on that, it does seem that there were reps who handled it incorrectly. I'll alert all the teams in the interim.
Oh. But it really has to be investigated.

Me: I meant more in a Dirty Harry sort of way. Internal Affairs and that sort of thing.

Janrell: Oh. I see.

Me: I'm sorry for this nonsense. It's been a long day at work. So I can tell you're trying to say "no" but do you really mean that? Maybe, just this once, the good guy can come out on top. I feel like this is something you have the power to do.

Janrell: I'm really sorry. I can't deviate from the policy. We're unable to offer it at 199.00 GBP.

Me: How about £199.99 GBP? It's a Christmas present to myself but I can pretend there's a wee orphan boy if you prefer.

Janrell: I really can't, David.

Me: You're breaking my heart, Ceres.

Janrell: I apologise for the disappointment.

Me: What about if I promise to buy dinner? A trip to the cinema?
The money I save on this WiiU could become a wonderful gift.

Janrell: Sorry, David. I hope you'll understand.

Me: I know. We've grown apart. Can we still be friends?

Janrell: I guess we can. :)
Again, I'm sorry that we can't reach an agreeable solution.
Would there be anything else aside from this?

Me: Perhaps not today but feelings can change over time. I'll still hold a candle for you in my heart, Ceres. Whenever the wind whistles through the leaves, I'll think "Lowenstein", "Lowenstein".

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
How do you contact Amazon.co.uk?
Is it via a live chat or do you phone them?

Amazon guy sent me a follow up email

Hello

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk

I’m sorry about any misunderstanding about the price of "Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack - Black ".

As your order hasn’t yet dispatched, I’ve adjusted the price for it to reflect the current price of GBP 199.99. This is the price you should be charged when the order is dispatched. however we are having system issue with this order the price you will see now is GBP 204.99.
We are aware of this problem and you will be refunded GBP5.00 when the order is dispatch.

When we dispatch your order, we’ll send you an e-mail to confirm the date, contents of your order and method of delivery.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

I actually just figured the extra £5 was VAT since I'm in Ireland, but hey I'll take it.

xandaca

Actually, Sainsburys with the SETENS12R code is currently the cheapest way of doing it. Even if it wasn't, I'd still rather get a Wii U from there than playing the Zavvi lottery.

If I get a Wii U, I'll probably go for the Sainsbury's one now, but Zavvi's still cheaper because there's a 5% discount for new accounts (possibly requiring a code in one of my previous posts in this thread, although another poster suggested not), making the ZombiU bundle £285 against Sainsbury's £297, with Zavvi also accepting of cashback sites.

jdforge

Banned
Wow yup just make the call guys. They've reinstated my June per-order price of £199.99 for the Black Wii U.

That was so easy to sort out!!

Getting in contact via phone is defiantly the way to go about this.
I had multiple instant chat sessions that really didn't go anywhere, but the lovely gentlemen on the phone was a great help.

While I never had the price "corrected" there and then, I was informed this should be done so within the next 24-36 hours.

MicH

I still can't believe Amazon is honoring these as they have NO obligations to do so. Seeing as so many are getting the prices reinstated, I hope that it's intentional, but I can't shake the fear of them getting cancelled before launch. We'll see, I guess...

kitsuneyo

I just got the email from Amazon saying my June order has been cancelled (even though it was already cancelled).

Any good advice on what to do next?

jdforge

Banned
I just got the email from Amazon saying my June order has been cancelled (even though it was already cancelled).

Any good advice on what to do next?

Call them. Be polite, friendly and explain exactly what's been happening with lots of others having the price honoured.

Edit - Also explain that you don't feel it's unfair that others who ordered the console much later than you had the price honoured too!

liger05

I'm on the phone now and they are not having that. the women doesnt believe me when i'm saying people are having it discounted to £199.00. now holding for supervisor.

Larsen B

Wow. After being in various customer service chats since 5pm, I gave my first call to Amazon just now, got through to a supervisor who asked me to re-order and then changed the price immediately.

Amazon wins again.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I honestly can't believe how simple that was. I had to reorder at £299.99 and the lady discounted my price back to £199.99. So happy that I've got a Wii U preorder in now.
Yep, same here.

Quick question, are people here all trying to get the right orders re-instated? I had the Black Wii on Pre-order, and thus as the Black Wii is the Premium Pack I got that version for £199, but if someone ordered the white one for example, they would need to ask for the Basic pack.

I asked politely and quoted the pre-order price guarantee, and got it sorted very quickly, and as I have a written e-mail confirming the price change and my order is now showing the lower price, I doubt it'll be changed/cancelled.

Great customer service by Amazon really as they could've been completely hardline and rejected any queries flat out so credit to them.
Wow. After being in various customer service chats since 5pm, I gave my first call to Amazon just now, got through to a supervisor who asked me to re-order and then changed the price immediately.

Amazon wins again.

And this helps too. If the higher ups at Amazon are clearing this, then it's very unlikely it'll be reversed. Great news.

