• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Scramble U coming to Wii U

JoeM86

"Hey we have the opportunity to announce a pokemon game for the Wii U, a decent Pokemon game would bring in some sales"

announces Scramble...
WTF NO.

It's actually one of the best selling spin-offs. 3DS one being one of the first games to hit 1 million, the Wii one was consistantly at the top of Wii Shop charts

Qurupeke

It's actually one of the best selling spin-offs. 3DS one being one of the first games to hit 1 million, the Wii one was consistantly at the top of Wii Shop charts

The Wii one was actually one of the top selling WiiWare games. Great game.

MrT-Tar

IIRC the 3DS game sold well, so I (for one) think this is a good move.

That's not to say I wouldn't have far preferred an NFC enabled Pokemon TCG game though

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I played it again when it was released on Wii and it still holds up, it's really just a great game in my opinion, but it seems I'm not alone in this one.

I certainly think it's better than a button masher with graphics from Pokemon Ranch Channel, at least in Snap you got to see Pokemon in their natural habitats. The models were actually better in an N64 game then the chibified ones in that game.

Anything is better than Rumble Blast.

Really, people need to set a higher goal. You know, like Pokemon Pinball U? TCG U?

Fuck nostalgia, I played this in 08 or whenever the VC version came out. You're fucking wrong, man. It's neat.

Besides, you've pretty much given the reason for sequel desire anyway. It could be so much more.

I was pretty bored when I played it :/

This series is simple, but I found it to be fun, even more with more players.. i might pick this up if the price is reasonable. It not like this takes a large amount of resources to make. I'm glad to see Nintendo is a least starting to announce for the eshop.

"Hey we have the opportunity to announce a pokemon game for the Wii U, a decent Pokemon game would bring in some sales"

announces Scramble...
WTF NO.

Hey man, Ambrella is a very small developer, they can't work on big fancy projects. They just do small Pokemon spinoffs like this one.

AntMurda

How much longer until Nintendo caves and gives the fans the all generations, all regions console MMO they beg for all the time?

Pokemon MMO is the brain child of a bunch of fat dudes wearing kirby t-shirts that think the game will sell billions and save Nintendo. The truth is that this fictitious idea would sell significantly less than the hand-held main line games and cost much more to make. After all, what publisher is not dying to invest millions into a console MMO after FFIV and DQX....

Effect

Really like the game but i hope the wii U sees something else pokemon related :/.

Really doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. Unless they decide to do another game similar to Gale of Darkness. What we can hope is that once Wii U/3DS connectivity is fully up and running we might be able to play Pokemon X/Y on it the way you could play past games with a gameboy(advance) player. The sales for the Pokemon main series are clearly on the portable.

People say they want a Pokemon Snap but I really don't think that would do well today. It was a novel idea back when it came out but don't think there is really a market for that type of game now. Perhaps part of a larger package that include other things. Which does beg the question why haven't they actually done that yet? They could make it apart of something else and not simply it's own thing.

I haven't played any of the Rumble games but might buy this just to buy it. I've been buying a lot more from the eShop on the 3DS and going to really start buying from the Wii U eShop at the end of the week. Nano Assault, Trine 2, and Little Inferno will be my first purchases. Maybe also the single player focused DLC for AC3 that is out too if still have fun messing around in AC3 later this week.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Pokemon MMO is the brain child of a bunch of fat dudes wearing kirby t-shirts that think the game will sell billions and save Nintendo. The truth is that this fictitious idea would sell significantly less than the hand-held main line games and cost much more to make. After all, what publisher is not dying to invest millions into a console MMO after FFIV and DQX....

Finally, someone with a sense about the idea. Hell, there's no need to put a kirby shirt since they aren't even that into it at all!

Kokonoe

Banned
It won't sell well? All Pokemon games sell because it's Pokemon, it really doesn't matter what they make, but something much more interesting than a button masher without all the great things that make button mashers great I believe would sell more.

Actually, Pokemon Snap was honestly the perfect casual and although I hate to use this term, 'hardcore' mix. It had something most people would enjoy. Experiencing Pokemon in their habitat and interacting with them, tricky camera shots that awarded you, and alternate things you could do in the level to change the outcome so you could progress. Taking photos of Pokemon for those who just wanted to do that in relax was perfect for the casual crowd, and with the Wii U Game Pad I could see it being much more awesome with what they can do. The controller was almost made for this game, they need to do it.

Kokonoe

Banned
Being one of the best Pokemon spinoffs isn't exactly a hard to receive accolade. And besides, that's Pinball, and you know it.

My favorites are Stadium 1 and 2, but as for non battle simulators..I suppose Pokemon Snap is my favorite, but Pokemon Pinball is great too. I never got to try the Ruby and Sapphire one, however.

sakipon

And Pokémon Snap will need to be completely coded as a new game, using the Gamepad at its fullest (theorically); Scramble U basically is a Pokémon Scramble Wii sequel with likely the same base code. So it can be released quickly for the new digital platform, and it doesn't mean "no Pokémon Snap U, one day".
What's wrong with that? We often had Pokémon spin-offs early in the hardwares lifespan. Remember Pokémon Dash on DS for example.

In short, I'm cool with this announce.

This kind of plan would be alright if done right. Nintendo did it right with Zelda. We are getting a glorious new Zelda but while waiting we can have a quick HD version of Wind Waker.

Similarly I'd be fine with a quick Scramble sequel if I knew there was something better and original incoming.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
First one was good fun, and my younger brothers loved it. Hopefully they don't do something stupid with the controllers like NSMBU(needing 2 wiimotes to play 2 player).

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
100 pokemon at once?
image.php

Uh huh...

Explain this then:

http://jp.linkedin.com/pub/hideto-kobayashi/24/25b/bb2

Planner/Assistant director,Console game
Paxsoftnica Co.,Ltd
August 1993 – February 2000 (6 years 7 months)

About company
PC-game software,Video game development
The software of the game of Nintendo was produced in this company. [Nintendo's second Party]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was doing the assistant director and the planner.
*This company doesn't exist any longer.

And take a closer look at that website.

http://www.softnica.com/work/index.html

There hasn't been anything new on this list since October 2005.

Site says it last updated in Dec. o_O

There's so few information about this company that anything I say would be conjecture, but I'm not at all convinced this is still an operating company.

You're going to have to give me some external evidence outside of that sketchy website that shows they actually still exist.

There's so few information about this company that anything I say would be conjecture, but I'm not at all convinced this is still an operating company.

You're going to have to give me some external evidence outside of that sketchy website that shows they actually still exist.

It was just a simple Google find, so you probably win THIS TIME!!!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This will be far better than the 3DS game, if only because it'll have co-op play that doesn't require multiple copies of the game. I hope they stick a bit more polish and variety in it too, but a pie in the sky wish if this is being developed by Ambrella.

Box

It's Ambrella so it's not like they're wasting any resources on this.

Really, you guys don't want Ambrella making Pokemon Snap.

I loved that game, Bulbasaur stirfry all day every day.

Exploring that Autumn Woods (forget the name) was amazing, collecting shit. Felt the most like an open world Pokemon game. The area with the Oddish was great too.

Channel robbed us of the exploration and vocal communication, at least the TV was pretty fun, incorporate both in a HYP2.

qq more

Exploring that Autumn Woods (forget the name) was amazing, collecting shit. Felt the most like an open world Pokemon game. The area with the Oddish was great too.

Channel robbed us of the exploration and vocal communication, at least the TV was pretty fun, incorporate both in a HYP2.

I remember when I got to that area, Pikachu somehow ended up eating an Oddish! I still can't believe that happened. What a bizarre game...

Top Bottom