• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone here play aka Kantai Collection aka Kancolle aka Shimakaze Sucks

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I think some people do but there doesn't appear to be a thread for it. It's basically an RNG 'card' browser game, but for those not 'in the know:

The gameplay is centred upon a card battle game, with individual characters represented by various cards with different attributes. Each of the characters are moe anthropomorphisms of World War II naval warships which are depicted as cute girls, known as "Fleet girls" (kanmusu). These personified warships are based on real-life vessels which are explained in detail within the game; the physical characteristics, appearances and personalities of each of the girls correlate in some way to the real-life vessel (for example, ships with a larger displacement tonnage are often depicted with larger breasts, with the notable exception of a few aircraft carriers). The player takes on the role of an admiral and organises their fleets in battle in order to win. Combat is largely automated, and manual actions by the player include micromanagement such as building and repairing.
- Wikipedia entry

For those who feel like playing, the Kancolle wiki is the best resource, but you have to be in Japan or be using a proxy to play it on DMM's site. Also note, Shimakaze is too lewd and discussion about here will not be tolerated ( ≖‿≖)

Anyway, how's that Christmas event going? Taihou for best new kanmusu.

11565794644_5c54fa1b31_o.png

Also lol Haruna

7XDRKWA.png

Liseda

What does haruna from arpeggio have to do with kancolle? I know she's a ship but still.
And holy shit at how popular Kancolle really is now, just check comiket.
Insane.

Shimakaze best kancolle

Vylash

Yeah, Kancolle is super fun, but I won't tolerate any trash talking of Shimakaze

What does haruna from arpeggio have to do with kancolle? I know she's a ship but still.
Insane.

Shimakaze best kancolle

The Arpeggio anime had Kancolle x Arpeggio end cards as well, guess they must be partners or something

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Insane.

Shimakaze best kancolle

She and other Arpeggio characters are temporary ships for a Christmas event that's currently going on, but they'll be gone when it ends in January. Also ban for that spoiler text.

And yeah, quite popular. Was at Family Mart yesterday and they have a Kancolle promotion going on now with stupid garbage like bowls and alarm clocks and etc. Not that these collaborations are rare but it's funny that a browser game is this big, considering the other one going on atm is Attack on Titan.

Everyone I know seems to be. I'm waiting for the Vita entry to jump in myself.

#TeamNagato

Good idea, probably. Still waiting to see if it's actually going to be the same as the browser game.

Is there anything that Japan CAN'T turn into kawaii little girls? They already moe-fied various dictators (including a tsundere Hitler). What the hell is left? Various stages of Cancer?

Saprol

I started earlier this week. Passing world 2-4 sucks so I don't know if there's a point in throwing resources at the current event map.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
But everyone told me Shimakaze was dabes ( ≖‿≖)

Don't feel like using a proxy server, so I'm waiting for Vita version. I don't really know much about the game, but I like Yamato and Kongou's designs.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I condemn this thread to Shimakaze spam...

...I don't play Kancolle

Summation of Shimakaze fans.

It's pretty fun. I find it kind of boring sometimes which is why I'm waiting to see direct of a port the Vita version is but hopefully it's a bit more engaging.

Edit: ^ lol

vall03

I have to be honest here, I first heard about Kancolle because of Shimakaze doujins. They just started popping up and I was wondering what series it was. From what I've heard also, from a gameplay perspective, its somewhat good too. I'd really love to try it out =, and hopefully I'd get my chance with the Vita game next year.

Also, the designs I like thats not Shimakaze are Tenryuu, Kongou, Haruna, Kirishima and Yamato.

Acosta

Hoping it won't be since it seems to have some decent development time getting put into it.

In my wildest dreams:

84406797.png

Oh my god, my life is incomplete without this :_(

ponpo said:
Summation of Shimakaze fans.

It's pretty fun. I find it kind of boring sometimes which is why I'm waiting to see direct of a port the Vita version is but hopefully it's a bit more engaging.

Cruel! :p To be fair, I vastly prefer Akagi design over Shimakaze. Too obnoxious. And I would like to play this, but I can't be bothered with VPN and so.

Xisiqomelir

Everyone is pro-Kongou or pro-Haruna out of the 4 sisters, but I like Hiei.

22_3.png

The historical Hiei is pretty neat too, being called out by name in the Treaty of London:

Japanese_training_ship_Hiei.jpg

Article 2
1. The United States, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and Japan shall dispose of the following capital ships as provided in this Article:

United States:

"Florida".

"Utah".

"Arkansas" or "Wyoming".

United Kingdom:

"Benbow".

"Iron Duke".

"Marlborough".

"Emperor of India".

"Tiger".

Japan:

"Hiyei".

(a) Subject to the provisions of subparagraph (b), the above ships, unless converted to target use exclusively in accordance with Chapter II, Part 2, paragraph II(c) of the Washington Treaty, shall be scrapped in the following manner:

One of the ships to be scrapped by the United States, and two of those to be scrapped by the United Kingdom shall be rendered unfit for warlike service, in accordance with Chapter II, Part 2, paragraph III(b) of the Washington Treaty, within twelve months from the coming into force of the present Treaty. These ships shall be finally scrapped, in accordance with paragraph II(a) or (b) of the said Part 2, within twenty-four months from the said coming into force. In the case of the second of the ships to be scrapped by the United States, and of the third and fourth of the ships to be scrapped by the United Kingdom, the said periods shall be eighteen and thirty months respectively from the coming into force of the present Treaty.

(b) Of the ships to be disposed of under this Article, the following may be retained for training purposes:

by the United States:

"Arkansas" or "Wyoming".

by the United Kingdom:

"Iron Duke".

by Japan:

"Hiyei".

