• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Historic" Rare franchise to be shown at E3

jbug617

Banned
"Fans of Rare and Rare IP I think will be pleased with what we're going to show at E3," Spencer said. "We had a limited amount of time today and a lot of story to tell. But Rare remains an incredibly important part of our development capability.

"That historic IP that they've built I think can play a real important role on Xbox One."

http://sbn.to/YXO4PL

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Betting on Killer Instinct. Only other options I could see would be Banjo or Perfect Dark.

NMFried

Maybe they're saying that it will become a historic game, and it's not actually an old Rare IP.

Am I the only one who wants a sequel to Nuts & Bolts?

jediyoshi

I think I'd actually be happy with them expanding on any of their old stuff.

A game with ice keys would be nice though.

vazel

Banned
That they're using the word 'historic' makes me think it's a franchise we haven't seen in a long time but one that Rare is well known for. I'm betting Killer Instinct.

Amir0x

Banned
I hope it's Killer Instinct so people can remember finally how goddamn atrocious that fighting series was.

My real hope, though... I want Blast Corps 2 :p

DaBoss

RARE of today is not the same as the RARE of pre-Kinect let alone pre-GCN. So I can't truly be happy with this.

195029-art_pants_mr_pants_1_large.jpg

? =P
Edit: And this:
I don't give a shit anymore.

Hystzen

Kinect RARE

Interact will all your favourite characters from Rare , stroke them and raise them to compete in various mini games

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Going with Killer Instinct.

It covers a genre Microsoft doesn't have, and it actually makes sense for their target audience unlike a Banjo game at launch.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Probably going to be Killer Instinct.

But with all the bad news we've been hearing I wouldn't be surprised if it was "Powered by Kinect."

(would prefer Perfect Dark tbh)

Historic? Either Banjo Kazooie, Conker, Battletoads, or Killer Instinct.

Please be Banjo.

None of the games look like that subtle hint on the Xbox One's dash during reveal, though... hmm... Well it kind of has a Banjo Art Style...

Scanna

the worst thing about Xbox One is that it is actually shaping up to have a good line-up of games (with forza, remedy and rumored crackdown and classic Rare)...but this is getting in the background with all the other bullshit

P44

Eh, it doesn't really mean the same these days, Rare has obviously changed significantly in terms of who is there. That said, I reckon it will be conker or some platformer type game to counter Knack. Killer Instinct seems pretty unlikely, from a legal persepctive (isnt it still in a legal minefield?) but from a sales perspective too...whilst fighting games have come back in a big way, KI is probably not one that would be a big hitter.

Top Bottom