• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF comments cited by ExxonMobil in trademark lawsuit over FXX logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kehs

Banned
This is how this stuff becomes bannable. Let's not drive it into the ground.

UBZsPic.gif

lmao at GungHo's new tag, lawsuit seems a bit silly to me though. I'm not gonna look for the Exxon channel and I won't drive down the street to FXX to fill up. I didn't notice the similarity of the logos until this thread.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I was confused as to how GAF could possibly be relevant, but I suppose it makes sense in that context. Still ridiculous (and very funny) to cite an Internet forum.

And yeah, who works for Exxon or their legal team?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
There's something hilarious about seeing forum posts and internet handles framed within legal boilerplate.

Coming soon to Supreme Court decision near you:

User "ShitlerGokuBongHits666" argues that "estoppel as applied to the doctrine of civil tort is straight up gay as hell, yo"

GQman2121

Banned
Exxon is a multi billion dollar mega Corp. The idea that they're Googling and using posts from this board in a lawsuit is more than hilarious.

plainr_

This is the second most hilarious thing I've seen all week.

First one is the key and peele liam neeson sketch.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I might have to email FXX and show them the Exxon mobil symbol is a ripoff of various religious cross symbols. They have no business to be bitching about copyrights when it's not their own design.

Now, all we need is a GAF admin to edit GungHo's post 1 hour before the trial starts with the following: "Full disclosure: I am an employee of ExxonMobil" and FXX will walk away scott-free.

Coming soon to Supreme Court decision near you:

User "ShitlerGokuBongHits666" argues that "estoppel as applied to the doctrine of civil tort is straight up gay as hell, yo"

I'm now fully expecting to see "ShitlerGokuBongHits666" registered as a username by a future gaffer, someday.

Mononoke

Banned
I guess my question is, why? Do they really feel like a TV channel is competition for them? What does a TV channel's logo really have to do with them? How would it even impact their business?

Just seems like they are going to lose more money by pursuing this, then simply doing nothing.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
GungHo's post history will come up in Court. That "Crush on Teacher" topic will really be a heated moment in court.

SUPREME1

Banned
That's so cool. Hey Exxon, your logo is getting ripped off. Just like people at the pump.

Put that in your brief, assholes.

Fuck you too, judge!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm glad I'm not the only one laughing at this.

I guess my question is, why? Do they really feel like a TV channel is competition for them? What does a TV channel's logo really have to do with them? How would it even impact their business?

Corporate lawyers justifying their pay, and a theoretical fear that if you don't pursue every single potential violation, they may eventually lose the ability to successfully defend trademarks from truly valid violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom