• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone here play aka Kantai Collection aka Kancolle aka Shimakaze Sucks

Ken

I thought this was stupid at first but some of the (NSFW) fanart (with Kirishima and Mutsu) has been pretty good.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
11961170816_650949d343_o.png

kita

Prelude.

Btw, a partial english translation has been released today. I never played the game but since the thread's been bumped I might as well let more people know.

leave it to Japan to so literally objectify women
More like womanize objects.

edit: ninja'd even by the avatar

Danj

This looks hella cute but I'll wait for an English version that I don't have to proxy into.

You only have to VPN for the initial lottery and registration. After that you can just grab your API link and run it straight from Flash Projector.

I managed to get in on Tuesday, I did a videos of it (was just messing around with OBS on Twitch) for anyone who's interested to see what it looks like.

EDIT: in other news, apparently Commie has managed to create an English patch for the browser game.

Zhao_Yun

So I decided to get into this game just to see what all the fuss is about and luckily got in on my first lottery attempt. Finished the 5 tutorial steps and now I am a bit clueless on what to do next? Does anyone have a good roadmap for the first steps in the game?

antibolo

Banned
I'm hoping that the Vita game will be a spinoff of some sorts. They could diverge into other genres with the characters.
I want a fighting game

Zabi

Banned
Anime PV is out. Now we can expect a bunch more players! R..right?

jPf9v8V.gif

If I'm reading that image right: four ships are on standby, seven are being refueled, two are undergoing a cleanup, and one is returning with cargo.

crinale

If I'm reading that image right: four ships are on standby, seven are being refueled, two are undergoing a cleanup, and one is returning with cargo.

Two destroyers (Shimakaze & Amatsukaze) are bathing, i.e. they are at the repair dock.
Four battleships at bottom right (all Kongo class) are being refueled.
Three aircraft careers (Akagi, Kaga, & Hosho also serving the dishes) are also being refueled.
Four destroyers (Akatsuki / Hibiki / Ikazuchi / Inazuma) are standing by.
A light aircraft carrier (Ryujo) is bringing back newly developed weapon, only to find out the development just flat out failed.

Edit: You can also tell that the girl bringing back developed item is currently the flagship of the entire fleet.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

Two destroyers (Shimakaze & Amatsukaze) are bathing, i.e. they are at the repair dock.
Four battleships at bottom right (all Kongo class) are being refueled.
Three aircraft careers (Akagi, Kaga, & Hosho also serving the dishes) are also being refueled.
Four destroyers (Akatsuki / Hibiki / Ikazuchi / Inazuma) are standing by.
A light aircraft carrier (Ryujo) is bringing back newly developed weapon, only to find out the development just flat out failed.

Edit: You can also tell that the girl bringing back developed item is currently the flagship of the entire fleet.

Kancolle confirmed DEEP.

Also new event starts in three days.

crinale

Well Kadokawa admitted the game itself is like barely profitable (of course it's far better than losing money and thus must be discontinued). IMO they make money off of something else like comics, books and such.
The reason for this being not much profitable is you hardly have to pay anything to play "normally" and not do power leveling.

BTW the new event seems like ultra-hard. I've been playing this for only a few months but I don't think I can beat it.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Why the hell does this rake in so much money

Cause it's good!

Well Kadokawa admitted the game itself is like barely profitable (of course it's far better than losing money and thus must be discontinued). IMO they make money off of something else like comics, books and such.
The reason for this being much profitable is you hardly have to pay anything to play "normally" and not do power leveling.

BTW the new event seems like ultra-hard. I've been playing this for only a few months but I don't think I can beat it.

Well I'm more into buying merch than playing the game so mission accomplished. And yeah it's pretty hard ._.

Silky

Banned
First time I've heard of this. Character designs seem pretty decent, especially the large coat girl. I can dig it.

i-Jest

Kantai Collection = I.S. Infinite Stratos before I.S. Infinite Stratos was I.S. Infinite Stratos. And that clears that up.

Honestly though, I know next to nothing about Kantai Collection. I thought it was an anime. Don't know what gave me that impression.

synce

Why the hell does this rake in so much money

I don't think it does, but it's popular with otaku because come on it's anime girls and gunships.

One thing that annoys me about this game is that many great doujin circles are cranking out Kankore books when they could be doing more interesting material (IMO anyway). It's popularity at comiket is on the same level as Touhou now

man i remember playing this and enjoying it until i got tired of getting vpns :/ i had like so many ship girls from just basic farmining i never got mutsu :T but got nagato which was hella sweet lol

Yasumi

Banned
I don't think it does, but it's popular with otaku because come on it's anime girls and gunships.

One thing that annoys me about this game is that many great doujin circles are cranking out Kankore books when they could be doing more interesting material (IMO anyway). It's popularity at comiket is on the same level as Touhou now
It's actually surpassed Touhou.
002_976x637.jpg

GrizzNKev

Banned
No, but I read a hentai based on it once.

The most awkward weeaboo I ever met did a presentation about it in my communication class, then played it in front of us with the girls moaning loudly on the speakers. Mmmmm.

Puru

6gqWciO.jpg

Why is Unryuu so majestic?

Why is her skirt so small you mean? Is she trying to compete with Shimakaze.

Also i looked at the new enemies and saw they now feature the loliest loli of them all, i see this game evolved since last time i checked.

Top Bottom