MicH

Quick question, are people here all trying to get the right orders re-instated? I had the Black Wii on Pre-order, and thus as the Black Wii is the Premium Pack I got that version for £199, but if someone ordered the white one for example, they would need to ask for the Basic pack..
IIRC only the black version was available for preorder back then.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
IIRC only the black version was available for preorder back then.
Well, that settles that, I honestly wasn't sure what the situation was really or if the white Wii U became available at any point.

All I remember is that I put in that pre-order so quickly earlier in the year because I wanted to lock in that price, and was sorely unhappy when Amazon cancelled. For them to honour that price is a testament to their fantastic customer relations really.

Man, this sucks balls. The supervisor has told me that "Some of the Amazon representatives have mistakenly honoured the item at the lower price and we have already coached those agents on these areas. However, please be informed that we do not honour this item at the lower price."

I knew I should have pressed the matter instead of waiting for the email... :(

jdforge

Banned
Man, this sucks balls. The supervisor has told me that "Some of the Amazon representatives have mistakenly honoured the item at the lower price and we have already coached those agents on these areas. However, please be informed that we do not honour this item at the lower price."

Sorry it didn't work out for you :(

Try again tomorrow? Nothing to lose, right?

Edit - Mine was cleared by a supervisor. So I think the supervisor you got was being unreasonable. I would try again.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I'm in an epic Live Chat now with Amazon customer service. They do not believe that others have had their price adjusted to £199. What can I say now?

jdforge

Banned
I'm in an epic Live Chat now with Amazon customer service. They do not believe that others have had their price adjusted to £199. What can I say now?

Tell them it's unfair that when you placed this order in June amazon cancelled it, but then they reinstated the product at the same previously cancelled price and have honoured the £199.99 price to newer customers, while your order remains cancelled.

Sorry it didn't work out for you :(

Try again tomorrow? Nothing to lose, right?

Edit - Mine was cleared by a supervisor. So I think the supervisor you got was being unreasonable. I would try again.

Yes, I'm still somewhat hopeful... But he seemed to know what he was talking about, so maybe he's telling the truth.

I said "I don't think that many people can plot together to decieve others, even to the point of faking CS chat logs and Amazon emails. I'm not saying you're lying, but maybe I could talk to a supervisor?"

liger05

My bro passed the phone to me and I just had to explain that 5 mins earlier my price was changed and they then told him to re-order and they will reduce the price to £199.00

Its all very strange that they are doing this without any real standard policy saying to reduce all those who pre-ordered in June to get the price honoured.

Tell them it's unfair that when you placed this order in June amazon cancelled it, but then they reinstated the product at the same previously cancelled price and have honoured the £199.99 price to newer customers, while your order remains cancelled.

Thats what I said. I basically said I dont understand what amazon's policy is here and why some people who pre-ordered in June are getting it at £199.00 while others are not and she then had a word with the supervisor.

liger05

Dude my bro also just got his done. He had to re-order but the price change has been reflected.

axisofweevils

This is where I am now.

Me: I just don't believe that all the people that have told me that they ordered in June and their price was upheld after contacting services are lying. If others have it for £199, surely I should be entitled to it? I really do not understand Amazon's policy on this issue.

Customer Service: We can’t offer you a refund for the difference between the prices of this item.
My apologies again for this situation I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to prove the quality of our service to you.

What next? I've just asked to speak to the supervisor.

The_Lump

Banned
They explained to me it's because the original June orders (which were cancelled in June) we're cancelled beause the delivery date was.listed as July. So it was a listing error. After that, they're listed without a date I believe - so there was no such error, just a trigger happy listing I guess.

If it helps anyone, they seemed to be more sympathetic when I asked if they could explain why my order was being treated differently (genuine question as I didn't understand the above at first).

The_Lump

Banned
I think with the amount of people trying, amazon are starting to get their story straight and informing reps not to back down so easy. Fair enough I suppose as they aren't under any obligation to do this as far as I can see, but it's got to be sucky if you missed out.

And to ensure they don't just can the whole thing and cancel everyone's orders we should change this thread title to "Amazon is amazing and is the best place to pre-order anything from. Ever."

Please don't push too hard guys. Make your case, sure, but if Amazon are catching flak from customers they may well just nuke all the 199.99 orders.

jdforge

Banned
I think with the amount of people trying, amazon are starting to get their story straight and informing reps not to back down so easy. Fair enough I suppose as they aren't under any obligation to do this as far as I can see, but it's got to be sucky if you missed out.

And to ensure they don't just can the whole thing and cancel everyone's orders we should change this thread title to "Amazon is amazing and is the best place to pre-order anything from. Ever."

Haha agreed!

axisofweevils

Currently:

Supervisor: Regrettably, we are unable to offer it at 199.99 GBP, as Richelle mentioned. I apologise for this.

Me: Why is my order being treated differently to other people in the same situation? I just don't understand.

Top Bottom