• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita is slowly becoming indie Heaven and I love it.

DISCLAIMER : I also got a 3DS and love it too.

Ok. This being said, Vita is a powerfull beast. Just play KZ Mercenaries. You'll see.

But, it already has one, and will have too of my most played games this gen :

- Spelunky
- Rogue Legacy
- La Mulana

Check those out if you don't know them. Yeah, indie retro pixel games. Right. But, man, so good !

Spelunky is just like coke. Can't put it down.
Rogue legacy is a well thought take on the rogue genre, extremely addictive.
La Mulana, well,... It's effin La Mulana. MetroidSoulVania. With humor. Let's hope this means La Mulana 2 will see life on Vita too...

Are you okay with this ? What's your take on it ?

EDIT :

+

Binding of Izaac,
Fez,
Hotline Miami

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I bought all those games ages ago for a dollar on PC

Ouren

Yay Vita! :D

here's a code for our little game on Vita called Magic Planet Snack Deluxe~!

mpsd-indiedb-boxart.jpg

F744-B4N5-ECRB

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
just wait for PC elitists to say they bought these games for a dollar a year ago

I'm one of those who bought a lot of them on sale but that doesn't mean I don't look forward to these on the Vita HW. Minecraft, Terraria, and Starbound are just a few games I'm really looking forward to on Vita.

I did too, but I guess they can't play their PC in the subway / toilets / bus / beach...

That and as Edge said they look classier on that Oled. Besides, some of those are improved for PSN, like Lone Survivor, and others are platform exclusive, like Velocity Ultra.

Alric

There is definitely a lot more indie games I'd love to play on it, sword and sworcery is one.
Love my vita and honestly would love more ps3 ports to it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously though, it's fine. I don't mind that more indie games get released on it. It's nice to introduce people to more games. The more games the better.

That and as Edge said they look classier on that Oled. Besides, some of those are improved for PSN, like Lone Survivor, and others are platform exclusive, like Velocity Ultra.
Lone Survivor is on PSN ????????

Can on windows tablets.

Yeah. Not that confy + No buttons. Anyway, it is not a Vita vs PC thread. I played thos egame son PC to hell. I'm just happy I can play the on the go on optimal conditions.

As someone with only a weak-ass Macbook Air, I fucking love it. Playing those games on the Vita's screen is a treat.

Do we have any idea as to when La Mulana is coming out? I've always wanted to play it, but I've waiting for a Vita release.

Aiustis

Indie games are good and all but I'm only going to buy them for my vita if I'm satisfied with my vita, and I wasn't.

i bought them all for a dollar too!

indies are great on vita too mostly because, native resolution, 60 fps. Thats how i like my games.

hopefully the next wave have them come day and date on pc ps4 vita instead of year old ports.

just wait for PC elitists to say they bought these games for a dollar a year ago
The funny thing is... you don't really need to be an elitist to run any of those games. You literally just need to own a PC and chances are your hardware can run them. For less money. Ages ago.

Vandiger

I'll double dip some since I like to support indie developers. Some of the games are better off on a handheld or eventually Vita TV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The funny thing is... you don't really need to be an elitist to run any of those games. You literally just need to own a PC and chances are your hardware can run them. For less money. Ages ago.

Don't let that go against the "me against the world" card brah

Guevara

With La-Mulana the Vita now has (or has announced) essentially every indie game I've ever wanted. It's just an incredible library.

I'd be okay with it if sony still showed support for it but what originally "console in your pocket" has now become "Indie games on the go". I didn't spend $250 to play old indie games that are cheaper elsewhere.

Raysoul

Lots of indies might be good for Vita owners, but it won't definitely won't sell the system for me.

Bring that exclusive AAAs Sony, and I would get one.

Tapejara

The Indie Vita love is awesome. Just started Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut and I love it. I get that Western AAA titles sell the system, but I'm totally fine with indies and JRPGS at the moment.

nampad

For me, it is already indie heaven. I buy a lot of indie stuff on PC because of all those bundles and Steam sales but rarely play them. On Vita, I actually finish most of the games.

This year brought me great indie titles like Guacamelee, Velocity Ultra, Hotline Miami, Spelunky and Divekick and there are already several heavy hitters confirmed for porting like Fez, Minecraft and Terraria as well as other good looking titles like Luftrausers, Hohokum and Counterspy coming.

LiquidMetal14

Go to your "Playstation Mobile" tab in your download list

Sorry this is such a hassle! PSM is sort of just like that :(

I did btw and it's not there. Will do a reboot.

And holy crap, keeping on the Vita tone, FREE GTA LCS and Rayman Origins for plussies this week. NICE.

sn00zer

Yay Vita! :D

here's a code for our little game on Vita called Magic Planet Snack Deluxe~!

F744-B4N5-ECRB

Thanks but im having an issue using the code...i enter the code and it shows the content but then quickly disappears before i can DL it leaving the message 'No COntent'

I've got quite a few of these indie games on my PC, but due to my backlog I haven't gotten around to them yet and I find the Vita D-Pad+buttons much more enjoyable to play controllers with than a Keyboard+Mouse or any PC controller I have.

Rogue Legacy in particular seems absolutely perfect for handhelds. Can't wait for that to come out.

LiquidMetal14

Thanks but im having an issue using the code...i enter the code and it shows the content but then quickly disappears before i can DL it leaving the message 'No COntent'

Odd, after I input it, I got to the DL page and when I put it in again it says code taken.

Derrick01

Banned
It's not as much fun for me. I had to wait 9 months into the year for Vita to get a game that I wanted to play that's also exclusive.

badgenome

Been playing Hotline Miami all day, and I wholeheartedly agree.

Looking forward to snagging Lone Survivor at Grace Chen o'clock.

BigDug13

Not to mention the Crossbuys. If you're already buying a PS4, it seems like quite a few of the indie titles will be one purchase for both devices, which is great! Especially if they're also cross-play to be able to cloud-sync your saves across devices.

To be playing in 1080p on the PS4, save your game, then download the save onto the Vita for your commute...excellent.

Diebuster

I'm loving it. Just by being on a handheld, all of these indie ports are the definitive version for me. I've put far more time into Hotline Miami on the Vita for instance, even though I've had the PC version since last year.

Haven't touched the indie stuff on the Vita-would rather play on the PC. What you get on the Vita is the equivalent of 'indie MTV' anyway , only the polished and the best experiences manage their way to the platform. The more raw/experiemental stuff or the complex games ( I tend to gravitate to the latter) are still on the PC.

Still an excellent handheld and I like mine much better than my 3DS XL (which I have a love/hate relationship with).

Dragon

Banned
It's not as much fun for me. I had to wait 9 months into the year for Vita to get a game that I wanted to play that's also exclusive.

Well I had to wait 9 months for another Derrick post because you got your ass banned. Now sack up and enjoy the friggin thing before you get your ass banned again!

Top Bottom