• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone here play aka Kantai Collection aka Kancolle aka Shimakaze Sucks

FigureGAF is terrified of the coming KanColle apocalypse. Thankfully, I don't really have the urge to buy any of the standard girl figures, but some of those Fleet of the Abyss figures are looking niiiiiiiice. Especially Max Factory's Wo-Class and Re-Class.

198382.jpg
235705.jpg

crinale

While Unryu looks good its performance as a unit within the game kinda sucks so I've heard :(
I don't think I could go deep enough to get it anyway :(

I never got a solid answer to this but just how big are these chip girls supposed to be? Are they normal human size and firing tiny planes and torpedoes or are the firing actual size weaponry and they are actually enormous?

crinale

I never got a solid answer to this but just how big are these chip girls supposed to be? Are they normal human size and firing tiny planes and torpedoes or are the firing actual size weaponry and they are actually enormous?

Kadokawa never gave the official answer. However, they did say that if you choose to "disassemble" at the factory then girls are off-duty and goes back to normal life, so I'm assuming they are normal size and firing human-sized guns.

The little "fairies" are controlling actual plane and weaponry, as you could see them in catalog.

Forkball

I saw someone wearing a Kantai Collection t-shirt the other day. On the same day, I also saw MLP and John Cena shirts. What a day.

StayDead

Apologies for the insane bump, but until someone makes a Kancolle community thread I might as well use this thread. I finally got in with the lottery this weekend and have been playing uh, pretty much non stop >_>

I'm up to world 1-4 now and I now know the power of carriers. Without any Battleships for the armor and firepower or any heavy cruisers I get the feeling this world may take me a while and a lot of repairs. I suppose it could make sense to just farm 1-3 for a while to see if I can get Akagi/Houshou or some CA to push me through.

I've got Tenryuu and Tatsuta as CLs with AA but that doesn't seem to help so much when the majority of my 2 fleets are destroyers still :p

You can get Akagi by completing the quests.

There's a sortie quest where you deploy fleet #2 which unlocks a composition quest which then unlocks another sortie quest that gives Akagi as a reward.

StayDead

You can get Akagi by completing the quests.

There's a sortie quest where you deploy fleet #2 which unlocks a composition quest which then unlocks another sortie quest that gives Akagi as a reward.

Aha, I thought I'd done the initial deploy fleet 2 quest, but apparently I never set it to track so never completed it.

The new event ships, especially the new sub is very cute but I'm miles off getting them. Can you still get event ships after the event ends?

DiGiKerot

The new event ships, especially the new sub is very cute but I'm miles off getting them. Can you still get event ships after the event ends?

Eventually they'll be rolled into some degree of regular availability, though it can take months for that to happen, and they can still be pretty darn hard to unlock. The other tanned sub, Shioi, only recently became buildable, and even then only though LSC.

Josephl64

dang I haven't played the game in forever...just waiting for the Vita ver at this point. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did though

StayDead

Oh, for the quest to get Akagi you need a carrier/light carrier/seaplane tender so I guess I better just farm 1-3 until I get lucky.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Oh, for the quest to get Akagi you need a carrier/light carrier/seaplane tender so I guess I better just farm 1-3 until I get lucky.

Don't worry too much about akagi,I am in world 3 now and had 3 copies of her (never tried to farm for her).

You will know why I hate akagi so much once you sortie with her.

Top Bottom