• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broken Age (Double Fine Adventure) "The Reveal" mini-series on Gametrailers

thefro

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/r2l7om/broken-age-the-reveal---part-1

This is the first footage of the game they've released to non-backers. Pretty interesting to see the game preview process as well.

Also, if you weren't a backer, they've put up a couple highlight videos edited together from the excellent documentary series, basically going through the development of the game so far.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/69ck29/broken-age-double-fine-adventure--part-1
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/pfqwb7/double-fine-adventure-double-fine-adventure--part-2

jediyoshi

Funny how no one really cares about this game anymore. :p

There's only so much to discuss about a game so far out, already busy week for games otherwise.
Even they've taken breaks from it with things like Brutal Legend PC and the gamejam streams.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Now that BioShock Infinite is released this is my number one most sought after game. Bring it to me.

sTeLioSco

Banned
Note the post timings:

OP: (Today, 04:51 PM)
First Reply: (Today, 06:45 PM)

because many discussion were had for this game and backers saw videos like this ages ago.......

whenever a specific thread for a game doesn't get replies it means no-one cares for that game?

thefro

A few screencaps from the video (which are all filmed off a monitor, so obviously not the best quality)

Z2pui33.jpg

tLNGV4v.jpg

IJqrj52.jpg

eR1E5Np.jpg

Very interesting seeing the preview process. I've spent so much time watching the developers it was kinda weird seeing the games press come in.

which is ironic since I'm normally following the games press

megalowho

That mountain of cookie, chocolate and banana looks delicious and menacing. Nathan Stapley is a really creative and unique artist, if this game is him just running wild it's going to be a visual treat.

The documentary is the best. I love what 2PP and Double Fine did with the series.

Can't wait to play this game, so glad I backed this.

Instro

That first screenshot looks pretty nice, the rest is harder to judge.

That's because they are all unfinished screens seen in the documentary, if the last one wasn't a big clue considering its not colored yet lol. The top one is the closest to complete, as it is the area they have mostly finished at this point.

Salsa

Bagel is an amazing artist, I really like how it looks and I can only expect for it to be even better on its final form.

Anyway, cool that they're doing this. Non-backers have been missing an amazing journey.

also it's still really early guys

tokkun

Funny how no one really cares about this game anymore. :p

There is maybe 10 seconds of actual game footage in that video. The rest is just documentary, which is the stuff I really do not care about. Wait until we get a video that actually gives us a sense of what the game is before decrying the lack of enthusiasm.

what the hell kind of flash games are you playing?

Well, there's Machinarium.

The last picture is work in progress with placeholder graphics. I think it should be removed from the other pictures, since it gives the wrong impression of the graphics.

You're literally walking into paintings. Can not wait. They gave out a supposed release date in the backer videos, but maybe only us backers can talk about it. ;)

Sloane

Banned
I really dislike the artstyle.
Yeah, looks like a cheap Eastern European cartoon I watched as a kid in the 80s. Dunno why they chose it but that's pretty much the reason why I've stopped following development of the game. Guess I'll eventually play it though. :jnc

Old-school font and pointer is cool though.

Top Bottom