• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Scramble U coming to Wii U

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The latest installment in the Pokémon Scramble series, known as Pokémon Rumble in the West, is to be released on the Wii U, it was revealed in CoroCoro today.

The game, which will be download-only, will feature all 649 Pokémon of generations I-V, and support up to four players. Up to 100 Pokémon will be able to battle at the same time.

Source: Bulbagarden (they have you know what so I dunno if I can link to them).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
....poor WiiU :-/

GAF: "Pokemon Snap on WiiU would be a perfect match !!!"
Nintendo: "Here another shitty spin-off ...."

Well, it's not the spin-off game I was expecting, but I'll take what ever they're going to give me at this point. ^^;;; Hopefully there will still be a Pokémon Snap U coming in the future.

sakipon

Disappointed. I finished the Rumble game on 3DS and while it was fun, I'm not ready to go back to it yet. Was hoping for Snap or Battle Stadium-like game. Or Pinball. Or a TCG. Or any Pokemon spinoff that would feel a bit more fresh.

Disappointed. I finished the Rumble game on 3DS and while it was fun, I'm not ready to go back to it yet. Was hoping for Snap or Battle Stadium-like game. Or Pinball. Or a TCG. Or any Pokemon spinoff that would feel a bit more fresh.
Maybe they are saving those this DL only and coming out in the spring. Hopefully its stateside by spring too. Spring is next month Nintendo btw

Download only?

On a hardware locked digital distribution platform?

Laughing_Data.jpg

Same old shitty artstyle confirmed. :(

EDIT: Not waiting until X and Y are out and including those Pokemon is a... strange choice.

Not waiting until X and Y is out is not a strange choice. Gamers are super hungry for Pokemon because of X and Y. They are way more likely to buy Rumble U during this hunger than after their main course.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Now that I think about it, this is the first Nintendo title for Wii U eShop.

this is a totally different discussion.
there's nothing strange in seeing Nintendo release an ehsop game on its own platform, especially with the Rumble series that started as a Wiiware game

Just saying that they chose to go down this route with their first Pokemon game for the system when a multitude of better alternatives would have garnered a more positive response.

Super Pokemon Rumble was pretty fun, and I actually think the art style is cute, but I really don't need to play another one of these. Would get enough out of going back and playing more of the 3DS game if I ever felt the need.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Now that I think about it, this is the first Nintendo title for Wii U eShop.

The first eShop exclusive title, yes.
After the Pokedex 3D Pro i wonder how much they`ll charge for it - 2.500 Yen ? lol

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Just saying that they chose to go down this route with their first Pokemon game for the system when a multitude of better alternatives would have garnered a more positive response.

sorry but...
One thing is saying: "I would have preferred another Pokemon game!"
Another thing is saying: "What in the blue hell!? They are releasing a Pokemon game "usually" (considering its root) DD on their eshop!? They are crazy considering that their service is hardware-based and not related to a ID"

I'd preferred a Pokemon Colosseum retail for Wii U. That doesn't chance that choosing the DD route for Rumble, and choosing Pokemon as their first eshop title, does a lot of sense.

watershed

Banned
Wasn't there a download only Scramble for the Wii also or something like that? Small stuff like this is nice but it ain't gonna change the Wii U's outlook.

sorry but...
One thing is saying: "I would have preferred another Pokemon game!"
Another thing is saying: "What in the blue hell!? They are releasing a Pokemon game "usually" (considering its root) DD on their eshop!? They are crazy considering that their service is hardware-based and not related to a ID"

I'd preferred a Pokemon Colosseum retail for Wii U. That doesn't chance that choosing the DD route for Rumble, and choosing Pokemon as their first eshop title, does a lot of sense.

As in: My interest for this game, while already low is now Data_laughing.jpg levels of dead because it's DD only.

It was a two fold complaint: 1: Really guys? Scramble U? and 2: It's DD only on a Wii U? Whatever interest it could have held is now gone.

beje

Banned
The first eShop exclusive title, yes.
After the Pokedex 3D Pro i wonder how much they`ll charge for it - 2.500 Yen ? lol

The first Pokémon Rumble was already overpriced at 15€, which was the maximum price for WiiWare (and I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to charge 20€ or 30€ for it initially) and they threw Rumble Blast at full MSRP so I wouldn't be surprised if they go crazy on the pricing again.

Wasn't there a download only Scramble for the Wii also or something like that? Small stuff like this is nice but it ain't gonna change the Wii U's outlook.
At least It was announced in a magazine not in a major events,

Later this Year at E3 2013
Reggie: We have one last announcement before we leave you today,
<Pokemon Scramble U video starts>

Honestly, the only thing I'm disappointed about is that it's not 5 players. I was hoping there'd be some asynchronous gameplay in this somehow.

Top Bottom