• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki's new report on Lightning Returns: FFXIII + Sazh Returns

Sazh, wearing the same clothes but an heavy change in his personality; apparently he is now depressed
And they finally made the one character that was sane and likable, just as bat shit crazy and whiny as the rest of the crew.

Great going SE.
She smiled enough in FFXIII... three times! Let her have her sulky moments, man.
The second one yeah, the first one she probably farted but how is the third one a smile?

And they finally made the one character that was sane and likable, just as bat shit crazy and whiny as the rest of the crew.

Great going SE.

Great going Toriyama/Watanabe. There are more capable people in that studio. Just for some reason those two have power for whatever reason.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Great going SE.
Jesus Christ, can we stop assuming so much shit? The negativity is insane.
Each garb has a different victory pose, which is what that is.
Completely forgot about that! Wow, that's awesome.

ShinMaruku

I just hope they have a ps4 version....
Game battle system looks changed enough and it has a direction. I think this game will be fine. I know you guys hate lightining but that hate makes you think the game will be shit.. Don't make our emotions cloud this game.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Jesus Christ, can we stop assuming so much shit? The negativity is insane.

Lightning defense force should just switch strategy at this point and IGNORE every single negative comment by focusing only on questions and comments of people that like or are genuinely interested in this game. We all know Sazh for the most of XIII was a depressed mature old man (even tried to kill himself in desperation) so people denying this are here just to freely flame. Game looks so awesome it doesn't deserve going off topic just for the sake of it, let's focus on real news and reports. Let the people that don't like this game alone... I mean, it doesn't even make much sense seeing the same people after more than one year clearly NOT interested in this game coming back every day just to complain about everything: move on.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Lightning defense force should just switch strategy at this point and IGNORE every single negative comment by focusing only on questions and comments of people that like or are genuinely interested in this game. We all know Sazh for the most of XIII was a depressed mature old man (even tried to kill himself in desperation) so people denying this are here just to freely flame. Game looks so awesome it doesn't deserve going off topic just for the sake of it, let's focus on real news and reports. Let the people that don't like this game alone... I mean, it doesn't even make much sense seeing the same people after more than one year clearly NOT interested in this game coming back every day just to complain about everything: move on.

spm_complaining_425px.jpg

FF13 threads in a nutshell.

Perfo

I just hope they have a ps4 version....

I'm not very well informed about this, but isn't PSstore with PS3 catalog available on PS4? If so I think chances for you to play the game on said console will rise eventually. As for me I'll jump on next-gen just after LR, the last game I'm interested in playing for this generation.

So they took the only good character and completely changed his personality? Yeah, nah, fuck off square.

Put nomura in charge or something, at least kingdom hearts is goofy schlock fun. Final fantasy is just cliche gloomy melodramatic bullshit and its grating.

So the best character in FFXIII, the only one to have a likeable personality, is now all mopey and serious... like Lightning.

Riiiiiiight.

Perfo

The official site updated and Yasaan isn't that castle in the distance but the city area above Luxerion. If you look closely the map also shows small city like areas throughout.

That seems to be an error on the japanese site because the western site indicates Yusnaan as that city in the upper corner right.

That seems to be an error on the japanese site because the western site indicates Yusnaan as that city in the upper corner right.

You sure it isn't the other way around. Because the castle seems like the only thing there and these shots of Yusnaan seem to match what I see in that area of the map.

LRFFXIII_Yusnaan_Station.jpg

LRFFXIII_Yusnaan_Warehouse.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think you should edit that picture, bud :3

Yoshichan

Kamion

All the "They took the only sane and likable person in the plot (Sazh) and made him depressed" posts don't make any sense.

You guys do remember that he tried to kill himself out of frustration in FF13, right? And he was being mopy more or less half of the game... I don't see what's different.

Damn it, I'm seeing a smile there!
Haha, her mouth is just open.

All the "They took the only sane and likable person in the plot (Sazh) and made him depressed" posts don't make any sense.

You guys do remember that he tried to kill himself out of frustration in FF13, right? And he was being mopy more or less half of the game... I don't see what's different.
They're trolling you.

ShinMaruku

I'm not very well informed about this, but isn't PSstore with PS3 catalog available on PS4? If so I think chances for you to play the game on said console will rise eventually. As for me I'll jump on next-gen just after LR, the last game I'm interested in playing for this generation.

Good to know. I want to jump off this generation as quick as possible took far too long :(

Top Bottom