• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Certain Canadian Target Stores selling Wii U Basics for $149.99

Guess i wasnt the only one:
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/walmart-starting-fri-2-aug-8-aug-wii-u-basic-set-199-a-1366188/13/
P1050371.jpg

Scanned in at 149.99 at Target when I went to price match, looks like they are clearing it out too maybe. This is what it scanned in as, didn't have to price match.
It's in-stock at Toronto stores now for $149.99! I just confirmed it.

If you find a store in stock at Target at that price, leave it there at Target and instead go to a FS/BB to get it PM'ed for $139.99.
Saskatoon confirmed $149.99 going to price match fs to use gift cards that got from trade promo with wii-u games so ironic. Of note checking price won't work they need to scan like your are buying only way to show up
From my experience, the price on the shelf was 299 so I had the target associate scan it with his portable scanner when he unlocked the cabinet to confirm price and he said it was still $299. I figured what the heck maybe the price will go down later in the week at this particular store and I can get price protection so I said I'll take it. Went to cashier to pay for it and it rang up as $149.99.

Scanned in at $149.99 at my local target! Thanks! They were shocked when it rang up at that price, I'm pretty sure two of the employees went to the back to hide one for themselves
Thanks a ton man.. i went back and got them to ring it up at register and it was $149. I know its a ***** system, but for $150 my kids are gonna go nuts on christmas.
and heres mine:

http://t.co/SliiEbN1I4
Wonder if Target really will clean out their Basics soon for $150 officially? 0_0

Goddamn, the target that receipt in the OP is from is the same one that my brother works at.

I should bug him to use his discount on it to bring down to like $135.

MormaPope

Banned
I feel bad saying this, but I can't even justify buying a WiiU for only 150 USD.

You'd feel bad for giving Nintendo a smaller cut because Targets have piles of Wii-U's sitting around? Nintendo could or would make money back from people buying software later. Not my fault Nintendo makes retailers sell old unwanted stock for incoming new stock.

Dio

Banned
You'd feel bad for giving Nintendo a smaller cut because Targets have piles of Wii-U's sitting around? Nintendo could or would make money back from people buying software later. Not my fault Nintendo makes retailers sell old unwanted stock for incoming new stock.

No, I mean I still feel like it's paying too much money for the amount of entertainment I'd get out of it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Shit is tempting. :O

But I thought I was buying a Gamecube this month...I...:(

EDIT: Nevermind. I'll probably be as cheap sometime next year, and the games I want will be out.

MormaPope

Banned
No, I mean I still feel like it's paying too much money for the amount of entertainment I'd get out of it.

I thought you meant that was too little to be giving Nintendo or something, misinterpreted your wording.

I don't have a Wii at the moment so any software droughts would be made up by Wii games I haven't played, and then nab whatever great software comes out for the Wii-U in time.

It's in-stock at Toronto stores now for $149.99! I just confirmed it.

If you find a store in stock at Target at that price, leave it there at Target and instead go to a FS/BB to get it PM'ed for $139.99

What does this mean? Leave it there to do what? How would you price match with Future Shop or Best Buy based off a Target price match of a wal mart flyer?

terrible

Banned
What does this mean? Leave it there to do what? How would you price match with Future Shop or Best Buy based off a Target price match of a wal mart flyer?

Yeah I really don't get how you could price match them without a flyer or something.

$150 though. Hmmm. Really tempting.

big_z

Does the wii u upscale wii games to hd?

it upscales but doesn't render them at a higher resolution. wii games on wiiU will look very similar to how they look on the wii. maybe less color bleed but a softer image.

im almost tempted to check my target for this deal but then I remember its a wii U. Nintendo did good jump starting the 3ds but they haven't done anything for the wiiU and until then it's too risky to invest in.

fse

Wii U has no games that interest me so far so I probably wouldn't get one even if they slashed prices in the US.

AniHawk

damn. wouldn't even think twice if that was in the us. that's actually about $144 in us currency.

i'd hold off on some games though. lots of b2g1f deals start around this time of year.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Does the wii u upscale wii games to hd?

Apparently there is a slight improvement. Some say they don't notice the difference, others say it's pretty clear to them. I've only run Brawl on my WiiU and I didn't much of a difference, but I also didn't make an effort to compare.

I'm going to have more WiiU games by the end of the year than I will 360 games.

But I only have three 360 games because multiplats are either on PC or PS3

Dio

Banned
I'm going to have more WiiU games by the end of the year than I will 360 games.

But I only have three 360 games because multiplats are either on PC or PS3

Well, there's always Ace Combat 6, Virtual On Force, Forza 4, and Vesperia for me. The Halo Anniversary remake too, and Shadow Complex, and Protect Me Knight. Also the best versions of a lot of multiplats. I waited until I could get a Xbox 360 Slim on Black Friday to even own a 360 (I had a PS3 slim first), so I think I got plenty of value out of it.

There's basically nothing I can think of that makes me want to buy a WiiU now, personally. Maybe a console Etrian Odyssey where you draw maps on the controller, that would do it very quickly for me.

Deprive

That's a crazy price. This would be an amazing deal if the Wii U had a bunch of games :\

1st adopters got rocked :\

LuchaShaq

Banned
150 is still too much considering the consoles library and hardware.

I probably won't bite until it's like 40$ on craigslist and even then I can't think of a single game released or announced that I would want to play on it even if I got it for free and had more free time.

Ty4on

I feel bad saying this, but I can't even justify buying a WiiU for only 150 USD.

I know. Maybe if 101 or Bayonetta turn out awesome, but otherwise it is really lacking in games that excite me. Wind Waker HD looks neat, but not 200$ neat.

Gartooth

Its a wonder how America keeps missing on the deals, do retailers here just prefer to send them back to Nintendo or what?

Cosmozone

Even without entering the thread I already knew there would be plenty of posts saying they wouldn't get it anyway. Pathetic.

Troll

Banned
Really? "tempted" at this price? It's a fucking no brainer price for a video game enthusiast forum.

and the posts about it not being worth the price? My mind is so full of fuckksssss

LuchaShaq

Banned
Even without entering the thread I already knew there would be plenty of posts saying they wouldn't get it anyway. Pathetic.

Pathetic because people don't want to spend triple digits on a console that might never have a great game at this rate?

Grow up.

Top Bottom