• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FYI: Demon's Souls free on US PS+ starting tomorrow

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Claim it now: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/cid=UP0005-NPUB30910_00-DEMONSSOULSDIGUS

I guess most of us have no excuses now

8600357423_6af397abd3_z.jpg

I want it to be the Asian version!

So my save works lol. I only got maybe an hour into the NA version, but I've beaten the HK version three times.

joe2187

Banned
didn't they kill the online servers though?

You cant kill Demons souls

every year they say they're dropping the servers and every year it brings in so many players online during the last month that they extend it another year....now it's undying.

Drago

My friend gave me a German copy of the game 2 or 3 months ago (it's in english), didn't play too much of it. Died a bunch. lol

I'll get to it eventually. Excellent bonus for Plus owners though, I gotta join soon!

FluxWaveZ

Audίoboxer;52324218 said:
Demons Souls > Dark Souls.

I really want Demons Souls 2.

Dark Souls is good, but this is how I feel. Demon's Souls online component also functioned much better.

Orayn

You cant kill Demons souls

every year they say they're dropping the servers and every year it brings in so many players online during the last month that they extend it another year....now it's undying.

The final deadline was about to arrive, a Game Informer editor tweeted Sony about how fans were really going to miss it, and now current shutdown date is "never."

Why aren't there more people playing online?

I keep getting my ass handed to me by Old Monk, aka some douchebag who firestorms me the moment I cross the fog. Can I summon help for that fight?

Promise me that you won't play it for 30 seconds, die and quit to complain on GAF. Once the game clicks, it clicks goood. :)

I haven't played a game like Demon's Soul before, so I am not sure what my feelings will be. I remember digging Knights of the Old Republic's story, then using cheats to get through the dull combat sections. I don't like hard games :/

I wish Atlus was involved with Dark Souls 2. :( now that they're going back to a dedicated server I'm worried it won't be as long lived and well managed as Atlus' for Demon's.

That's a given. Just have to take the good along with the bad. Dark Souls support won't survive more than a year or two after Dark Souls II is released.

Eusis

Huh, I liked Demon's Souls so much I already bought it digitally... and it STILL doesn't seem as if that was a mistake. Anyone who hasn't played it seriously should at least try it.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Nice.

I got all these duplicate games on PSN now due to PSN Plus...I feel like I should sell these games on disc but Im too lazy. lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Satch said:
...i paid for it, didnt i

You paid for awesome, it's okay.

As someone that paid $60 for it 4 years ago, I'm completely okay with this. Maybe the population will swell and people will see the better game of the two Souls games.
Yes, I'm the vocal minority that thinks Demon's is better polished than Dark even though Dark does a few things better.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh God, one of my gaming mistakes has come back to haunt me.

*raises weapons*

Now I must finish you, foul beast!

gioGAF

This game alone would justify the purchase of a PS3. Now you can get it for free!

Edit:
@TheSeks
I am in complete agreement. Demon's Souls is WAY BETTER than Dark Souls. How I wish Sony had not been so STUPID, we could be playing Demon's Souls 2 right now. Instead, SCAMCO got involved :-(

Hoo-doo

Banned
I haven't played a game like Demon's Soul before, so I am not sure what my feelings will be. I remember digging Knights of the Old Republic's story, then using cheats to get through the dull combat sections. I don't like hard games :/

Look up some starter tips online, very helpful. And if you just take it slow, you'll get through it no problem.

Top Bottom