• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Honestly, would you be interested in Dinosaurs for BF4?

kubus

Yes, I would buy battlefield 4 no questions asked if a dinosaur mode was included or was promised to come out later as DLC.

I also feel a dedicated dinosaur survival mode included in every iteration of battlefield would go a long way in terms of topplin call of duty off the sales throne. If a dinosaur mode trailer was quietly released by EA on youtube, it would get a few million views in a matter of days. Everyone would be talking about it.
Yeah, it seems really smart to do. People are starting to get sick of zombies, so now would be a good moment for DICE to introduce dinosaurs and get some of the CoD crowd.

But what if Activision is ahead of them and makes dinosaurs first in CoD? Would be smart of them but I think the major appeal of Dinos in BF4 is the huge maps and of course vehicles.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Oh yes, more than BF4, Rockstar managed to do a great expansion with Zombies for RDR, I would take a dinosaur infested city and country dlc for GTA5, and hell, let me ride one too.

Anything would be better than that single player Battlefield 3. Why not dinosaurs? Can't go down from the bottom. I thought Homefront was better than Battlefield single player.

Lionheart

If it's a spin-off, I want it to be like the Dino Riders cartoons. Weird that no one mentioned that in this thread (perhaps in the other?). Don't mix the dinosaurs up with tanks and airplanes, just colorful and foresty jurassic worlds with dinosaurs you can ride and laser guns on them.

Imagine riding a huge Brontosaurus with a couple guys manning guns on its back and two near its head, damn!

If there will be some Dinosaur Mode though, I'll seriously consider getting it. Probably buy it. Why? I love dinosaurs and I would love to see more dinosaurs in games.

Would you be interested in it? Could be a standalone DLC pack, of course, and not a build-in feature. And are there more people who don't have plans to get BF4 but would reconsider if dinos are added?

Edit: Seems the overwhelming responsive is a massive YES (proud of you GAF) So, to add to the discussion:

Feathers or no feathers?
What kind of modes should be made?

Dinosaurs are a childhood favorite of mine so 100% yes. I'm not sure why we see so little of dinosaurs in games today, maybe because they just didn't sell well in years past? Standalone DLC pack would be okay, but I rather see it be a full fledged mode that is available from the start.

As for feathers or no feathers? I want them to look just like the dinosaurs in the original Jurassic Park movie because that was a favorite of mine. Mode types is an interesting question. I'd want all the regular conquest, deathmatch, etc modes but also have the option of either Dino vs Man teams or mixed Dino/Man vs Dino/Man teams too. I'm sure there are other creative new modes that could work with the dinosaur mechanic too.

bLaiSe

Of course! I loved dinos when I was a kid and still do. It's sad that Turok 2 got cancelled and I hope Carnivores HD comes to the EU store sooner than later. We need more dinosaur games!

Shouldn't be DLC for BF4, but a spin-off instead. I won't pay €60 plus ~€10 for it, but I'd buy it for around 20-30 if it's a separate spin-off and if it's awesome!

A Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon kind of thing. OH YES!

I'm am dead-as-a-dinosaur serious like I said in the other thread. This is seriously Day one stuff for me. If it was DLC, I'd buy the game for it. I don't know how clear I can be about how serious I am.

$20-30 is fair.

I'd drop that much for a Battlefield Multiplayer map with:

64 players

Vehicles

Lots and lots of Dinosaurs

You can ride some of the dinosaurs -- including the flying ones.

Both teams have they're own dinosaurs.

Separate horde mode

Take my money! I've always tried to avoid Origin, but I'd forget all about it for this.

---

Feathers? No, don't be rediculous. Who cares about feathers honestly? If they are in, though, it's not like I would care.

No. I like the more grounded approach of the series.

Nobody ever said that this would replace the normal stuff. That would be silly and kinda stupid. I don't think anybody here thinks that.

DryvBy

It's ridiculous. Dinosaurs? Battlefield?

And it's awesome. Bored of just shooting humans? Then help them shoot up T-rex.

Jawmuncher

Dinosaurs in Batltefield 4 like many have said would make me buy the game.
I personally have no interest in the series after not enjoying BF3, but Dinosaurs would definitely change that. Especially if whatever way they were implemented was of high quality.

daman824

Yeah, it seems really smart to do. People are starting to get sick of zombies, so now would be a good moment for DICE to introduce dinosaurs and get some of the CoD crowd.

But what if Activision is ahead of them and makes dinosaurs first in CoD? Would be smart of them but I think the major appeal of Dinos in BF4 is the huge maps and of course vehicles.
Yeah, I don't know how a T-rex would fit in a call of dut sized map. But what would really stop Activision from doing it is the same thing that is currently stopping EA from doing it. Both companies think it's a joke or that noone will put their money where their mouth is if it gets made.

But the most popular maps in COD aren't the urban, gritty, and realistic ones. The most popular maps in cod are the maps that put you in nonsensical locations. A gunfight between military forces would never take place on a movie set. But backlot gets voted for every time it pops up because crazy things that don't make much sense are really popular. Thats why zombies is still considered the best survival mode by most people. A dino Expansion for battlefield 4 priced at $20-$30 would bring in alot of money and people. It would also have a positive effect on EA's image.

Yes, I would buy battlefield 4 no questions asked if a dinosaur mode was included or was promised to come out later as DLC.

I also feel a dedicated dinosaur survival mode included in every iteration of battlefield would go a long way in terms of topplin call of duty off the sales throne. If a dinosaur mode trailer was quietly released by EA on youtube, it would get a few million views in a matter of days. Everyone would be talking about it.

Very true.

As long as it isn't hoard mode, yes. Ideally, I would like to see some SP/Co-op modes/missions, and maybe later on an asymmetrical humans vs dinos MP mode, or maps where AI dinos wander freely and are a sort of environmental hazard.

Why not have hoard mode separate?

fin

Yes! As long as there are vehicles. Taking down a trex with an tank would be rad. A Godzilla mode would be sweet too.

I worry what the dinosaur models would look like and how they would behave

But to be honest would probably buy it and play it regardless

It's a great idea

kubus

Fuck dinosaurs.

What we need is land sharks.

TN8PPMe.jpg

Everybody wins.

Themes are interchangeable.

Giving me something to play that I haven't played 50 times before is more important.
Good game design is more important.

That said, introducing dinosaurs to the mix sounds like it has a lot more potential for some actual creativity (for development and for the player) than yet another bf1942. It might actually justify a sequel to the played out IP, far more than better processor power ever will.

Then again, why do they have to be dinosaurs and not just monsters or aliens or whatever? Again, themes are interchangeable. A free creative outlet is better than a funneled one that forces its design to make certain "realistic" decisions and rules for what isn't realistic in the first place.

Yes I would. When they showed that E3 demo of BF3 awhile back with the tanks driving in the big, open landscape, I kept expecting a Dinosaur to just come out of nowhere and have been wanting it ever since.

Top Bottom