• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF comments cited by ExxonMobil in trademark lawsuit over FXX logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This amused me. NeoGAF comments being cited in a lawsuit. I wonder how often this has happened with lawsuits within the video game community.

ExxonMobil just filed a trademark lawsuit over the FXX logo. Comments from here were the first ones cited by them in suggesting the similarities.

JWilKjY.jpg

HXiOodU.png

ronito

Now the defense gets to be like "Yes, but have you seen Hateradio and Gungho's other posts on GAF? Honor, for your perusal I'd like to present..."

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Long after the internet has fallen, our legacy shall remain immortal through lawsuits and documents.

Patryn

I can just guess: Some poor paralegal or junior associate was surfing GAF, was caught and suddenly had to make it relevant to his job.

Cyan

Banned
Numerous internet postings show users exposed to point 36 making an association between the users cited in point 36 and foolishness, including without limitation the following:
a) a comment on NeoGAF.com by user "ronito" responding to point 36 and saying "Now the defense gets to be like "Yes, but have you seen Hateradio and Gungho's other posts on GAF? Honor, for your perusal I'd like to present..." "
b) a follow-up comment, in the same thread on NeoGAF.com, in which user "Count Dookkake" quotes the comment by "ronito" and states "This would be amazing."

JDSN

Banned
All the defense needs is a post by any one of those two in the Manga Community thread and they will instantly win that lawsuit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is how this stuff becomes bannable. Let's not drive it into the ground.

Overdone GIF usage gets self-banned because it loses all its meaning when posted in response to everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom