• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Escha & Logy confirmed for PS3

raven777

from this week's flying get.

The Project A15 atelier title is called "Eska&Rosy's Atelier Alchemist of Dusk and Sky

2 main characters

Eska is female, Rosy is male

it has 2 line battle system with 3 party members in front, 3 in the back. So total 6 party members. You can switch the line around during the battle.

The first print will include PS2 game Mana Khemia 2

I don't know the exact way to spell those characters so it might not be accurate.

raven777

they are not telling who will feature from Aeysha, but most likely you will see a lot of old faces because its set in same universe.

I was literally just thinking about Atelier Iris 2 & Mana Khemia 2's duo protagonist system yesterday and how much I liked it.

Hopefully the guy's design is good.

Rarutos

Sounds like Mana-Khemia. I wonder if it means that 3 characters are "support" while 3 are actually out in the field, or if all 6 are out.

raven777

Sounds like Mana-Khemia. I wonder if it means that 3 characters are "support" while 3 are actually out in the field, or if all 6 are out.

from the explanation it seems all 6 characters are in the battle, but only 3 from front line can attack.

Rarutos

from the explanation it seems all 6 characters are in the battle, but only 3 from front line can attack.

...Which sounds like Mana-Khemia. Since that had 6 characters technically in battle with three on the front lines, but you switch them out with support skills and whatnot.

Also the topic title would be a bit confusing to some people who don't know the series too well, and should be Atelier Eska & Rosie.

raven777

...Which sounds like Mana-Khemia. Since that had 6 characters technically in battle with three on the front lines, but you switch them out with support skills and whatnot.

maybe its closely related, and thats why they are giving out Mana-Khemia2!

Though I wonder if this time the supporting characters will take a more active role instead of just switching in.

Rarutos

maybe its closely related, and thats why they are giving out Mana-Khemia2!

The only reason I'd see it being related per se would be with the similar battle system and the two protagonists. (Also Rosie sounds like Roze, and they're both males) I'm a bit surprised by this news, but I'm sure many will be pleased.

Though I wonder if this time the supporting characters will take a more active role instead of just switching in.
I was wondering that as well!

Rosie is a male.

say-what.gif

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
The actual names seem to be

エスカ メーリエ
ロジックス フィクサリオ

And they're using Koei's Musou Engine instead of PhyreEngine (???!!!).

Rarutos

エスカ メーリエ
ロジックス フィクサリオ

The best I can do is Eska Merrie (Esuka Meirie) and Rosikkuse Ficsario. (Rojikkusu Fikusario)

エスカ メーリエ
ロジックス フィクサリオ

That's an interesting switch. I expect that this will change the cutscenes more than the battles unless they make them more flashly.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
That's an interesting switch. I expect that this will change the cutscenes more than the battles unless they make them more flashly.

I like what they have been doing with PE though...I hope using the Koei engine keeps the game pretty.

LuuKyK

Why is it Twilight Hour 2 though if there is no game before it with this subtitle? Or are they considering Ayesha Twilight Hour 1?

Rarutos

I hope he has blue hair, glasses, and a hat. ESPECIALLY THE HAT.

Why is it Twilight Hour 2 though if there is no game before it with this subtitle? Or are they considering Ayesha Twilight Hour 1?

Siliconera translated it to "The Alchemist of Dusk and Sky" so I'm not sure what the subtitle is at this point.

raven777

Aesyha is twilight hour 1.

Actually in Japanese title its not exactly twilight 1, but it is definitely sequel of aesyha.

The direct translation would be Alchemist of Twlight sky

Rarutos

Aesyha is twilight hour 1.

Actually in Japanese title its not exactly twilight 1, but it is definitely sequel of aesyha.

The direct translation would be Alchemist of Twlight sky

Uhm, the vocal album for Ayesha was called Twilight Hour. Ayesha was the Alchemist of the Ground of Dusk in Japan.

Thinking about it, I guess it makes sense that Ayesha was Ground and this is Sky.

raven777

Uhm, the vocal album for Ayesha was called Twilight Hour. Ayesha was the Alchemist of the Ground of Dusk in Japan.

Thinking about it, I guess it makes sense that Ayesha was Ground and this is Sky.

my bad. But what is difference between Dusk and twilight? It gives same translation in Japanese and in my native language.

