• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki's new report on Lightning Returns: FFXIII + Sazh Returns

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Dengeki's new report comes with new pictures, hopefully the "news" will be translated soon: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/694/694749/

While the latest JUMP finally reveals Sazh, wearing the same clothes but suffering a great tragedy related to his son.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/...cast-of-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

he latest Final Fantasy XIII character to show their face (original outfit and all) in Lightning Returns is Sazh Katzroy – the middle-aged afro-sporting man who originally worked as an airship pilot.

Today’s details on the game come from VJump, which is also said to have details on The Wildlands area of Nova Crystallia as well as Lightning’s Energy Point consumable Scene Drive (Army of One) ability. Further details on her growing list of changeable outfits were included as well, although it might seem familiar to anyone who paid attention to E3.

We’ll be sure to update this post as more information comes in, so stay tuned.

http://lightning-returns-news.tumblr.com/

tumblr_mrtd88RVPh1rfe186o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrtd88RVPh1rfe186o2_500.jpg

tumblr_mrtd88RVPh1rfe186o3_500.jpg

tumblr_mrtd88RVPh1rfe186o3_500.jpg

tumblr_mrtd88RVPh1rfe186o4_500.jpg

tumblr_mrtd88RVPh1rfe186o6_500.jpg

tumblr_mrtd88RVPh1rfe186o5_500.jpg

tumblr_mrtd4ceyUr1rfe186o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrtd4ceyUr1rfe186o4_500.jpg

tumblr_mrtd4ceyUr1rfe186o5_500.jpg

LuuKyK

Welcome back friend!

And amazing shots as usual. People that were saying the graphics looked bad can go eat some Chocobocolinas~.

Tizoc

Looks nice, but what's Sazh role in the game?
...and why the frag don't they release FF13 LR as FF13: Sazh Returns instead for the west?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Same clothes?

Card Boy

Banned
Don't hate on me but i'm playing 13-2 and am really enjoying it despite its lack of polish. Hated FF13 with a passion though.

Reminds of Kingdom Hearts/X-2 where you can go wherever you want and do lots of optional content. I'm looking forward to Lighting Returns thanks to 13-2.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, finally a new Lightning Returns thread... I was getting worried for a second :3. Welcome back Perfo, I've missed you!

Game looks amazing (as usual). Looking at the sky and fireworks in real time will be lovely!

Great, take the best character to come out of the entire XIII franchise and make him as moody as Lightning was in the original.

Thanks for completely killing what little interest I had in this game Square.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LOL, they aren't even direct feed.
I wish people would say this about the countless GoW3/UC2/AAA-title screenshots out there.

Emitan

Great, take the best character to come out of the entire XIII franchise and make him as moody as Lightning was in the original.

Thanks for completely killing what little interest I had in this game Square.

You could actually wait until you actually know how much he has changed.

Perfo

Why, hello, Perfo.

You got unbanned, Congrats!

Welcome back friend!

Welcome back Perfo, I've missed you!

THX!

Nice to see Sazh make a come back

Nicer to see Perfo making a come back!

Looks nice, but what's Sazh role in the game?

Possibily he is involved with the Wild Lands considering that's the last piece of terrain not covered by one of the protagonists of the original game... and the pattern seems to suggest so. We also know that
his son is asleep for some reason from centuries thus that's why he is concerned and a tad depressed
. Today or tomorrow we're going to know more about this because S-E is surely planning to release a new trailer and infos at the gamescom starting today.

faridmon

Yeah, i played ff xiii but don't remember anything about szah's son. Wierd!

Yes. I didn't finished it even though i have enjoyed it. The ps3 wasn't mine.

Squire

Banned
I wish people would say this about the countless GoW3/UC2/AAA-title screenshots out there.

What? They don't because most of the threads you're thinking of have direct feed screens posted in them, not off-screen pics taken with some reporter's DSLR.

Perfo

So who amongst the original FF XIII cast is left unconfirmed for this game?

Protagonists have all been announced and will play a role in the new story; possibily some side-characters could make an appearance but more importantly we still haven't got any news regarding Caius and Yuel, even if it's easy to guess they'll both be very important in this title too.

Ugh the screens actually look cool but toriyama wont trick me this time. Never again you fiend. I will just put all my hype into 15 and forget all this ever happened.

jWILL253

Banned
LOL, they aren't even direct feed.

Well, thats how you are going to see it in your TV, unless you play with your nose touching the screen. Which I wouldnt doubt considering how eager you are to find bad things about the game.

You can defy physics with that sort of logic, LuuKyK. There's a reason why we STILL haven't been shown any full-HD screens for this game.

Square pls.

I don't remember seeing Vanille.

She can die in a fire...

Perfo

What? They don't because most of the threads you're thinking of have direct feed screens posted in them, not off-screen pics taken with some reporter's DSLR.

The japanese media industry works like this everytime, deal with it please. There's no need to make an argument even out of this. The game looks good enough and the style helps hiding its limits. That's it. Move on.

You can defy physics with that sort of logic, LuuKyK. There's a reason why we STILL haven't been shown any full-HD screens for this game.

We got full hd videos though.

~~Hasan~~

i have a question.

i didn't finish 13. i was playing it fine then all the sudden it started to be very hard and i lost interest after dying few times " why make the game hard ? its a friggin story game"

i didn't like 13-2 played it for like 10 minutes " or maybe i just played the demo even ? not sure"

will i like this one ? for some reason it seems like i might like it. but i heard something like its a time based game ? something like majora's mask ?

if that's the case i will pass

Yoshichan

I thought Vanille was confirmed? Also, how could someone play FFXIII and not know about Sazh son? Heck, people were even saying that the cutscene with him finding out about Vanille (and what she did with his son) was the best scene in the game...

Hedge

i have a question.

i didn't finish 13. i was playing it fine then all the sudden it started to be very hard and i lost interest after dying few times " why make the game hard ? its a friggin story game"

i didn't like 13-2 played it for like 10 minutes " or maybe i just played the demo even ? not sure"

will i like this one ? for some reason it seems like i might like it. but i heard something like its a time based game ? something like majora's mask ?

if that's the case i will pass

Aye, it is. You have 13 hours before the game ends, and that's it.

Perfo

i have a question.

This game is totally different from the previous two, so if you didn't like XIII and its sequel not necessary you're not going to like this. It's a different experience overall that plays in a different style.

The time mechanic it's the core element of this episode. You've been given 13 days to save the world and the time runs always (well, actually only when you're exploring the world) though you can extend the time remaining by completing quests. They said you can complete the game without running out of time, so the time mechanic should not be so restricting on your freedom. This is an open world game with huge freedom and they made sure to balance things out. You start with 7 days (one day = 1hr and 20 minutes more or less), then you can extend it till '13 days, so it's 7 days + 13 days (lots of hours of gameplay if you sum it up), and by playing the game you lose and earn time depending on your actions and decisions.

Yoshichan

Aye, it is. You have 13 hours before the game ends, and that's it.
Well, it doesn't really work that way. Your awards from completing missions will be loot and time - so the game isn't exactly 13 hours long. Also, time won't run out during cutscenes, battles and menus.

Top Bottom