• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Escha & Logy confirmed for PS3

Do want, I adore Mana Khemia too - the funniest game ever.
We will never see this in english, won't we? :(
Why not? We've gotten almost everything else so far.

I think mainline entries would be the releases we can depend on the most. Hopefully TK will treat the next release with a bit more deference than Ayesha and Totori+.

Rarutos

Do want, I adore Mana Khemia too - the funniest game ever.
We will never see this in english, won't we? :(

Well... TK Europe is pushing Atelier at least... So if it comes out there we can import? :(

Though I don't see any reason why it wouldn't come out here unless TK really doesn't care about Atelier.

Arthea

Why not? We've gotten almost everything else so far.

I think mainline entries would be the releases we can depend on the most. Hopefully TK will treat the next release with a bit more deference than Ayesha and Totori+.

I still am bitter about Marie, Elie, Lilie, Judie, Lise, Lina etc. I'm sure still forgetting some. We don't get all Atelier games. As I understand it, we mostly get what is considered mainline, if we can call that mainline and odd some other games as Mana Khemia subseries, which I'm immensely thankful for, seeing as it is in my top 20 favourites of all times.

raven777

The official spelling of the name is

Atelier Escha & Logy

The full names are:

Escha Malier

and

Logix Ficsario

anyway, from the scans the graphics look INCREDIBLE

Mondriaan

The Atelier series is overflowing with female leads, I don't think it's gonna hurt to have the choice of a male protagonist.
I think that if it weren't the case that there are far too few games with female protagonists you might have a point.

Kokonoe

Banned
I think that if it weren't the case that there are far too few games with female protagonists you might have a point.

Doesn't really matter that they are female when they are portrayed like this.

366znFg.jpg

Arthea

I like female alchemists, it makes sense! Having 2 leads female and male, as in older Atelier games or MK2 doesn't hurt either.

Doesn't really matter that they are female when they are portrayed like this.

horrible.pic
you had to do this, hadn't you?
I don't like new "direction" of Atelier games, we could do without all this crap that's infesting anime *sighs*.
I liked Atelier innocent, decent and fun. Maybe I'm just too old for some tendencies.

jiggle

hard to tell, but looks like the background finally got better lighting/more contrast
the character model still looks good

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
...God damn it, I just got the pun.

Japanese word for "and" is "to".

So in Japanese it's Escha to Logy.

Eschatology.

LayLa

Doesn't really matter that they are female when they are portrayed like this

I think you are being a bit unfair there, that's the only time in Totori when something that fanservicey happens and its a one-off still image after you beat an (optional?) boss. Would i rather it was not in the game? yes. It's not exactly representative of the game though.

Arthea

Scans look nice, I love Escha. Being able to choose one of the two characters to play as is pretty interesting for an Atelier title.

You can choose between male and female in Mana Khemia 2. And you switch between male and female in Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny.

I think he will still use alchemy, just not that good at it at the beginning I guess.

Well, most certainly he will use some, it's not new for Atelier games, males being more of a fighters than alchemists if at all.

Arthea

Must buy first print. Mana Khemia 2 never came to Europe.

I have Mana Khemia 2, still would buy first print, but for that... it has to be in english. Who I should pray to for this to happen?
I assume that this Mana Khemia 2 will be playable on PS3, mine isn't :(

kswiston

I think you are being a bit unfair there, that's the only time in Totori when something that fanservicey happens and its a one-off still image after you beat an (optional?) boss. Would i rather it was not in the game? yes. It's not exactly representative of the game though.

There was the swimsuit competition thing, but ya. Two 5 minute segments out of a 35 hour game. Both of which are missable I think.

Soriku

Wow, anime-style graphics have come a long way. 6 party members in battle is also rare for an RPG.

Looks pretty cool.

LayLa

There was the swimsuit competition thing, but ya. Two 5 minute segments out of a 35 hour game. Both of which are missable I think.

first time i've heard of a swimsuit competition so that was definitely missable!
Escha's rice themed accessories still looking kinda daft, really intrigued by how much they seem to be changing the formula. no way that PS2 extra is making it to the EU though.

LayLa

Gematsu has more details [link removed because of scans]

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemist of Dusk Sky is due out on July 27 in Japan for 7,140 yen.

Lip syncing and eye movement features that were not able to be implemented in Atelier Ayesha will also be present. The alchemy system will be based on Atelier Ayesha, but there will be new elements based on player feedback. A guide will be included for beginners.

First-run copies of Atelier Escha & Logy will include a download code for the PS2 Classic Mana Khemia 2. A limited edition is planned for 10,290 yen, but its contents have yet to be detailed.

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemist of Dusk Sky is due out on July 27

Like clockwork. I guess since they're so small they have to be very efficient. But a lot of other devs could learn something from Gust when it comes to release dates and game announcements.

raven777

Like clockwork. I guess since they're so small they have to be very efficient. But a lot of other devs could learn something from Gust when it comes to release dates and game announcements.

I am pretty sure that quote about date is wrong. I think its 6/27, no 7.27

7Th

you had to do this, hadn't you?
I don't like new "direction" of Atelier games, we could do without all this crap that's infesting anime *sighs*.
I liked Atelier innocent, decent and fun. Maybe I'm just too old for some tendencies.

Ayesha is pretty wholesome.

OceanBlue

I am pretty sure that quote about date is wrong. I think its 6/27, no 7.27

Even better! I'm kinda surprised we're getting details only three months before release. It didn't feel that way for Ayesha. Are GUST games usually like this?

Hopefully we get a nice website and some teasers soon.

Vanille

Was really hoping we'd get an older protag again instead of the usual blatant pandering. I suppose this was set in stone after Ayesha's lukewarm reception, though.

First Atelier game I skip this gen.

raven777

If this gets JP voice if it comes over to the US, I will be geting it. But that means I will be skipping Aeysha and play second one right away. I hope it doesn't really hurt the story.

If this gets JP voice if it comes over to the US, I will be geting it. But that means I will be skipping Aeysha and play second one right away. I hope it doesn't really hurt the story.

If it is anything like the move from Rorona to Totori, you'll probably miss out on some references to Aeysha but I can't imagine it'll hurt the story.

Talaysen

Mana Khemia is easily my favorite subseries for combat, so if they're taking inspiration from that, only good things can happen.

Logy's (or whatever his name is) design is pretty meh. Hopefully the supporting cast will have nicer designs.

The supporting cast of Ayesha was pretty awesome overall, so I'm hoping this will be the same.

Top Bottom