• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Honestly, would you be interested in Dinosaurs for BF4?

kubus

See thread title.

I'd probably buy it. Why? I love dinosaurs and I would love to see more dinosaurs in games.

Would you be interested in it? Could be a standalone DLC pack, of course, and not a build-in feature. And are there more people who don't have plans to get BF4 but would reconsider if dinos are added?

Edit: Seems the overwhelming responsive is a massive YES (proud of you GAF) So, to add to the discussion:

Feathers or no feathers?
What kind of modes should be made?

Makai

Biggest disappoinment of BF3 was no T Rex.

BF3-dogtag-dino.png

Josh7289

I would be extremely interested in a dinosaur mode for BF4. Like you can't even imagine. Man... The possibilities are endless.

Yeah, man.

Why the fuck not?

And this question fits the BF series perfectly, I think. "Why the fuck not?" The games are all about doing whatever you want. They're great.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Yes. If DICE makes it a Horde mode type of game, then YESSSS!

Not going to happen but imagine if this was a free DLC pack like what we got in BC2. Granted it was more of re-skinned maps for different game modes but free still.

An entire squad or team taking out dinos with a boss? Awesome stuff.

AdamMPSP

I'm pretty tired of modern military shooters. That said, I'll end up picking one up this winter with a new console just so I can have a wide-range of games for that new purchase. Right now I'm leaning towards the new COD, but if BF4 had dinosaurs I MEAN NO QUESTION DAY ONE.

BibiMaghoo

I would pay £20 for a mode that has a team fighting dinos on each map.

And I would play the shit out of it.

So yes.

Drayco21

I currently have zero plans to touch another game in the Battlefield franchise.

If they put dinosaurs in Battlefield 4, I would change my stance on this.

lbk62

why stop there?

it also need ninjas, hell someone fix the OP image with a ninja riding the dinosaur.

game would be so awesome with this kind of stuff

JordanKZ

Right now. I do not want Battlefield 4, at all.

If they were to implement dinosaurs. I would buy it, instantly. I am dead fucking serious.

Lionheart

Shouldn't be DLC for BF4, but a spin-off instead. I won't pay €60 plus ~€10 for it, but I'd buy it for around 20-30 if it's a separate spin-off and if it's awesome!

DedValve

Banned
Absolutely yes.

Bonus points if they got pretty feathers. I always imagined the T-rex sporting majestic purple and pink to stand out for mating purposes.

Randy

Dinosaurs and pirates, two untapped sources in the current generations of videogaming. May many developers tap at heart's content.

Soma

Depends on how they would implement it.

Like some sort of horde mode? Something like Primal Carnage? Same BF game modes but with dinosaurs randomly thrown in?

NotSelf

Why don't you just play a saints row game never played one but I hear they have a lot random wacky stuff in them.

sakipon

Shouldn't be DLC for BF4, but a spin-off instead. I won't pay €60 plus ~€10 for it, but I'd buy it for around 20-30 if it's a separate spin-off and if it's awesome!

I was going to say the same. It should be an affordable standalone game like Blood Dragon was to Far Cry. I'm not interested in Battlefield but creative spin-offs are always on my radar.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Go play Blood Dragon if you want some dinos in your FPS :p

Is it a coincidence that I saw a Turok thread on here the other day?

Ravek

Banned
Who in the fuck wouldn't want to snipe a Raptor in the eye with an L96?

Or take down a T-Rex with a combo of C4 and landmines?

Battlefield 4 with dinosaurs makes sense because it doesn't.

I have no interest in picking up Battlefield 4, but if they included dinosaurs I would without hesitation buy the shit out of it day 1.

daman824

Yes, I would buy battlefield 4 no questions asked if a dinosaur mode was included or was promised to come out later as DLC.

I also feel a dedicated dinosaur survival mode included in every iteration of battlefield would go a long way in terms of topplin call of duty off the sales throne. If a dinosaur mode trailer was quietly released by EA on youtube, it would get a few million views in a matter of days. Everyone would be talking about it.

Azriell

As long as it isn't hoard mode, yes. Ideally, I would like to see some SP/Co-op modes/missions, and maybe later on an asymmetrical humans vs dinos MP mode, or maps where AI dinos wander freely and are a sort of environmental hazard.

Sean

Banned
I've got no interest in BF but dinosaurs would make me change my mind. Mostly cause of how absurd it'd be.

DICE has been making a big deal about destructible/collapsing buildings, why not show that off by having a T-Rex going on a rampage through the city.

Top Bottom