• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 reveal due "in about 90 days"

sorry to bump this thread, but what kind of shit statement is this?

videogamer said:
Battlefield 4 is due to ship between April 2013 and March 2014

There is no chance that BF4 is coming out in 2 months, and what did they get the 2014 date from?

I really wish this wasnt being made for current gen. The maps being designed for 32 players as a baseline will really drag the quality of them down by some margin.

I really wish this wasnt being made for current gen. The maps being designed for 32 players as a baseline will really drag the quality of them down by some margin.

agreed. I know they want the ps3/360 sales, but they should drop it considering it will look very watered down :/

Next year? So BF4 won't come out this? Surprised their are letting COD own the year.

where does it say next year confirmed?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Next year? So BF4 won't come out this? Surprised their are letting COD own the year.

That "2014" date is just them saying this fiscal year. I'd almost guarantee it's out this fall. Maybe even a launch game. Main platforms Orbis, Durango, PC. Cross gen on WiiU, 360, PS3.

Vita pls EA

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
sorry to bump this thread, but what kind of shit statement is this?

There is no chance that BF4 is coming out in 2 months, and what did they get the 2014 date from?

Fiscal 2014 is April 2013 - March 2014.

The game will be out in the holiday quarter (Q3) which runs from October-December 2013.

Nestunt

Just make it the most graphically astonishing game of 2014 by porting it to PS4

supposedly FB2 was thought for that

yup, Karl Troedsson said at E3 2011 that FB2 was made with next-gen in mind but worked fine with ps3/x360

A lot of the early boasts about terrain and building deformation were shelved for BF3, though I assume they're still in the engine (even the BF3 beta has more deformation than the final product). If they slam a load of that stuff in, it'll at least be a very different product to the other shooters out there.

A lot of the early boasts about terrain and building deformation were shelved for BF3, though I assume they're still in the engine (even the BF3 beta has more deformation than the final product). If they slam a load of that stuff in, it'll at least be a very different product to the other shooters out there.

Actually i think it was the alpha that had terrain def but got removed for beta. People were disappointed.

Actually i think it was the alpha that had terrain def but got removed for beta. People were disappointed.

I remember repeatedly falling through the floor of Paris, I don't remember whether it was the alpha or beta. When it worked it was great, but it seemed to me that the problems were bugs rather than horsepower. Though perhaps the bugs were caused by low-accuracy calculations as a result of the low horsepower, I don't know!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Really pumped for this. I know the game will likely hit current gen as well but I hope they can really make progress in destruction given that it's mainly targeting PC and next gen.

haikira

I predict we'll see something like this again, for current and next gen consoles.

1kxura.png

Z_Y_W_Y

Banned
Isn't it too early for BF4? BF3 was released not so time ago, and that game was rushed as f***, and the latest DLC haven't even come out yet, and considering BF4 will be multi-multi-platform (PC, next-gen and current-gen) they'll need hell of a time to finish and polish it. But oh well, it's EA after all, what to expect.

Remember : PC -> consoles = death of a franchise. See CoD, Battlefield, Crysis next?

Dunno, I'd go as far as saying that focusing on consoles was a blessing for CoD. BF(3) on the other hand should never been released on consoles, or at least with totally different maps, because some are way too big for console 24 players and some are to small for PCs 64, same for DLCs, one were made for consoles and other for PCs. As for Crysis, it was a never a good game to start with, especially in MP which is core focus of this-gen, navertheless the game sold pretty well, better than 1st Crysis in same period that's for sure.

haikira

Isn't it too early for BF4? BF3 was released not so time ago, and that game was rushed as f***, and the latest DLC haven't even come out yet, and considering BF4 will be multi-multi-platform (PC, next-gen and current-gen) they'll need hell of a time to finish and polish it. But oh well, it's EA after all, what to expect.

I imagine it'll be an evolution rather than a revolution. Also, one can dream it'll be multiplayer only. But i'm sure they'll have to tick that checkbox again.

For the graphics on nextgen hardware, they can actually afford the frostbite 2 engine some breathing space at last. I'm pretty sure the equivalent of BF3 maxed out on a PC, would be perfectly acceptable as a launch window release for next gen.

shogunduk

I'm not letting myself get hyped for this after the disappointment that was BF3. I'll consider playing it if it's closer to BF2 than BF3 was, but that's unlikely to be the case. They should cut the bullshit and just call it Bad Company 3, because that's exactly what it will be.

Radec

Remember : PC -> consoles = death of a franchise. See CoD, Battlefield, Crysis next?

Yep. They died selling millions on the console version - -_-.

Crysis was a mediocre franchise to begin with though. I doubt it'll change next gen.

Hindle

Banned
What are the new rumoured gameplay features for this? It will be my first in the series so Yea i can't bloody wait.

Bob White

Thought BF3 was great...played Planetside 2...now I think BF3 is hot garbage.

BF3 is a fucking choke point filled joke. I'm hoping for more in BF 4 but, probably will be even more COD than ever.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Thought BF3 was great...played Planetside 2...now I think BF3 is hot garbage.

BF3 is a fucking choke point filled joke. I'm hoping for more in BF 4 but, probably will be even more COD than ever.
BF3 isn't really one thing. It's turned into an ecosystem of loosely connected communities focused around different maps and game types. Armored Fury is about as far from CoD as you can get.

Uh by the time BF4 comes out it's been 2 years. In this industry a two year cycle is nothing unusual. Btw CoD does just fine with yearly releases.

hell Uncharted 2 & 3 have only two years between them.

LukeTim

I would personally like to see a return to Vietnam... As controversial as the subject matter is, it gives an excuse for another excellent soundtrack.

Also, I guess it's gonna be on Frostbite 3.0? Can't wait to see how amazing that looks. Hoping for better destruction too.

Whompa

Here's hoping this is not an announcement to a 25 second youtube video of the tools being used and developers involved and then a quick flash of the Battlefield 4 title card and a "coming soon"

RooMHM

Yep. They died selling millions on the console version - -_-.

Crysis was a mediocre franchise to begin with though. I doubt it'll change next gen.
Thank you for pushing my opinion better than I ever could. Crysis is the most interesting fps (or game) this generation.

I of course meant killing it/them in what matters the most : gameplay (and competitivity?).

Top Bottom