If the first title was called Grounds of Dusk, then it must be dusk I guess. Will change OP.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah There's no Hour in the title. It's more like Alchemist of the Sky of Dusk. Whereas Ayesha was the Alchemist of The Land Of Dusk.

Rarutos

my bad. But what is difference between Dusk and Sky? It gives same translation in Japanese and in my native language.

If the first title was called Grounds of Dusk, then it must be dusk I guess. Will change OP.

Dusk is like the time of day where the sun is setting. I know 黄昏 can also be translated as Twilight, as some people were translating the Ayesha as The Alchemist of Twilight Land...

Rarutos

I actually wish the dude could have been the alchemist. They only did this once in Atelier Iris 1.

I'm pretty sure they'll both be alchemists, since according to Siliconera you are going to choose your main protagonist and I assume it'll be like Mana-Khemia 2 where they have their own separate stories.

I'm pretty sure they'll both be alchemists, since according to Siliconera you are going to choose your main protagonist and I assume it'll be like Mana-Khemia 2 where they have their own separate stories.

Even better. The details for this game have just started to come out and I'm already hyped for it.

Rarutos

I guess my definition of alchemist was basically the primary item tosser/healer in battle which was what the lead for AI1 was.

Well, everyone could use items in Mana-Khemia IIRC... So yeah. Now that I think about it, Keithgriff can't use items. HE'S A FRAUD.

Well, everyone could use items in Mana-Khemia IIRC... So yeah. Now that I think about it, Keithgriff can't use items. HE'S A FRAUD.

I guess Mana-Khemia games were different as everyone was basically an alchemist even your weird space aliens or whatever. Jessica from the first game is the closest thing to being the role of an Atelier alchemist in battle, being the main healer and actually able to create items on the spot.

There are not enough beefy male protagonists in Japanese games in my opinion!
I don't care. Japanese games are my escape from that stuff.

If I was a fan of characters like that I'd play those Western games that have them.

I don't want that aesthetic invading my Japanese games. That aesthetic difference is one of the things that makes me generally prefer Japanese video games. I don't buy and enjoy Japanese video games just because they're Japanese. I buy them because I don't enjoy putting up with manly dudes to play a video game.

When Western developers subvert this norm with games like They Bleed Pixels, I jump right on that.
Most JRPG leads are lithe young gentlemen/douchebags. I want some meat.
I do want less dumb boys. But what I'd want to see more of is female protagonists.

Not freaking Duke Nukem. As much as I hate dumb boys, I'll take that over dude dudes anyday. The testosterone levels in my gaming industry are too damn high!

Rarutos

If I was a fan of characters like that I'd play those Western games that have them.

I don't want that aesthetic invading my Japanese games. That aesthetic difference is one of the things that makes me generally prefer video games. I don't buy and enjoy Japanese video games just because they're Japanese. I buy them because I don't enjoy putting up with manly dudes to play a video game.

When Western developers subvert this norm with games like They Bleed Pixels, I jump right on that.

I don't understand why you're coming in here to complain about this in the first place when it doesn't contribute to the conversation about this game.

I don't see how it contributes any less than someone saying a male protagonist is awesome.

Someone said they liked it and I just wanted to share my own opinion. That's all.

But I guess I'll show myself out.

I don't want that aesthetic invading my Japanese games. That aesthetic difference is one of the things that makes me generally prefer video games. I don't buy and enjoy Japanese video games just because they're Japanese. I buy them because I don't enjoy putting up with manly dudes to play a video game.

I do want less dumb boys. But what I'd want to see more of is female protagonists.

Not freaking Duke Nukem. As much as I hate dumb boys, I'll take that over dude dudes anyday.
The Atelier series is overflowing with female leads, I don't think it's gonna hurt to have the choice of a male protagonist.

I mainly prefer Japanese style games too, but I also like to have some nice muscular & handsome male characters to use/look at instead of the usual scrawny yet inexplicably strong guy trope.

While western games might overdose on space marines, Japanese games tend to do the opposite. I like it when both styles branch out.

In this game, we already have a (hopefully) interesting female lead, I'm just hoping that the guy is just as appealing.

I don't see how it contributes any less than someone saying a male protagonist is awesome.

Someone said they liked it and I just wanted to share my own opinion. That's all.

But I guess I'll show myself out.
Don't feel like you have to leave just because we have differing opinions. We're all excited about the game and should feel free to express whatever opinion we want to. It certainly doesn't bother me that other people may feel differently than me.

Top Bottom