These ships shall be reduced to the condition prescribed in Section V of Annex II to Part II of the present Treaty. The work of reducing these vessels to the required condition shall begin, in the case of the United States and the United Kingdom within twelve months, and in the case of Japan within eighteen months from the coming into force of the present Treaty; the work shall be completed within six months of the expiration of the abovementioned periods.

Any of these ships which are not retained for training purposes shall be rendered unfit for warlike service within eighteen months, and finally scrapped within thirty months, of the coming into force of the present Treaty.

2. Subject to any disposal of capital ships which might be necessitated, in accordance with the Washington Treaty, by the building by France or Italy of the replacement tonnage referred to in Article 1 of the present Treaty, all existing capital ships mentioned in Chapter II, Part 3, Section II of the Washington Treaty and not designated above to be disposed of may be retained during the term of the present Treaty.

3. The right of replacement is not lost by delay in laying down replacement tonnage, and the old vessel may be retained until replaced even though due for scrapping under Chapter II, Part 3, Section II of the Washington Treaty.

StayDead

I've just realised I'd have to VPN to play the browser version anyway and I have no idea how to do that so I guess I'll wait for the vita one and hope it works x_x

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Ugh, I specifically named this thread "Does anyone here play" to AVOID spamming Shimakaze nonsense that has nothing to do with the game (._. ) go back to doujinshi-lewdgaf, perverts!

I've just realised I'd have to VPN to play the browser version anyway and I have no idea how to do that so I guess I'll wait for the vita one and hope it works x_x

It'll work and probably be the same game, so might as well wait!

Isn't the upcoming KanColle game confirmed for TRPG? That kinda implies that it'll actually have real production values.

Besides, last we heard, KanColle is not making Kadokawa any real money yet. No point extending the same F2P mechanism over to Vita if gamers aren't paying for it.

Better to capitalise on the extremely potent merchandising potential of the franchise... and license them out for anime, manga and quality games.

Puru

Everybody knows the best are ryuujou, hibiki and Kitakami

Saw something about a TRPG kan colle game, possibly the vita game, my japanese is craptastic so i couldn't tell.

StayDead

So it's 2:55AM in Japan right now and I thought I'd use my newly aqquired VPN to give this a try. The servers are all full o_o

I still play every couple of days, but I'm getting F2P fatigue at the moment -_-
(speaking of which, I need to start a GAF Mahjong/Tenhou thread or something...)

DiGiKerot

So it's 2:55AM in Japan right now and I thought I'd use my newly aqquired VPN to give this a try. The servers are all full o_o

Yup. They open new servers quite frequently, but the places are limited and allocation is given randomly to people who try and get in at a specific time. If you want to get into KanColle, you'll need to keep an eye on their twitter feed for new server openings, and be patient/lucky!

Honestly, I think a lot of the games popularity was fueled by how much of a pain in the arse it was to get in at times!

Everybody knows the best are ryuujou, hibiki and Kitakami

Saw something about a TRPG kan colle game, possibly the vita game, my japanese is craptastic so i couldn't tell.
Having a Wo-class avatar and not acknowledging her as the best oughta be punishable by firing squad. Or tentacles.

54789025i9l8z.jpg

I don't play Kancolle either.

womp womp

i want to play but i don't wanna go through hoops and stuff

fanart and characters da bess

shimakaze nendo was ordered within minutes

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kankore is a phenomenon in Japan. BudokaiMR2 and myself have been talking about giving it a try just out of the sheer curiosity. Maybe I can swing playing at work for research.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Waiing for the lotto is kind of annoying but once it's open I don't think it's that hard. Maybe using a VPN makes it worse I dunno but I've made three accounts and got into the lotto each time on my first attempt.

Also from comiket, this is the best Kancolle cosplay so far.

11644059986_28021df356_h.jpg

Qvoth

really interested in trying this, but i just couldn't be bothered with using vpn
had a bad experience with them :(

CSX

After seeing some of the pics posted , I realize this is the same browser game two of my classmates were playing all the time on school computers during lecture. I don't know how they used a VPN on school computers but man they were obsessed with it.

I don't know too much about this other than that someone made a few SRW style combat animation gifs for it which got me interested.

I'll keep an eye out for this Vita version that's been mentioned.

Josephl64

I play it, my faves are Akagi and Kaga...I'll probably be making a new account from scratch though so hopefully I'll win the lottery to get in

DiGiKerot

After seeing some of the pics posted , I realize this is the same browser game two of my classmates were playing all the time on school computers during lecture. I don't know how they used a VPN on school computers but man they were obsessed with it.

I don't play, because I tend to see these games as a slippery slide of time consumption that I really don't want to subject myself to (I get quite enough KanColle from my twitter timeline, anyway!), but my understanding is that you only really need the VPN for the server lotto, and once you are in, there's a link you can use to play which doesn't require it.

I don't play, because I tend to see these games as a slippery slide of time consumption that I really don't want to subject myself to (I get quite enough KanColle from my twitter timeline, anyway!), but my understanding is that you only really need the VPN for the server lotto, and once you are in, there's a link you can use to play which doesn't require it.

Pretty much. Once you get past the lottery, you can just use your API link to connect with little to no effort. Use the link with with a flash projector and you're good to go. If anyone wants the specifics, you can search for the wiki or I can try to answer any questions.

Danj

Here's a question - what OS and browser combination is best for KanColle? Since setting it up requires VPNs and time zone changes and that sort of rubbish, I'm thinking of setting up a VM to do it in, and just wondered if I should go with Windows/Internet Explorer or if there would be a better combination.

Top Bottom