• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Gamestop has over 600 preorders for the PS4 (Sold out until February)

IllumiNate

I got a call on Saturday morning from ebgames saying that I could pick up my PS4 on the 15th. If I fail to pick it up within two days I will be bumped to the second shipment.
I called them today and asked them if they were doing a midnight release at that store and she said yes and they will be open for 24hrs that day.
I asked how many preorders does this store have for the PS4 and she told me over 600!!!!! And that they are taking preorders for February! I said Gawd Dam..
I live in a town of 100k people, not very big by any means.
I have a feeling things are gonna get a little crazy this holiday..

Edit: update. Ill edit the OP, but they also said that the first shipment they are getting will be 300 units.. But every shipment after that will be around the 20-30 mark

satam55

Banned
I got a call on Saturday morning from ebgames saying that I could pick up my PS4 on the 15th. If I fail to pick it up within two days I will be bumped to the second shipment.
I called them today and asked them if they were doing a midnight release at that store and she said yes and they will be open for 24hrs that day.
I asked how many preorders does this store have for the PS4 and she told me over 600!!!!! And that they are taking preorders for February! I said Gawd Dam..

You should've preordered online.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just in time for inFamous
EWmof.gif

600 at one store? SMFH aren't there any other games stores, walmarts, targets, etc in your town? That's nuts. I feel sorry for the folks working in the trenches at that store lol. And if I were you I'd be carrying that night when I go pick it up lol.

da fuq!?

ZiggyRoXx

Banned
Good thing about so many units being out there so quickly?....we should find out pretty sharpish if that case is up to keeping it cool.

..I don't mind Beta testing software, but Hardware?....never again.

How many other Gamestops are nearby? I heard an employee in one of mine mention 200 preorders and there are least 6 other stores near me plus a Best Buy.

SnakeEyes

Banned
That's absolutely mental! And like someone else said, you better protect that console - take a friend with you as backup! :D

cebri.one

Here in Spain is just the same, i had the chance to talk with a Game employee last saturday and he told me the hype for PS4 is just incredible, he has never seen anything like it neither during PS2 launch. He told me they already sold every PS4 they can get this year.

Razgreez

The country in which I reside has literally has 0 PS4 pre-orders available for any store (online or otherwise). At a cost of $630 (including tax) for the console alone it's pure madness

wiggleb0t

Banned
I preordered 45odd days back from local Target; there was 12 preorders for ps4 1 for xboxone - xboxone launches 15 days earlier in Australia.
EB guy told me they sold out it's first shipment of ps4.

Country area, out of 5 towns it's the closest target,mall with eb kmart etc...Guessing maybe 100,000 thousand poulation over the 6 towns in total, it's a peninsula sooo kinda different from the norm.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Good thing about so many units being out there so quickly?....we should find out pretty sharpish if that case is up to keeping it cool.

..I don't mind Beta testing software, but Hardware?....never again.

It's summer when it launches over here. The beginning of summer. So peeps without AC will be gaming in temps of maybe 45* celcius on a hooooot Aus summer day:| That'll be a solid test.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
PS4 will sell like crazy guys. I've been to my local store here as well and it's been confirmed me that they'll get 10, maybe 15 PS4, at launch but they have already 50+ preorders.

I really hope Amazon hold up :/

My estimated delivery is 29th of November, so hoping I don't get a last minute apology from them, when my order slips.

I preordered 45odd days back from local Target; there was 12 preorders for ps4 1 for xboxone - xboxone launches 15 days earlier in Australia.
EB guy told me they sold out it's first shipment of ps4.

Country area, out of 5 towns it's the closest target,mall with eb kmart etc...Guessing maybe 100,000 thousand poulation over the 6 towns in total, it's a peninsula sooo kinda different from the norm.

7 Days.

Replicant

At least they give you 2 days to claim your preorder. My preorder shop here in Sydney, Australia, told me either I pick it up on the day or I'll lose it. Fuckers. My PS4 better be there when I pick it up.

DiscoJer

Didn't 3DS, Vita and Wii U all have insane hype and preorders at launch?

The PSP did (even had an episode of South Park), but I bought a launch-era Vita about a year after it had come out and Target had put them on sale at a discount. (3G model though)

wizzbang

Banned
I'm calling it now, we're going to see them at 2k$ on ebay in the US, average selling price on Nov 14'th around 8pm? Easily $1500

Just a question : I (EU) have preordered on Amazon, payment via prepaid card.
For "security reasons" I keep that card dry so when I'm supposed to put the money in ?

At least they give you 2 days to claim your preorder. My preorder shop here in Sydney, Australia, told me either I pick it up on the day or I'll lose it. Fuckers. My PS4 better be there when I pick it up.

What retailer? A Brisbane EB Games store gave me 48 hours to pick mine up (I went in store to enquire)

I'm calling it now, we're going to see them at 2k$ on ebay in the US, average selling price on Nov 14'th around 8pm? Easily $1500

No we're not. The PS4 will be moderately supply constrained. There are going to be a ton of PS4s actually out in the wild. There will be millions sold by January so I can't see that happening whatsoever.

Top Bottom