• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: "Only 90% of Xbox One GPU usable for games"- PS4 GPU up to 66% more powerful?

http://kotaku.com/the-five-possible-states-of-xbox-one-games-are-strangel-509597078

It was already mentioned in another thread but it didn't get that much attention, although I find it pretty surprising: According to Kotaku, the Xbox One can only access 90% of the GPU ressources for games (1.107 TFLOPS).

So I think if the PS4 doesn't reserve a similar, noticable amount, which doesn't seem to be that far-fetched in my opinion, this would make the PS4 GPU not 50% but 66% more powerful (or the Xbox One GPU 40% less powerful, instead of 33%). Please lock if unnecessary.

The game is loaded in memory and is fully running. The game has full access to the reserved system resources, which are six CPU cores, 90 percent of GPU processing power, and 5 GB of memory. The game is rendering full-screen and the user can interact with it.

Huh? It's not an 8-core CPU?

Kyon

Banned
woTGR.gif

EDIT: seriously can this get any worse?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
So the cloud will actually only make it 37 times more powerful? God, when will the lying end?!

Daingurse

All the DBZ in this thread pleases me.

Man this really is a media machine first, game console second. Hope that slick UI was worth it Microsoft.

itsgreen

Classic Kotaku, as if the PS4 won't have dedicated resources....

Edit: I apologize to Kotaku and blame OP for being a sensationalist whore.

Top Bottom