• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gabe Newell will talk @ LinuxCon "about the company's reasons for switching to Linux"

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/news...i-and-valve-top-keynote-speaker-line-linuxcon

September 16-18, 2013

Speakers:

Jonathan Bryce, executive director of OpenStack Foundation, will talk about “Developers: The New Superpower.”

Martin Fink, CTO and director of HP Labs, will reflect on his long career in open source software and where the industry is headed today.

Kevin Kelly, digital visionary and founding executive editor, Wired Magazine, will present “The Technium,” in which he ponders: What comes after the Internet? What is bigger than the web? What will produce more wealth than all the startups to date?

Gabe Newell, co-founder and managing director of Valve, will talk about the company's reasons for switching to Linux.

Imad Sousou, vice president for Intel’s Software and Services Group and general manager for Intel Open Source Technology Center, will talk about mobile computing and the role of HTML5.

Eben Upton, founder of Raspberry Pi Foundation, will share the latest work on the popular technology.

Jim Zemlin, executive director at The Linux Foundation, will reveal new information about Linux, open cloud and collaboration.

Linux Kernel Panel, featuring leading kernel developers and maintainers who will provide insights into the state of the Linux kernel as well as ongoing and future work.

LinuxCon, which has sold out every year since its debut, is the world’s leading conference addressing all matters Linux for the global business and technical communities.

Mark your calenders.

I can tell you the answer right now.

Looking into the future, Microsoft will not always make the best OS for the pc platform and Valve wants to exist in 50 years.

derFeef

'Switching to Linux'? Normally when you 'switch' that means you're giving something up. No more Steam Windows support :eek:

My guess is that's just worded badly. They would be stupid to switch completely, and Valve is more abut expanding, not abandoning ;)
Also that's probably just written that way by that site.

Top Bottom