• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 reveal due "in about 90 days"

// Mod Edit: It is possible he meant within since investor calls only happen every 90 days, so even if it was unveiled in 5 days or 50 days they still wouldn't talk to investors until the 90 days from now.

Throw away the key if old.

EA will be revealing more about Battlefield 4 "in about 90 days" time, the publisher has teased - including a potential reveal on next-generation formats.

"We've already talked a little bit about that we have a Battlefield title coming next year, but we're not in a position right now to talk about our development plans and our SKU plan long term," said EA Labels president Frank Gibeau during EA's earnings call last night (transcribed by Seeking Alpha).

"That will come in about 90 days when we get to show you some Battlefield stuff."

Gibeau's comments suggest that EA is gearing up for a late-April reveal for Battlefield 4, weeks after next-generation consoles are expected to be announced by Sony and Microsoft.

Source

derFeef

I am a bit in the dark about BF4 - Any chance for it being set in the future? 2143? I would love that so much.

This is after GDC.

MS & Sony will unveil their systems at GDC. Pubs will finally be able to blow their loads and show all their next gen stuff from then until E3.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm really surprised Sony/MS won't even allow people to say 'next-gen home consoles' or some other euphemism, of course they can't say BF4 is coming to Xbox Kinected or PlayStation Terra, or whatever, but something other than 'we can't tell you the platforms, because we can't say the exist yet', it's seems a bit childish.

I'm really surprised Sony/MS won't even allow people to say 'next-gen home consoles' or some other euphemism, of course they can't say BF4 is coming to Xbox Kinected or PlayStation Terra, or whatever, but something other than 'we can't tell you the platforms, because we can't say the exist yet', it's seems a bit childish.

I agree, but at the same time they don't want to deflate the market / interest in their current consoles so their insistence on avoiding specific talk / mention of next gen consoles makes more sense from that perspective.

still, at least now we have a rough idea for when we might be hearing about those consoles. :D

unless they only reveal the pc version. :(

VeeP

I am a bit in the dark about BF4 - Any chance for it being set in the future? 2143? I would love that so much.

A few details were supposedly leaked, one which states it will most likely have a modern setting:

*Modern Setting

*64 players for PC, Durango, Orbis

*Less for Current-Gen

*Theater Mode

*Etc.

LINK

Sid

I'm sure we''ll see nothing for the next gen consoles till E3 or a week or 2 before that at best.

Dabanton

The BF3 beta must have gone well. :p

Lets hope they've also learned how to make a decent SP because we know it will have one.

I'm sure we''ll see nothing for the next gen consoles till E3 or a week or 2 before that at best.

yeah, I'm thinking it will be the pc version reveal. hopefully it will give us a good idea of what the console versions will look like.

it's actually a good way for ea to circumvent any nda on the next gen console versions. show the pc version that gives a rough idea of what those console versions look like.

Yeah, well, unless it's set in the future (or has a different setting compared to the last BFs) and actually provides something worth playing, I won't bother.

Sid

yeah, I'm thinking it will be the pc version reveal. hopefully it will give us a good idea of what the console versions will look like.

it's actually a good way for ea to circumvent any nda on the next gen console versions. show the pc version that gives a rough idea of what those console versions look like.
Yup announce BF4 without the platforms which will then be revealed at E3.

Dabanton

If they did and had some sort of tactical options on the tablet, i.e. map/supply drops/commands, it would be beyond glorious.

Considering EA's current cold war with Nintendo don't expect anything like that, They'll maybe put a map on the controller if they can be assed.

You think EA is going to waste time on what will be probably be the worst selling version.

For me releasing BF4 so soon after 3 is going to cheapen the brand. A would have liked them to release BF4 only after they can get full benefit of next gen consoles. Having it on Xbox 360 and PS4 will result in too many compromises. Should have released Bad Company this year.

With MoH being put to stud, we can expect a BF game every year.

For me releasing BF4 so soon after 3 is going to cheapen the brand. A would have liked them to release BF4 only after they can get full benefit of next gen consoles. Having it on Xbox 360 and PS4 will result in too many compromises. Should have released Bad Company this year.

I don't think it'll release this year personally. Probably Q1 2014.

Considering EA's current cold war with Nintendo don't expect anything like that, They'll maybe put a map on the controller if they can be assed.

You think EA is going to waste time on what will be probably be the worst selling version.
The notion of it is great though, right?

*waits for the SmartGlass version*

StuBurns

Banned

Nah, BF every other year, Respawn in the free years.

Hindle

Banned
That Chinese report, which I seems to be at least somewhat accurate, listed the platforms as PS3, PS4, 360, next Xbox and PC. Of course there could still be a Wii U version, but there really aren't any signs pointing toward it.

All the comments about the Wii U being in trouble are a bit of an exaggeration as it stands. They won't be if they fail to get games like this on board IMO.

Has it been confirmed for 360/PS3? i thought bf4 would be next gen

Sid

I could've sworn it spoke of three current gen platforms, but it's been a while since I read it. But yeah, it's EA. No support shouldn't be surprising.
It did though that could be PS360 and PC along with the next gen consoles.

A valid question?

I was being sarcastic lol. Slim chance it's coming to Wii U.

Riccitiello briefly addressed the upcoming shift in console generations, commenting that he “wouldn't say that we see much correlation between the results that Nintendo has just shown with their console debut of the Wii U and what we see coming.” He added that “we would argue that what we're describing as Gen 4 is yet to come. And it's with that, we're excited about, and that's what we're investing in.”

Top Bottom